Foreign Characters in Clementine

Using applications, configuring, problems
sheepy

Foreign Characters in Clementine

#1 Post by sheepy »

I'm using the Clementine from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=68537 and any file that has a foreign character in the name (I do have the fonts for the foreign characters installed) will be greyed out as if unavailable.

Can anyone help me figure out how to add support for these filenames?
Thank you.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Sheepy- try a later build. Your Pup again? << I really wish peeps'ould mention this when they post..

sheepy

#3 Post by sheepy »

Semme wrote:Sheepy- try a later build. Your Pup again? << I really wish peeps'ould mention this when they post..
I'm using slimpup, which is based on lucid 525. I wish I could find a later build for puppy :( 0.7.1 seems to be the only Clementine pet available, and I have tried to bring later versions to puppy many times, but it always comes down to a qt version error. :\
By forcing the locale early enough in my xinitrc, the launcher app. with which I was starting clemetine before, now has the correct locale, and the bug appears "partially" by only cutting the printed file name column, the other core functionnalities seem to work (no loop, tags are parsed correctly, the file is not greyed out).
Any idea how to force the locale in xinitrc like this guy mentions?

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Qt errors from the Lucid deb builds here? Then maybe we'll look into that forcing bit..
After some tests, it seems that if the locale is not for example en_US.UTF-8, the bug does not happen. I noticed this by testing a recent build of clementine in CLI to see if I could fix this at least on my version, and I have LANG, LC_ALL etc. forced to this value in my CLI.

Code: Select all

grep -rH en_US.UTF-8 /root
Yields- anything? What if it's run against the system root directory?

Remember though- I think this poster's running 1.0.0.

pemasu

#5 Post by pemasu »

I have created Clementine-1.0 build. And the needed dependencies pets for it also....In Dpup Exprimo.

sheepy

#6 Post by sheepy »

Semme wrote:Qt errors from the Lucid deb builds here? Then maybe we'll look into that forcing bit..
After some tests, it seems that if the locale is not for example en_US.UTF-8, the bug does not happen. I noticed this by testing a recent build of clementine in CLI to see if I could fix this at least on my version, and I have LANG, LC_ALL etc. forced to this value in my CLI.

Code: Select all

grep -rH en_US.UTF-8 /root
Yields- anything? What if it's run against the system root directory?

Remember though- I think this poster's running 1.0.0.
I added that to xinit, but it didn't fix the problem :(
pemasu wrote:I have created Clementine-1.0 build. And the needed dependencies pets for it also....In Dpup Exprimo.
Awesome! I found your pet in your repo. Works great (except it crashes on me very frequently), but the font issue remains. :\

Semme

#7 Post by Semme »

Sheepy- that grep line wasn't a suggestion.. rather, a search. Do we have a list of cli options?