Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 31 Aug 2014, 06:36
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Snow Puppy 020 with more apps, fonts and themes
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 40 of 46 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 Next
pemasu

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 16:50    Post_subject:  

Quick post before going to the bed.
/etc/xdg/templates/_root_.icewm_menu is the right template to do the editing. It wont be overwritten. After editing, run fixmenus in console and restart wm.

Nice hacking you have done to get shutdown menu to your liking. You should post your hacked scripts, I am sure someone would like to try them.

And I still dont know what broke puppyinstaller. I am clueless still after investigating and replacing many apps used by puppyinstaller. Mystery.
CoronelN

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 17:01    Post_subject:  

Thanks mate will give a try at that menu location Very Happy

I tried to post the hacked script in the psd post but the forum rejected it...
I never done a pet but i might learn Razz or i will host it in my server and post the link (my milleage may vary on caffeine levels)

Hope you find soon the culptrit of what is breaking 019 I wanna try it Very Happy

BTW if i can help you testing/breaking something let me know, i am a noob in *nix with Xindows but I have lots of free time....
pemasu

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 17:30    Post_subject:  

Right now it looks like 2 latest woof platforms seems to brake puppy installer. It can be even something in the init script inside initrd.gz which brakes it. I havent found any of my packages so far braking it.
I will revert now 2 woof download backwards and try tomorrow next test build.
CoronelN

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun 2011, 08:34    Post_subject:  

Pemasu;

Do you have a changelog of what is different from 018 and 019 ? (just curious)

Also what is the goal/objetive of Snow Puppy ?

Also quick question;

how do <fn> are called for mapping and where can i map keys system wide and not dependant of the WM ?

same applies for the <windows> key

I have a great interest since almost everyhting works aut of the box i would like to try and create a .sfs addon for Acer Aspire One users that can install on top of your Snow for a full feature experience....
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:02    Post_subject:  

There wasnt big changes. Some application updates and Snow Puppy-019 was supposed to be bug fix release with updated syslinux and disktype binaries to support ext4 frugal installs to the usb boot medias.
But somehow I got broken puppyinstaller. Changing back those updated applications have not remedied the puppyinstaller.
So there isnt anything wrong with Snow Puppy-018 if you dont want to install to the ext4 usb boot medias.

Goal of Snow Puppy is simple. It is my main OS in my Acer 5820TG laptop, with Ice Puppies. I have uploaded it and compiled some drivers more and updated the applications and used latest woof downloads.
You can remap some keyfunctions with keybindings to the executable commands with xbindkeys-config found on the Menu. It is gui frontend for xbindkeys and creates .xbindkeysrc under /root for xbindkeys.
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:49    Post_subject:  

Haa, I think I figured out what is wrong with puppyinstaller and my updated packages. I got it working. Now I need to verify that the problem is fixed by making new woof build using latest woof.
CoronelN

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:23    Post_subject:  

Great! I am glad you found it hope it is totally solved, so you can lower your caffeine levels Very Happy

q: xbindkeys

is that what you used for your keybindings? I would not want to end up conflicting with any other method you have implemented in the core.

I know that iceWM has a few keybinds of its own for example...

yet another question:

if i use the template for the menus in the folder you pointed will that only apply to IceWM or will it be independant of the windows manager ?

PS: I tried to remaster the current running snow i had to experiment with remastering cds etc and now it wont boot Sad
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:33    Post_subject:  

I use xbindkeys. You can see the existing keybindings when you open xbindkeys-config. You cant make another keybinding if there exists previous one before you delete the previous one. I believe so.
In that /etc/xdg/templates is template for jwm and icewm. Editing just one of them affects only to that wm.
CoronelN

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun 2011, 06:52    Post_subject:  

I have not succeeded in recovering my frugal install... it wont boot whatever i do...

Kernel errors and filesystem panic...

I am sad, fluppy did the same but in that case was the installation of wbar...

Sad sad Sad as hell i am installing UNR once again to see if works faster with 2gB
pemasu

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:43    Post_subject:  

Snow Puppy-020 has been uploaded. JWM updated from 493 to 500-1. Pmusic updated to 1.8.3. Defaults Program chooser and commandline gongetit added. Puppyinstaller problem fixed.
Some minor edits also.

Download link: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/SnowPuppy-020/
mikeslr

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun 2011, 13:06    Post_subject: Simple-Scan for Snow Puppy & Lupu/Lucid  

Hi All,

Just thought you should know:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=532824#532824

mikesLr
pemasu

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun 2011, 13:38    Post_subject:  

mikesLr. Thank you of the info. I have added your Xsane frontend simplescan to the ftp site under Pets. I renamed it to the simplescan-0.0.1.pet so that it is woof compliant.
jim3630

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun 2011, 17:07    Post_subject:  

snow puppy 20 frugal hdd on ext2 install. added sea monkey21rcl with adobeflash, firefox 5.0b2 with adobeflash, google earth 6.03.217, celestia 160, all work as expected including the universal installer which recognized ext4 partitions.

Briefly tested adobeflash playing in FF and SM with streaming web TV. Worked correctly for those few minutes.

# glxgears
3375 frames in 5.0 seconds
3549 frames in 5.0 seconds
3186 frames in 5.0 seconds
3211 frames in 5.0 seconds
3186 frames in 5.0 seconds
3169 frames in 5.0 seconds
3231 frames in 5.0 seconds
3193 frames in 5.0 seconds
3220 frames in 5.0 seconds
3152 frames in 5.0 seconds
In Ice Puppy my gears numbers are about double.

Fri 10 Jun 2011 Operating System: Snow Puppy-020 Linux 2.6.35.7
2.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
oem: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Chipset Accelerated VGA BIOS product: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Controller Hardware Version 0.0

X Server: Xorg Driver: unknown
X.Org version: 1.7.6
dimensions: 1024x768 pixels (270x203 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) IGDNG_M GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.7.1

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100
Core 0: 1999 1: 1999 MHz

...the above also recorded at '/tmp/root/report-video-glx

pemasu, double monitors function correctly with both displays showing full screen unlike Ice puppy. It is not much if any problem for me. curious why occurs in one and not the other. Did you find anything in Ice Puppy to account?
pemasu

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun 2011, 17:12    Post_subject:  

Jim3630. No, You had intel graphics so you were using intel driver. It should work ok in both distros.
I believe it has something to do with kernel module drivers.

I noticed that I had forget to remove Picture Viewer .desktop from my woof. You can remove it with /usr/share/applications/Pictureviewer..something.desktop file and then run fixmenus and restart wm.

I will reupload Snow Puppy-020 soon if there isnt any other small problems.
Jim1911

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun 2011, 18:25    Post_subject:  

Just upgraded 019 save file with 020, worked flawlessly. This has become my most used pup. Everything just works.

Thanks,
Jim
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 40 of 46 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum