Fatdog64-511

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
playdayz

#256 Post by playdayz »

--enable-application=suite
That is it exactly. I know because I tried to compile SM 2.1 on FD64. I was not able to. It did configure using kirk's options, but it failed during the make. Someone with more knowledge will be able to solve it surely.

kirk, Thanks for all the info. It is very helpful, also well-explained. I was lazy because I was thinking of it for testing, but I have compiled 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 for 32-bit and they have been very solid. One thing was that this 64-bit version would crash if one tried to use the Winamp skins interface, so I disabled that--the gtk interface is much nicer now anyway imho. Looking forward to the beta. The repackaged audacious pet seems to work fine.

Ted Dog

MiniMac64

#257 Post by Ted Dog »

Thanks to the people who put this together, this works the best of any sub 200M puppy. I'm creating a version of puppy linux live DVD for MiniMacs.
So far MiniMacv4.1 can boot run in vesa mode, save session, and see the EFI/FAT 200 mg partition on a mac HD. The hard to get working wireless and audio are found and was able to get on the internet. Being a 64 bit version I tried booting with a EFI only Grub2 and it tried (lights on EFI boot USB, flashed) but screen stayed dark.

I read there is a NV.pet the one big flaw is a screwed up Xorg in the version 520b1. can someone PM me the location of Nvidia pet for this version.

PROGRAFX

#258 Post by PROGRAFX »

OK I have had my new HP DM1Z Netbook for about a week now. I hate Windows 7 and all the other BS the HP puts on the system. So I have been Dabbling with different Linux Distros for years now. But I still Consider myself a beginner. Now I want to use Puppy from flash and run it from a ramdisk. But still have access to a 128GB SD card for watching movies and stuff like that while I'm on a plain or what not. I'm thinking this has got to be the best way to prolong the battery life and access the net via all the different options I have available. Now I am upgrading the RAM to 8GB so a ramdisk should not be any problem. I have not seen any distros fill these shoes other than Fatdog64. Has anyone tried this yet? And if so what needs fixed so that it will work perfect on a DM1Z?
Last edited by PROGRAFX on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

Aitch

#259 Post by Aitch »

PROGRAFX

AFAIK that netbook has an AMD Fusion dualcore, so should be OK

Try it, is the simple answer........puppy doesn't break things trying, as long as you run live CD or put it on a usb stick

Aitch :)