zim

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
ariel

#16 Post by ariel »

zim-0.5.0-lucid repackaged. It's thinner and solves the problem mentioned above.

6Mb compressed.
md5sum: f0ac71113314fcb8e3593b8ac5907fba

Subito Piano

#17 Post by Subito Piano »

WOW! Thanks! Works, no problems, and you put it on a diet, too! :-)

Mirrored here for anyone else who might have trouble with the file hoster (they didn't like my SeaMonkey).

Blessings!

JackWagon

zim 6

#18 Post by JackWagon »

Anyone have a lean and mean Zim pet or sfs for Tahr 6?

Thanks,
JW

Subito Piano

#19 Post by Subito Piano »

Try zim-0.56.linux-i686.pet

Direct download link: here from smokey01's page here. However, methinks i just installed it using Puppy Package Manager, choosing "search all repos." That way it should pull in all dependencies for you.

You should be fine, but as always, if you are concerned about messing anything up, boot Puppy with the pfix=ram option and test it out first.

JackWagon

latest Pet or SFS install

#20 Post by JackWagon »

Thank you Subito Piano!

I tried the .Pet download you suggested. From the TarNOP ver 6.0 command line:
zim
command failed user/bin/zim user/bin/python no file or directory

The package manager shows the install but I could not locate the presumed installed files. :shock:

From the latest updated Tahr, I also tried the package manager install (9) which seemed as if the install did not happen.

Unfortunately, I'm not very fluent in linux but trying to learn, so any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JW

Subito Piano

#21 Post by Subito Piano »

I'm assuming you have TahrPup set up the way you like and don't want to start all over again -- ? If that's true, then do this:
First, try booting with the pfix=ram parameter (let me know if you don't know how to do that)
Then open package manager, and install zim from the repos, making sure to "examine dependencies," then "download and install all dependencies."
IF THAT WORKS, reboot as normal, then uninstall the zim pet by going to Package Manager, scroll to the bottom of your installed packages, and click on zim to remove it.
Then reboot, open package manager, and install zim from the repos, making sure to "examine dependencies," then "download and install all dependencies."
Post results back

gcmartin

#22 Post by gcmartin »

Zim's "Latest release: 0.65" and is found here.

Is the pet shown earlier, 0.56, a typo? If not, will someone update for current PUPs.

Subito Piano

#23 Post by Subito Piano »

Not a typo....but like i said, one probably wants to fetch it thru ppm, last i checked that's version 6.0

ariel

zim-0.60 for puppy tahr

#24 Post by ariel »

Hello all,

I have uploaded a new version of zim for tahr puppy. See first post for the download link.

:arrow: [url=https://lab2000-linux.homepc.it]lab2000-linux.homepc.it[/url]