For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
runtt21

#16 Post by runtt21 »

I didn't say shadow ,I said reflection :

And in PCLinuxos :

http://www.divshare.com/direct/13160167-4ec.png

runtt21

#17 Post by runtt21 »

I have uploaded some extra themes on my macpup page. All of the themes are in the MP511-themes.pet. All of the other .pets and .edj files are for older macpup's and wont run in this build of e cause of the edje file format change.

http://macpup.org/runtt21/

This theme LaNocheMP.edj is in the #5 .pet

joel

#18 Post by joel »

Hmm well maybe it is just my download. Sorry I was responding from memory I ment reflection. Did you notice the white boxes under the reflection in the screenshots I posted? I'll have to check it out again then. Please don't confuse my constructive criticism for complaining. I appreciate all the work you guys do to bring e17 to puppy. Just trying to help perfect it. In my opinion this is the best combo. Light and beautiful.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

runtt21

#19 Post by runtt21 »

Thats cool Joel. This is a very different pup from the others.It's base is a woof build ,It runs great for most but not all.And this build of e is alot different from my others. There have been tons of changes between the .061 snapshot and this "beta" snapshot. This pup may not work great on your boxes . For me it has been rock solid but it may not be for you. You may need to stick with opera 2.0 until the next macpup comes out. I plain on the next one in Jan. After the final snapshot of e gets out.

Joel look at my screenshot and the one from pclinuxos see the "whiteboxes" ? When you have itask on the bottom they look more like reflections. It doesn't look good on top or the sides. Thats why I prefer the ibar.

joel

#20 Post by joel »

So i guess the itask issue is solved then, it's just the way it is. Still strange though. Thanks and I'll report back on the second download and install I'll do.

Btw what do you mean the final snapshot of e? Are they finally going to be finished with it after ten years?

Just one other thing. Is the Edgar gadget loader still in use? I didnt see it but things get moved around all the time when they redo e.

runtt21

#21 Post by runtt21 »

Yes the next snapshot is finally suppose to the official 17.0.0.1 version. :lol: I dont know about Edgar. btw Are you using xorg or the vesa driver?

rokytnji

Just installed

#22 Post by rokytnji »

:) I haven't posted for a while. Been real busy remodeling my home. Just installed Macpup 5.1.1 on my Motorcycle shop IBM M41 Desktop that runs a

Code: Select all

Manufacturer=Manufacturer_Realtek
Product=RTL8187B_WLAN_Adapter
SerialNumber=00e04c000001
VendorID=0bda  ProductID=8189  KERNEL-MODULE=rtl8187
This is a sorta Frankenstein rig with a 21" Dell CRT moniter. Got sound, Screen Resolution, Wireless, all working. I blew away Windows Xp on /dev/sda1 because it could not handle the moniter change. So I figured. It will work with Macpup. My /boot/grub/menu.lst is as follows so far (abridged version, still have more entries to do).

Code: Select all

# Linux bootable partition config begins
  title Macpup 5.1.1 (on /dev/sda1)
  root (hd0,0)
  kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1 ro vga=normal
# Linux bootable partition config ends
# Other bootable partition config begins

title		Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.34-stevo
root		(hd1,4)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.34-stevo root=UUID=fc2d5f0c-f1f8-4976-a315-121c4ad2b977 ro nosplash quiet 
initrd		/boot/initrd.img-2.6.34-stevo

title Bruno Puppy Linux 431 frugal sdb1
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
kernel /pup431/vmlinuz pmedia=atahd psubdir=pup431 nosmp
initrd /pup431/initrd.gz

title NOP Puppy Linux 431 frugal sdb2
rootnoverify (hd1,1)
kernel /puppy431/vmlinuz pmedia=atahd psubdir=puppy431 acpi=force
initrd /puppy431/initrd.gz
This install was just done. So still have to install some stuff. Using Chromium as default browser. Installed gimp. This is a frugal install on 10 Gig Ext3 partition on a 40 gig IDE Drive. I have 2 IDE drives. the slave drive holds AntiX and Bruno and Nop.

Spent most of the afternoon trying to get XP to recognize the monitor. Was a waste of time so I said screw it and wiped it, Looks good so far runt21. Using Macpup 5.1.1 grub to boot everything on both drives. Will update later on how things are going.

Happy Trails, Rok

joel

#23 Post by joel »

Xorg full with dri. Always. Ive never had composite problems to speak of and to be honest i dont think this is a video issue rather it seemed to be an e issue the way it happened. but aside from that when the composite was working it looked nice. and with little drag on video at all.

UPDATE: after installing a freshly downloaded iso on a completely different box (the other two were laptops - all were varying ages) I still have the same issue. Runtt could you try to replicate it with a live cd? What always makes e crash is enabling the composite module then restaring e. the screen shot is what I get when it reloads after fressing f1 a few times. Forum member ARu (another puppy+e lover and my lady) tells me she also has e crash randomly when when doing things like configuring the ibar. im stumped.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

cthisbear

#24 Post by cthisbear »

Announced on Distrowatch.

" Johnny Lee has announced the release of Macpup 511"

http://distrowatch.com/

Chris.

P123

#25 Post by P123 »

At last eye candy for lupup.

