Insidious Puppy 001

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#256 Post by pemasu »

cowboy. Well, I was quite adamant that there wont be Insidious 003 done by me. The package base changes so often, because sid is test bed. Now they test the next debian generation. Xorg is 7.6 which havent be used in puppies so far.
And I tested it. X wont start with old xorg specs. It would need better X understanding to fix that than I have.

But never say never again......lol

sszindian

Browser Problem

#257 Post by sszindian »

Not sure if anyone can help but... I encountered a slight problem with my Iron Browser in 002.

I used to be able to open file, go to any HTML program left-click on it and it would open right up in my Iron Browser. For some reason, this function has stopped and now when I click, nothing happens... any suggestions? :(

>>>---Indian------>

taca0

#258 Post by taca0 »

I am trying to make puppy with the last packages of Sid Debian but give me error on the Rox icons , thats shows triangle red withe , question mark icons in all place.

How I solve that??

Thanks!

nooby

Re: Browser Problem

#259 Post by nooby »

sszindian wrote:Not sure if anyone can help but... I encountered a slight problem with my Iron Browser in 002.

I used to be able to open file, go to any HTML program left-click on it and it would open right up in my Iron Browser. For some reason, this function has stopped and now when I click, nothing happens... any suggestions? :(

>>>---Indian------>
I apology if I am wrong but that is not related to Insid as I get it that is how all puppy are set up so I think you are more lucky to get an answer if you ask that in teh Beginners part of the forum.

I also want to know. I remember vaguely that one need to change a config script but it can also be done by right clicking a html file and then go to Chose run action and you write iron instead of default browser.

But the right way to do it is edit the script for defaultbrowser config or something and there write iron.

But I could be badly wrong. I let the Insid guys decide but why not test what I suggested. :)
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

sszindian

HTML No-Find

#260 Post by sszindian »

Thanks nooby!

I tried re-writing the code in default browser script and changed it to Iron but, that didn't work... if fact, I was surprized to see 'firefox' there when I went in as I never use firefox in .002. Makes me wonder if there is any worth to that script at all ?

Anyway, we'll keep after it, I'm sure something will pop up eventually! But, I guess it really won't much matter as there are no plans to continue 002. Real shame as it was (to date anyway) the 'FASTEST PUPPY' of the whole lot and really had some super features.

Oh well... that's the times we live in, hard to keep up to what's happening and I'm afraid it's not going to get any better but... for sure more interesting!

>>>---Indian------>

nooby

#261 Post by nooby »

But if you go the manual root you don't need any script.

Right click on a html file that yo uhave saved on the hdd or whereever.

Look at the right panel in the popup. There beolow the middle? it says

Set run level and you click on that one and up comes a new popup and there your write iron but maybe you need to know what the iron browser really is named. could be SRwareIron something I have not tested I use I have an icon on the desktop.

taca0

#262 Post by taca0 »

I resolve the problem of the icons I talk previously, changing the gtk+by the spup one and changing the gdk pisbuf by the quirky also have to change libpng by the spup also. The libjpg also has to be add from spup the 8 version.

Just in case someone has the same problem!

darkcity

#263 Post by darkcity »

added to wiki, update and expand as you like ; -)
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/InsidiousPuppy

Shep

#264 Post by Shep »

darkcity wrote:added to wiki, update and expand as you like ; -)
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/InsidiousPuppy
The wiki entry for Insidious Pup is looking good so far. Nothing there that's too controversial.

darkcity

#265 Post by darkcity »

its a peaceful wiki page.Image

I want to make a template for Derivative page, but I'm not sure what is the key information to include ; -)

Pelo

Traduction en français de la présentation Insidious puppy

#266 Post by Pelo »

Insidious Puppy est une puppy, construite à partir de paquets de Debian Sid qui met l'accent sur la stabilité, facilité d'utilisation à long terme et le retour d’expérience. Ses principales qualités sont une haute compatibilité avec Debian et Lucid Puppy, une bonne sélection des applications (via les dépôts de Debian), une excellente offre multimédia et un bon soutien matériel.

Il ne boote pas directement sur le Bureau (pour une meilleure compatibilité avec du matériel vidéo particulier), a un véritable navigateur et a son propre référentiel de paquets en PPM.

Il est plus développé que Lucid Puppy et suit de près les mises à jour récentes de Woof. Il est composé d'environ 90 % des paquets Debian, alors que Lucid Puppy 5.1 ne comprend qu’environ 65 % de paquets Ubuntu.
Osez me faire part de vos critiques (positives et négatives).

Faites-moi savoir si vous avez des idées de pets à proposer, je peux les rajouter au catalogue.

Merci à pemasu pour le nom et merci au créateur du logo que j’ai juste modifié.

Qu’a-t-il de plus que les autres ?

Les paquets Insidious Puppy offrent un bon compromis entre stabilité et technologies de pointe. Insidious Puppy fournit un juste équilibre entre ancien et nouveau. Il se compose de paquets Debian plutôt récents, stables et d’un noyau légèrement plus vieux.

Insidious Puppy est plutôt une Puppy ‘générique’ qui ne vise pas un public ou un matériel spécifique, qui a toutes les applications nécessaires à votre travail quotidien, dont un navigateur web, un client de messagerie électronique, un traitement de texte, un tableur, un lecteur multimédia.
Insidious Puppy fonctionne pour une meilleure stabilité avec le noyau long-term-support Linux 2.6.32.26, .

