Macpup 511

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
cgt_1991

hi

#106 Post by cgt_1991 »

txemijendrix hello, and check my video settings and is equal to yours, yet rxvt background is not transparent (though it may be incompatible with my hardware), thank you very much for your response. ;)

also wanted to thank for that update runtt21 ITask-ng, now looks great, but when I add "gadcom" and disable it, I get a e17 error, maybe someone should do the same.

also wanted to know if you know the beta 2 release of e17, new applications are very fantastic. (eve browser)

http://blogdrake.net/blog/drakon/enligh ... -increible
(spanish)

thanks and excuse my English with google translator

runtt21

#107 Post by runtt21 »

@cgt_1991 I only used gadcom once and wasn't really happy with it.It's one of those components that isn't quite there yet. Yes I know about the beta 2 ,I also know they have had some problems with it. Yes EVE looks cool but I have some friends over at the pclinuxos forum that had had a lot of problems getting the ewebkit to compile with EFL.So for now I am leaving that alone.

Also if you have a problem with the snapshot window still being in the shot.Open it on a different desktop set 10 sec and change back to the desktop you want the shot of.

then says "wouldn't boot". What does _that_ mean?
I don't really know. I just like the :
So the one I stuck with , that worked best ( ie quickest) was ...........
MACPUP . :lol:

runtt21

how to desktops and bindings

#108 Post by runtt21 »

Tonight's How to is for desktops and bindings....

Open the settings panel and go to screens. Virtual desktops controlls both the number and arrangement of your desktops. Under advanced settings ou also have control over how the desktop switch and how that change looks.

In the settings panel under input you have control over different kinds of bindings.You can set key and mouse bindings as well as edge bindings.By default macpup has the edge bindings turned off cause they are usually set to change desktops and the change usually happens when you don't expect it to like hanging a window off the edge of the screen.

maxpro4u

#109 Post by maxpro4u »

I just tried to do a full install on 1st partition using the frugal install of macpup that is on the 2nd partition but it failed. The universal installer only created 2 files lib and another one (sorry I deleted them already) Puppy 5.1.1 did the install correctly(from a frugal on 2nd). Wonder why???? I formatted and tried several times with same results. :roll: I made a backup of the boot folder,that is why I am able to post this using my macpup frugal install.
Dell D610 1.7M w/1024mb
Testing Slacko and a few others
I'm Max Wachtel and I approve this message.
Registered Linux User #393236

ragaman

#110 Post by ragaman »

Loving the Macpup 511 experience so far. The only problems I encountered were:

1. Places module not working
2. Enlightenment Segv'd Fault error when I activated the composite module then set the "Style" of any shelf into "Invisible". Tried this on my other PC on LiveCd mode, same thing happened. No big deal really.

Otherwise, it's rock solid and easy to fall in love with. Lol.

runtt21

#111 Post by runtt21 »

Already covered the composite thing.

@max under the hood this pup is the same as lupu511.

I should has this theme uploaded tomorrow.MPClub . Agust did it for the pclinux e17 club and he let me have it for macpup too. :D

runtt21

How to extra desktop modlues

#112 Post by runtt21 »

How to extra desktop modules. These are the most useless and most fun extra modules. They are also my favorites !!!! :D Menu-settings-modules under the appearance section you will find composite DONT LOAD THIS. But you will also find Flame,rain.snow & penguins . To turn them on just load the module. To turn them off just unload the module.

To configure them open the settings panel and look at the bottom under the look tab.

txemijendrix

working on a wallpaper

#113 Post by txemijendrix »

Hi all.
I'm working on a wallpaper for Macpup with a new idea for the logo using 3D.
Here is a capture.
Don't know if to make the ears or not...
Bye
Attachments
macpup_logo_01_tji.jpg
(100.55 KiB) Downloaded 2868 times
[b]Txemi Jendrix[/b]

[url=http://www.txemijendrix.com]txemijendrix.com[/url]: Graphic and Web Design.

runtt21

#114 Post by runtt21 »

Dude ,That's a big eye.

The MPClub theme is now up on my macpup page. MP511-MPClub-1.pet

Enjoy !!

runtt21

#115 Post by runtt21 »

This is really good txemijendrix !!!! :D

http://e17-stuff.org/content/show.php/G ... ent=135791

txemijendrix

#116 Post by txemijendrix »

Hi
Dude ,That's a big eye.
I'm keeping the original proportions of the puppy logo. It's just the way it is. Anyway it's just an idea I'm developing. Maybe I'll try it with human eyes to see how it looks.
This is really good txemijendrix !!!!
http://e17-stuff.org/content/show.php/G ... ent=135791
I'm glad you like it. I usually make wallpapers for the distros or desktop systems I use. It's my way of payback.

Bye
[b]Txemi Jendrix[/b]

[url=http://www.txemijendrix.com]txemijendrix.com[/url]: Graphic and Web Design.

runtt21

#117 Post by runtt21 »

I am doing some work on the efenniht theme from the svn. Also using some of the extra backgrounds it has.

runtt21

#118 Post by runtt21 »

The MP511-MPefenniht-1.pet is now up on my macpup page. The .pet has the theme and the three extra backgrounds that are included in the svn.

maxpro4u

#119 Post by maxpro4u »

runtt21 wrote:The MP511-MPefenniht-1.pet is now up on my macpup page. The .pet has the theme and the three extra backgrounds that are included in the svn.
you should add a link to your posts for the pets.

http://macpup.org/runtt21/
Dell D610 1.7M w/1024mb
Testing Slacko and a few others
I'm Max Wachtel and I approve this message.
Registered Linux User #393236

runtt21

#120 Post by runtt21 »

I did post it earlier in the thread. :lol:

I will start doing a how to over the everything module soon.It will take me a little bit to get ready ,lots of stuff to go over.

If anyone wants themes from the older macpup threads updated let me know .I will get to them as soon as I have time. THX.

puppyluvr

#121 Post by puppyluvr »

:D
Dude, I believe he means add them to your signature, and I agree,,,
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

runtt21

#122 Post by runtt21 »

OK , I made a new sig with links..... :lol:
Last edited by runtt21 on Thu 09 Dec 2010, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
[url]http://macpup.org/runtt21[/url]

runtt21

#123 Post by runtt21 »

Today a few words about "everything"..... To open "everything" it's menu-run everything. To configure "everything" open the settings panel and go to the extensions tab.You can also configure the components of "everything" here.Most of the actions are double click.

After opening "everything" type ? and you get some instructions for using "everything"

If you just type a few letters of an apps name you can launch that app by double clicking on the apps icon or on launch.

If you just type / "everything" turns into a file manager.

using ctrl left or right will let you move through the plugins. settings will give you all of the e17 settings.

Places is like a file manager .Home is the root folder and wallapapers is in /root/.e/e/backgrounds.

Here is all the plugins. The web plugins work best with firefox."everything" will call other browsers if you set it to but they wont load the page.

If you select applications in the plugins just type a letter and it will list all the apps that start with that letter.You can launch them from here.

This is just an intro to all the stuff "everything can do.

runtt21

#124 Post by runtt21 »

This is something I possibly should have covered already. The shutdown/reboot options in the e17 menu do work. But the other options don't. I still recommend using the exit icon on the ibar.It works better with puppy.

P123

#125 Post by P123 »

I have installed the red themes, but when I scroll down the list they are is some text where there is normally a small picture/icon showing the wallpaper used in the theme (by default) there is a blank space, so I click it anyway & clicked apply - nothing changed.

They looked great in sneekylinux's video but do not work for me.