Just one question - why is mute set by default on so many of the mixer options?

I wanted to install this alot more than anyother puplet but the stormy weather kept cutting the power for about a minute at a time.

rokytnji

I know it's ugly

#26 Post by rokytnji »

Still Tweaking Desktop. Gotta figure out transparency yet for Conky on E17 (not a lot of experience running conky on E17)

Pooched Ibar with "begin resizing moving gadgets". Was going to drag to the top left shelf. Doh. See what guess work gets you I guess. :oops:

Edit: Got it working OK in Icewm and JWM. But E17 and conky are kinda incompatible with out doing a end run using feh to set background which is probably incompatible with E17. My Icewm screeny below.
Last edited by rokytnji on Wed 17 Nov 2010, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

Eyes-Only

#27 Post by Eyes-Only »

Just dropping by to add my 2 cents worth. ;) This is one awesome job runt & prit!! "Stunning" :shock: to say the very least! Out of all the Macpups I've run this definitely has to be "The Ultimate" - the "Definative of Macpups" ever built to date.

Not enough accolades mates to describe the sheer beauty of the system, not to mention how it has the very best that Linux has to offer: The fabulous repos of Ubuntu and all that software, the small size and portability of Puppy and how it will work on nearly ANY system, and the awe-inspiring beauty of e. What more could a person ask for or desire?

Christmas has arrived early this year! Amen!

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

runtt21

#28 Post by runtt21 »

joel : I cant run composting at all . If it doesn't work just don't use it. I built and included the extra modules that compiled for me .Because I got ask for them a lot. I tested them except for composite . It and cpu got added during an early test stage And I didn't take them out . I dont run most of the extra modules very much or for long periods of time but remember there is a reason they are called extra-modules and aren't part of EFL or e17 . Some of them are not that great.None of them are really needed. Macpup runs and looks great with out them. There is nothing I can do about it but post a note in the thread saying please dont run composite.

runtt21

#29 Post by runtt21 »

P123 the mixer settings are the same as lupu's I haven't changes any of that.

rokytnji , yes conky and e17 do not play well together at all .I have seen several post about this on the e17 mailing list .It has to do with conkys "draw own window". It effects all e17 distro's not just us. And no I can't fix this either. I think you have to enable moving /resizing before you do it. I always make changes like that in the setting menu or shelf setupmenu.

Eyes-Only ,Sir thank you very much !!!!

Day two we are back up to #16 at distrowatch .

Tones of stuff on twitter and google. This was really cool:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&p=341955
Last edited by runtt21 on Thu 18 Nov 2010, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

runtt21

#30 Post by runtt21 »

Here is a set of animated icons that have been updated for use with this build of e17 ( they will work in other distros also) Original most of them came for the old Get-E.org website. It also has new icons for Arora and Iron. The .pet will install the icons in /root/icons/e-icons. I haven't made a icon for chrome yet.

runtt21

#31 Post by runtt21 »

I have uploaded the MP511-themes-6.pet it has the theme from my itaskng shot. It's on my macpup page now.

joel

#32 Post by joel »

Runtt: well as i said its not just composite thats causing e to crash thats just the one i know will set it off without fail. other things like adjusting the ibar icons crash it also. I guess ill just stick with opera2, thanks though.

adnuri

wonderful

#33 Post by adnuri »

Wonderful,

Thanks for runtt21 and team for the great puplet. I love macpup very much and have been waiting so long in 511 uniform.
I will continue my project puppylib based on macpup.
Thanks guys!!

ade
http://puppylib.open-lib.net
http://open-lib.net/degex

russoodle

#34 Post by russoodle »

Congrats, runtt and Prit....MP511 is fast, sleek and oh-so-visually-appealing.

I've installed it onto one of those ridiculously tiny 4GB keyring flash drives, (must be all of about 1" or 2.5cm long..), and so far - so good :D

I see it's #8 at DW.....great job and thank you for all the effort you've put into this!

Rock on 8)

PS: Downloadable also from my server:
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/ ... up_511.iso
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/ ... 11.md5.txt

user: puppy
pawsword: linux
Last edited by russoodle on Sun 21 Nov 2010, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

cgt_1991

my opinion about 511 macpup

#35 Post by cgt_1991 »

Good day to all users:

download the new version of macpup, at first I was impressed, very nice default theme and additional modules had never seen, the module that charm me most was one called "composite" but to turn off my macpup appeared to me an error saying to disable the module "gadgets", the restart could not reactivate the module "gadgets" and had to reinstall my usb macpup of 2 gb.
also to run the ITask-ng the same error appeared to me he appeared to the user "joel" reflections of the icons giving me an error identical to him.
to have these 2 mistakes I thought I had downloaded the macpup incorrectly, but probe the md5sum and coincided with the page runtt21

the new module "everything" and the module "forecasts" are great and it works perfectly, I love.

in conclusion this macpup is very stable, (Best macpup in my opinion) e17 beta has many developments and lucid puppy also 5.1.1, the only two negative points for me are the modules "composite" and ITask-ng, no is whether these problems are due to incompatibility with my hardware.

I congratulate runtt21 to PRIT and all macpup collaborators, a lot of work that will revolutionize how to use linux puplets.

thanks and excuse my language English with google translator.