SOLVEDLost Menu-need to find gparted

Booting, installing, newbie
PeachBlossum

SOLVEDLost Menu-need to find gparted

#1 Post by PeachBlossum »

Hi
I'm running lupu from a usb stick. No probs- my first linux - been using it for a week.
Today I lost my menu and taskbar. There is nothing but my wallpaper and icons and pwidgets.
When I right click no menu appears.

I need to be able to use gparted to format my hard drive because last night I mucked up the puppy I had installed on it and reinstalling it didn't help.....doesn't boot. (yes I do think that these two problems are related)

Is there any way of getting gparted to run?

I can follow clear instruction but be careful with jargon because I don't speak it. Pure n00b.
Thanks
Last edited by PeachBlossum on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

James C

Re: Lost Menu-need to find gparted

#2 Post by James C »

PeachBlossum wrote:Hi
I'm running lupu from a usb stick. No probs- my first linux - been using it for a week.
Today I lost my menu and taskbar. There is nothing but my wallpaper and icons and pwidgets.
When I right click no menu appears.

I need to be able to use gparted to format my hard drive because last night I mucked up the puppy I had installed on it and reinstalling it didn't help.....doesn't boot. (yes I do think that these two problems are related)

Is there any way of getting gparted to run?

I can follow clear instruction but be careful with jargon because I don't speak it. Pure n00b.
Thanks
Since you still have icons, click on the "console" icon and when the terminal appears type in "gparted" and hit enter........should launch Gparted.
HTH.

PeachBlossum

#3 Post by PeachBlossum »

Thankyou James C
That's that done.
Wish me luck with the rest of it.
I might be back.