Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 01 Aug 2014, 22:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Fatdog64-511
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 8 of 18 [259 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ..., 16, 17, 18 Next
Roy

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 14:56    Post subject:  

Thank you, guys!

Jamesbond, yes... it is my sole local printer, connected via USB. Found the permissions stuff Menu > Cups manage printing > Administration tab > Manage Printers > left click on desired printer > under 'Administration' drop down menu, select 'Set Allowed Users' > enter 'root spot' (without ''). Now the default printing capability is -- at least functionally -- restored.

rcrsn51, that's the ticket! I had already gone to the link you provided, but was getting a geek CLI message that indicated a 32-bit library was not being accepted by the 64-bit system when trying the pixma-backend-qrky-1.0.21.pet. Might have just been a problem on my end, but installing your pixma-backend-fd64-1.0.21.pet solved my scanning issue with my Canon PIXMA MP460. Thank you!

-Roy
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 15:01    Post subject:  

Excellent.

Because this package also installs libusb1.0, it slightly modifies how other USB devices work. However, I have never had a problem with this in 32-bit systems like Quirky.
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 15:45    Post subject:  

Here is Peasyscan for FD64.

Please provide feedback.
peasyscan_fd64-1.4.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  peasyscan_fd64-1.4.pet 
Filesize  52.75 KB 
Downloaded  193 Time(s) 
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 17:54    Post subject:  

Here is the HP printer package for CUPS. These are just basic printer drivers - no scanners, firmware plugins or toolkits.

Please provide feedback.
hpijs_print_fd64-3.11.1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  hpijs_print_fd64-3.11.1.pet 
Filesize  412.51 KB 
Downloaded  197 Time(s) 
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 19:11    Post subject:  

Here is the HP scanner driver package. It has been tested with a Deskjet F4280 in both Xsane and Peasyscan.

Please provide feedback.
hplip_scan_fd64-3.11.1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  hplip_scan_fd64-3.11.1.pet 
Filesize  505.85 KB 
Downloaded  193 Time(s) 
Jim1911

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 19:25    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
Here is the HP scanner driver package. It has been tested with a Deskjet F4280 in both Xsane and Peasyscan.

Please provide feedback.
Thanks, works fine using Xsane with my HP C5280.

@jamesbond
I have prepared an sfs of the 64bit final version of LibreOffice-3.1.1_en-US that works fine,including printing, with Fatdog. If you like, PM me temporary upload info, and I'll upload it to your site. I've already uploaded the 32bit version to playdayz and it should be available for download with Quickpet in the new Lucid-5.2.

Cheers,
Jim
LO3.1.1.png
Description 
png

Download 
Filename  LO3.1.1.png 
Filesize  398.43 KB 
Downloaded  189 Time(s) 

jamesbond

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 07:15    Post subject:  

Thank you everyone!

Please give feedback to rcrsn51's pets - if they're ok, I'll put them to the repo.

Jim, I tried LibreOffice 3.1.1 before (when you announced to me), when it opened for the first time there was a window re-painting problem on its welcome screen. It doesn't affect functionality but it does give the impression that the application is "broken". Has this been fixed (=ie, doesn't happen in your system)? You can use the mydrive.ch account in page 7 of this thread, and upload it to "upload" folder. Let's hear some feedback on it and if it's ok, I'll publish that to the repo. Thanks for packaging Smile

cheers!

rcrsn51

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 10:43    Post subject:  

Here is the alternate Epson scanner driver required by some models. It has been tested with a WorkForce 320 in both Xsane and Peasyscan.

Please provide feedback.
epkowa_backend_fd64-2.26.2.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  epkowa_backend_fd64-2.26.2.pet 
Filesize  191.28 KB 
Downloaded  187 Time(s) 
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 16:21    Post subject:  

Here is the "official" Epson printer driver package. It supports a variety of models not handled by Gutenprint.

Please provide feedback.
epson_pipslite_fd64-1.5.0.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  epson_pipslite_fd64-1.5.0.pet 
Filesize  1.37 MB 
Downloaded  180 Time(s) 
Roy

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 22:30    Post subject:  

Curiously, even though the extra library allowed Xsane to start and (preview) scan in FD64, I discovered that Xsane would not actually scan and save the image -- even with the new library added. Xsane merely reported that the operation was canceled.

HOWEVER, adding the peasyscan dot pet solves the issue by both scanning and successfully saving the image. Wish peasyscan would create .pdf's, but .jpgs will certainly do (and might be smaller).

Wondering if I can professionally manipulate and image to insert a hand-written signature and then use something like sam2p to convert from a jpg into a pdf..... But then, I wouldn't need to print or scan (as much) if I could do that.

-Roy
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 23:04    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
Wish peasyscan would create .pdf's

Peasyscan lets you save the image as a Postscript (PS) file. You can then convert it to a PDF with
Code:
ps2pdf xxx.ps
jim3630

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 23:47    Post subject:  

thanks rcrsn51 and others for the fd64 511 hp printer pets and others pets, my fd is obese by puppy standards. I've only "fixed" it once enough to break but was a good learning opportunity. Almost everything is working now...

Just can't quite figure out how to get my sound back in fd HDD install on new HP dual intel which do have sound on the other distros, have triple boot Snow Puppy and Knoppix on the HDD. I'm in the wrong section for the question but hoping it's a simple fix a seasoned fd user will have off the top. thanks again jim
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar 2011, 00:04    Post subject:  

Quote:
the fd64 511 hp printer pets

Could you be more specific? What printer model(s) did you test? Did you use both the printer and scanner drivers?
jim3630

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar 2011, 00:44    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
Quote:
the fd64 511 hp printer pets

Could you be more specific? What printer model(s) did you test? Did you use both the printer and scanner drivers?

My wife got both hpijs_print_fd64-3.11.1.pet and hplip_scan_fd64-3.11.1.pet for a hp6400. May have used both it's over my skill level.
Roy

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar 2011, 01:41    Post subject:  

jamesbond wrote:
Quote:
Good report on Frisbee ... if we have good feedback, kirk will probably include that as the default

Frisbee works very well for me, although in some of the earlier versions a few testers were asking for a rollback to the traditional network manager... Haven't seen ANY complaints on the later versions, and I am content with a .pet -- as long as you ensure a valid .pet version is available! As for the broadcom wireless, that's what I have to use on my netbook, with the wl.ko driver and no ssb module loaded. Jemimah's done good work there, too.

rcrsn51 wrote:
Quote:
save the image as a Postscript (PS) file. You can then convert it to a PDF

Thank you, rcrsn51. I really should remember things like that.... it's either the years or the miles under my belt that cause me to forget.

-Roy
Page 8 of 18 [259 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ..., 16, 17, 18 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: