Puppy 4.3.1 kill windows7 internet

Lady

Puppy 4.3.1 kill windows7 internet

#1 Post by Lady »

I have a new laptop with windows7 and atheros 8132 G.

I installed Puppy 4.3.1 and tried to connect the internet.
Puppy finds eth0, but when I test the connection, I get the answer:
Puppy was unable to connect the network.

Then I tried to load another module: no result. Then I tried the atl1e test.pet: no result.

I unload the module and load again: no result. Eth0 is deleted.

Then I reboot and start windows7 and also windows7 has now lost the network adapter for lan atheros 8132G. I tried to reinstall the driver: no result.
I cannot go into the internet with lan because the adapter is lost or killed or anything else.

I think windows7 doesn't like puppy, maybe microsoft has installed a "firewall" or whatever. So if you use Puppy with windows7, windows7 makes troubles.

smokey01

#2 Post by smokey01 »

Lady,

I haven't read these help files myself but they might give you a clue to your problem.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 857#399857

I run Both Windows7 and Puppy without problems.

dr.dave

#3 Post by dr.dave »

i am alsonew to puppy,i have been using jolicloud for about a year,gave puppy a try and had trouble conecting and i think i unloaded my wired lan etho adapter.it wont show up in windows or any other linux distro i try,i read the link mentioned here and didnt help.how can i get my adapter back.thanx in advance for any help

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

Is this a laptop? Take the battery out, wait a while, and replace it. Boot Windows. If it's a desktop machine, pull the power plug, replug it and reboot.

You should also reboot any routers or modems.

dr.dave

#5 Post by dr.dave »

rcrsn51 wrote:Is this a laptop? Take the battery out, wait a while, and replace it. Boot Windows. If it's a desktop machine, pull the power plug, replug it and reboot.

You should also reboot any routers or modems.
wow thanx so much,i should have gave more info,its a acer d250 netbook.i tried your tip and it worked like a charm,i love these forums.thanx again.