Puplite 5.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

i did't really fall in love with Akita

#211 Post by Pelo »

Akita : lot of people talk about Akita as a wonderful OS. i tasted it, and apart of the desktop, i did't really fall in love . I keep my Puplite.
how many 'XP'computers would be happy to run a classical puppy, Akita if you like it, instead to be thrown in the trash ?
Old puppies are really easy to remaster, even by newbies (programming is not fun at all, not a hobby, really, nervous breakdowns, headaches and suicide, bad humour, and so on :evil: ).
Compile is not the right word to use in my case, because it means you start again the puppy. I only change touches, wireless mainly, and update (or change) the browser.
all applications are enough in Lucid version. they are still on use in schools networks. And the size generally is small enough to get the old puppy running fast
I write you with snowpup, by Pemasu, with a kernel 3.0.25, that is perfect. Iget in the multimedia menu much more than in a Slacko 6.3.0, without adding anything.
When my laptop will be a brand new one with Windows 10, perhaps i shall be obliged to use Newer. I hope puppy will continue with new generation, because it's a so pleasant OS. for home.

Pelo

What a pleasure to play my friend's DVD

#212 Post by Pelo »

What a pleasure to play my friend's DVD when VLC Gnome-Mplayer or Parole (XFCE) failed in brand new Puppies with last kernels !
Attachments
ppy4.jpg
Take fun with these nice Puppies.
(54.58 KiB) Downloaded 220 times