Eclipse IDE

Miscellaneous tools
Moose On The Loose

Re: My first bug.

#16 Post by Moose On The Loose »

mister_electronico wrote:I just installing eclipse, and just when I start to write the first line of code for example.

System. just in this moment the program close an give me the bug.

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x82525bc5, pid=1914, tid=3076462272
#
# JRE version: 7.0_13-b20
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [UTF-16.so+0xbc5] gconv+0x3b5
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again.

If I have a copy and paste of code, I haven't any problem, is just when I write the code.

Any Idea... thanks.

Did you use "swing" or any multiple thread stuff?

Unfortunately Java for anything more than the simplest stuff is a "write once run nowhere" language. "swing" and attempts to use multiple threads, require that the JRE you are running fully implements threads and that both it and your own code is thread safe. In many cases, swing is not compatible with different JREs and depending on the OS, the JRE its self may not really do multiple tread stuff right. Before doing anything else, I'd check the JRE version for troubles being reported.

jpeps

Re: My first bug.

#17 Post by jpeps »

Moose On The Loose wrote:
Did you use "swing" or any multiple thread stuff?

Unfortunately Java for anything more than the simplest stuff is a "write once run nowhere" language.
If you are serious about writing java, it would be wise to chose an OS that is robust enough to handle it. I've never had a problem with eclipse on XP or a version specifically adapted to my Nexus. The compiled programs have all worked on everything.

dbd400@gmail.com

Eclipse IDE

#18 Post by dbd400@gmail.com »

Is there any plan or intent to package up eclipse Juno 64-bit for slacko 5.5? Or 64-bit in general? That is what I wish to use currently. Earlier I had been using the Galileo version under Windows, but I am now trying to transition to Linux (and Puppy)

At some future time after I know more about Puppy and Slacko, I might be able to volunteer to help with such repackaging. Is the main impact in graphics? I ask this because of the repeated repackaging for various versions of GTK, as evidenced by the comments. What other areas need detailed attention to operate under slacko5.5? IO?

Thank You.

TheAsterisk!

#19 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Updated!

Version 4.3.0 is up, with both x86 and amd64 versions. (The C++ for Linux devs package remains at version 3.7.2.)

Antipodal

Eclipse IDE

#20 Post by Antipodal »

I' m considering the possibility of studying this thread and of downloading Eclipse to see how it works in my system.

If somebody thinks this thread is outdated, please let me know.

Thank you for reading this and for having posted here previously.
Last edited by Antipodal on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
Posting from a P4 3Ghz_ASUS P5G41T-M LX3_2G RAM_DVD Write desktop with no internal HDD
Saving my stuff on flash sticks and in external USB HDD

phat7

Re: Eclipse IDE

#21 Post by phat7 »

Antipodal wrote:I' m considering the possibility of studying this thread
Be careful :lol:

Torvus

#22 Post by Torvus »

Does anyone have a working DL link? The OP's just goes to some sort of video advertisement that my setup fortunately blocked.

Torvus

#23 Post by Torvus »

Anyone?

gcmartin

BarryK provides an eClipse IDE integrated into Puppy Linux

#24 Post by gcmartin »

Couple of thoughts that do not answer the several recent posts on this facility. Nonetheless, it may be useful knowledge to allow some objective achievement.

@BarryK build a PUP that has all of this sorted out for desktop use and advanced with some additions to target some specific OSes.

It can be found here. This distro DOES NOT instruct how to install the IDE to your PUP, but, it is a fastpath for anyone who wants a PUP with the IDE built-in.

@BarryK left this kinda unpolished, as I think he expects to revisit, but, as of yet, he has not. But, it still works. (He has mentioned that he expect to purchase a touch-screen laptop/convertible/...)

It is missing the primary element that I feel is the next items needed to be addressed; namely 64bit touch-screen thinking and KVM so that the emulator speed increases to native and that the emulator can be used as if it were a smartPhone/smartTablet/smart-PUPPY/smart-Anything without the need to physically hook any device as the development proceeds. These 2 items would allow the PUP distro to address/build for ANY platform a user/builder/developer/testor would intend.

If this ever get's advanced, I am sure it would not be too long before mainstream PUP developers create an additional, 2nd, DEVX with @BarryK's additions or add the additions to the current DEVX where it expands the toolset available to any developer to create additions for PUPs and PUP users.

Hope this is helpful in some way