Wishlist for next release

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
boof

Wishlist for next release

#1 Post by boof »

I wish that I could choose a unique partition/drive to store RAM saves, separate from the data and the program. I'm running from a 4GB flashdrive, without an harddisk, and thus have limited storage. A bigger one is too slow.

I want to set a few partitions, then operate in one with a few permanent pupsaves, and save RAM-saves in another which gets deleted periodically, and journal everything else more permanent into a 3rd partition until it gets printed/saved on a CD.[1GB].

That way I can develop puppy the way I want it on partition1 [1.5GB] and modify it as I please, but then erase the rubbish to keep partition 2 [1.5GB]empty and not significant to extend operating the life of the drive- NB I am assuming RAM saves do not overwrite, and soon fill the limited space. Remastering again is just wasteful of flashdrives/CD's.

Sulphurcocky

I'd like to boot to Ram by defalut from grub

#2 Post by Sulphurcocky »

On choosing where to load your save files from, I thought I saw an advanced start option to do this along with the main sfs.
F3 used "puppy pfix=" at boot time

I prefer to have all my drives unmounted when connecting to the Internet and would really like to be able to get puppy to do an auto Cd boot from grub where it releases all drives and CD/Dvd's and just runs from ram but does not ask for location and keyboard, etc.

If I down loaded anything I could always save it on exit to a 2sf or 3sf.
This would allow me to be completely safe from Internet attack, and should I want to mount and access a partition I could just use pmount.

Puppy offers the choice of found save files when booting, but stops for you to select one. this can be annoying and being able to nominate one on a grub or grub4dos menu.list would be nice.

I am aware of CD options using Grub4dos but it goes through the location and intro etc every time.

While I'm on the subject of wish lists
I would really like to get icons on the desktop for mounted archives .iso's .sfs .2sfs's etc as i always forget which ones from where I have clicked on.
I thought SUGGESTION
That a tray icon pop-up could list all archives mounted and allow a single click unmount all or unmount selected. this would work with minimal icon themes and choices putting a small dialog in the tray
and could include all mounted drives if wanted. that way the unmounted drive icons could be removed and pmount could mount them.

L18L

soundwizard

#3 Post by L18L »

... and I wish support for control of sound volume with retrovol