Insidious Puppy dispose de la suite Internet Iceape (Seamonkey remastérisé) , qui comprend un navigateur Internet, un client de courrier électronique et un carnet d'adresses.
Aussi, Insidious Puppy est équipé de :
- MPLAYER et de GNOME-MPLAYER, Guvcview, Alsaplayer, Asunder, Sweep et d'autres applications pour offrir une grande suite multimédia.
- Xorg_High (qui est fabuleux) , qui ne gaspille pas d'espace dans le fichier de sauvegarde et permet tout de go les fonctions 3D .
- GNU Paint, mtPaint, fotoxx and gtkam du côté photographie, pour gérer aisément vos appareils numériques, faire des albums et de la retouche d’images. - Simple Scan, Transmission, xchat, gcalctool, gToDo, xpad, Leafpad, xbindkeys, gFTP et beaucoup d’autres.
J’ai mis beaucoup d’applications différentes des applis traditionnelles de Puppy (meilleures ? affaire d’opinion) .

Insidious Puppy a un bon choix d'icônes , un beau fond d'écran (KDE) et une gamme d’élégants thèmes GTK (Xfce). Il inclue un jeu de polices qui rend agréable à l’oeil la navigation web et le travail de bureau, jeu compatible avec d'autres distributions Linux. Il prend même en charge les langues ‘de droite à gauche’ et les langues exotiques (grâce à ses polices Debian). Il supporte les polices locales pour satisfaire l'utilisateur final.

Insidious Puppy a trouvé de chouettes trucs : la touche "impression d'écran" , et suspend-to-RAM et Fn+Zz, Parcellite, ppower, wcpufreq ... la liste est trop longue. Gravez une copie et voyez de vous-mêmes.

Quel est le cycle de validation ?

Tout simplement : "validation au bon moment". C'est ce que font les gars de Debian et de nombreux développeurs de puplet. Cà fonctionne très bien au vu de la qualité de ce qu’ils font.

Je veux faire de Insidious Puppy une sorte de "LTS" Puppy avant de partir à l’armée. Je pense écrire un guide complet de construction d’un Insidious Puppy (y compris du noyau et d'un référentiel PPM officieux), pour ceux qui n'apprécient pas sa grosseur due à Xorg_High, Iceape et aux pilotes modem. Cela pourrait inspirer les développeurs qui veulent marquer la différence entre une version personnalisée et une version Puppy ‘tout inclus’.

Oh, une dernière chose - je prévoie de monter "trinitypup" - une Puppy avec Trinity (une copie de KDE 3.x) avec Woof.

Si vous n'aimez pas Lucid Puppy, Quirky et les autres versions 5x, et que vous êtes du type aventurier, cette version conçue spécialement pour vous pourrait vous intéresser.

A partir du Pentium II, Insidious Puppy est compatible avec pratiquement tous les processeurs 86 x (comme toute autre puppy) . Il devrait supporter quasiment le même matériel que les puppies de génération 5.x et même plus, son noyau ayant une gamme plus large de pilotes. Il prend en charge rfkill, Hyperthreading - économiseur de puissance pour les cartes son -, GPIO, les échelles de fréquence CPU et plus de choses que la plupart des autres puppies. Il a même acpi_call (utile pour les machines à GPUs multiples), quelques pilotes modem, et ndiswrapper.

Tant que vous avez suffisamment de RAM, Insidious Puppy est généralement plus rapide que la plupart des puppies, grâce à son noyau et ses astuces d’optimisation du i686, . Etant plus gros, Insidious Puppy pourrait tourner moins vite sur des machines avec des RAMs de moins de 128 MB, mais si vous faites une installation complète sur une partition de disque dur, il devrait y faire mieux que les autres puppies.

Téléchargement :

Insidious Puppy 001, sortie le 28 novembre, monté avec Woof (celui de Luci 240 et Quirky 1.4, avec le pet ZZZ) -
ISO: inpu-001.iso
devx: inpu_devx_001.sfs
MD5 sums: md5sums.txt

Une fois installé, allez dans le gestionnaire de paquets PPM, cliquez "Configure package manager" et mettez à jour la liste des paquets. Ainsi, vous aurez à disposition Nvidia drivers, Flash, Skype et Pidgin.

darry1966

Re: Insidious Puppy 001

#267 Post by darry1966 »

[quote="Iguleder"]Insidious Puppy 001

What is it?

Insidious Puppy is a Puppy built from Debian Sid packages (in the same way Lucid Puppy is built from Ubuntu packages) that lays more emphasis on stability, long-term usability and out-of-the-box experience. Its key features are high Debian and Lucid Puppy compatibility, a good selection of applications (through Debian's repositories), an excellent multimedia stack and good hardware support.

It is the successor to Puppy Squeeze and and provides an alternative to Quirky, dpup and Lucid Puppy.

Under-the-hood, it’s Puppy in all its glory. It is more conservative and traditional than Lucid Puppy, yet not “retro

nooby

#268 Post by nooby »

He went on to other projects.

darry1966

#269 Post by darry1966 »

nooby wrote:He went on to other projects.
Useful info for those who still wish to download this

rg66

#270 Post by rg66 »

X-slacko-5b1 - X-tahr-2.0 - X-precise-2.4
[url=http://smokey01.com/rg66/]X-series repo[/url]