Chat suggestion

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
`f00

#16 Post by `f00 »

..but the newsgroup format can serve well and especially so for testing. In the simpler forms it's remarkably efficient and tends to be 'self-policing'. Less immediate than chat but still quick, members realize up front that it is public and by nature logged. Threads can and do branch but it's still 'tidy' - compact and should be easy to do on mobile devices. Security is easy as well (I'd recommend something a lot like CECIL as used by the GRC ngs if a puppy.* ng service is implemented). About the only drawback is many members may not be familiar with an 'old-fashioned' newsgroup format.

just an idea - and oya, it'd make a great in-house backup for when/if the forum goes dowumm, best not tempt fate ;)

Aitch

#17 Post by Aitch »

bump
John M wrote:I am going to do some work on the Forum software in November/December (updates, audit stuff, etc), and one of the things I was thinking of doing was integrating a chat page.
Any progress, John........I DO realise you've had your hands full.....just asking, as it would be useful, especially for admins/moderators trying to sort out PLUG, :wink:

Aitch :)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#18 Post by Flash »

8-bit wrote:...Could it be that the forum is logging me out if it seems I am inactive for a certain period of time?
Two hours.

mahaju

#19 Post by mahaju »

When will this get implemented?

julianloui

Foreign-Language Display Capability for Browser Linux

#20 Post by julianloui »

2013-10-31

I have been using Linux for a couple of years and my wife has been using Browser Linux since May 2013. It suits her just fine without the quirks and unreliability of a Windows O.S.

I would love to see Browser Linux enhanced with a foreign-language display capability as many websites are bi-lingual. I am sure that such a feature will undoubtedly be welcomed by many B.L. users. Thus far I've given away many B.L. CDs to others.

Can anyone tell me how to add such a capability to Browser Linux? Thanks.

Julianloui
julianloui@verizon.net