Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 18 Apr 2014, 12:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Security/Privacy
[PortableApp] KeePassX 4.3 Portable
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
abushcrafter

PostPosted: Mon 01 Nov 2010, 16:09    Post subject:  [PortableApp] KeePassX 4.3 Portable  

Name=KeePassX
Type Of App=Password Manager
Version=4.3
Website=http://www.keepassx.org/
Licence=GPL v2
Program Language=?

Command Line?=0
GUI?=1
GUI Language/Library=QT4

Is Package Made From A Especially Compiled Binary?=0
URL Of Binary Which This Package Is Made From=http://ppa.launchpad.net/keepassx/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/k/keepassx/keepassx_0.4.3-0~jaunty1_i386.deb

Is There A NLS Package=0
Is There A DOC Package=0
Is There A DEV/Source Package=0

Description: "
Quote:
KeePassX saves many different information e.g. user names, passwords, urls, attachments and comments in one single database. For a better management user-defined titles and icons can be specified for each single entry. Furthermore the entries are sorted in groups, which are customizable as well. The integrated search function allows to search in a single group or the complete database.
KeePassX offers a little utility for secure password generation. The password generator is very customizable, fast and easy to use. Especially someone who generates passwords frequently will appreciate this feature.

The complete database is always encrypted either with AES (alias Rijndael) or Twofish encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. Therefore the saved information can be considered as quite safe. KeePassX uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. This makes the use of that application even more favourable.

"

Notes: "
Made using the Ubuntu Jaunty DEB because it does not need a newer glibc unlike the DEBs of newer versions of Ubuntu. It is still the current version of KeePassX.

The portable luncher script is from here: KeePassX • View topic - [HOWTO] Create KeePassX Portable under Linux.

I have preconfigured it for Puppy Linux. This consists of things like default Web Browser and Media Root(/mnt/).

I also Fixed the portable luncher. So it now gives any CL parameters to KeePassX.

It also includes its own QT4 libs which are from the "qt4-4.3.2.pet" off the forums.
"

Download:
Mirorr1:
Username=puppy
Password=linux
KeePassX-4.3Portable.tar.xz
Code:

# MD5
38d0cda10863d56e26283eec2370e298
# SHA1
8f607bbbce98722fd8d8f7c711acbd271a62a326

If you are using a older version of Puppy Linux which is missing XZ support in Xarchiver, you will need to install my Improved Xarchiver Wrappers.

abexman

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun 2011, 18:22    Post subject:  

WIll this work in Wary Puppy? Got it installed but seems to shut down after I open my kdb file?
muggins

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun 2011, 21:45    Post subject:  

I doubt it would work, (although haven't tried!), as it would be 'buntu based. Instead you could try the version in this thread.
frefel

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep 2011, 01:29    Post subject:  

I am having the same problem as abexman - when I try to open a kdb file KPx immediately closes.

I´m surprised there are not more comments re: this Puppy version of a great app.

Puppy 5.2 frugal install
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Security/Privacy
Jump to: