Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 17 Jun 2019, 23:35
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Puppy Linux Windows Installer - LICK v1.3.3 released
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 37 of 37 [544 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 35, 36, 37
noryb009

PostPosted: Sat 25 May 2019, 15:55    Post subject:  

There's a few things in your post which are odd to me, let's figure out those first so I can help you set the default.

1) You mention you have Windows XP, but your lickgrub.cfg file seems to be set up for a newer Windows bootloader. Are you sure LICK generated this file?

2) Is that your entire lickgrub.cfg file?

3) When you boot, which menu(s) do you see, and in which order? You might see a grub4dos one, a grub2 one, an XP style boot menu, or a newer Windows boot loader.
d4rkn1ght

PostPosted: Sun 26 May 2019, 00:15    Post subject:  

noryb009 wrote:
There's a few things in your post which are odd to me, let's figure out those first so I can help you set the default.

1) You mention you have Windows XP, but your lickgrub.cfg file seems to be set up for a newer Windows bootloader. Are you sure LICK generated this file?

I used LICK-1.3.3-win32.

noryb009 wrote:
2) Is that your entire lickgrub.cfg file?

Yes, It was in C:/Program Files/lick/res/lickgrub.cfg

noryb009 wrote:
3) When you boot, which menu(s) do you see, and in which order? You might see a grub4dos one, a grub2 one, an XP style boot menu, or a newer Windows boot loader.

I have the XP style menu.
noryb009

PostPosted: Sun 26 May 2019, 21:16    Post subject:  

First, in the future, please be careful following instructions in posts, and if you deviate from the instructions, please note how in your post. In this case, I specifically asked about "C:/lickgrub.cfg" because it has a very different purpose than "C:/Program Files/lick/res/lickgrub.cfg".

For your case, note that doing this may cause some issues if you ever decide to uninstall LICK's bootloader. If you decide to uninstall the bootloader, please refollow these steps and reset the default entry to Windows. (There shouldn't be any issue if you forget, but it's better to be safe)

Open up Windows. In the start menu, go to "run". Type in "msconfig". Go to the "boot.ini" tab. Select the LICK entry, then click on "set as default".
d4rkn1ght

PostPosted: Mon 27 May 2019, 13:05    Post subject:  

noryb009 wrote:
First, in the future, please be careful following instructions in posts, and if you deviate from the instructions, please note how in your post. In this case, I specifically asked about "C:/lickgrub.cfg" because it has a very different purpose than "C:/Program Files/lick/res/lickgrub.cfg".

Sorry about that. Embarassed I've just been working long hours lately and I'm a bit sleep deprived.

noryb009 wrote:
For your case, note that doing this may cause some issues if you ever decide to uninstall LICK's bootloader. If you decide to uninstall the bootloader, please refollow these steps and reset the default entry to Windows. (There shouldn't be any issue if you forget, but it's better to be safe)

Noted! I'll be saving this post just in case.

noryb009 wrote:
Open up Windows. In the start menu, go to "run". Type in "msconfig". Go to the "boot.ini" tab. Select the LICK entry, then click on "set as default".

Thank you! That's what I wanted! Very Happy
Page 37 of 37 [544 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 35, 36, 37
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: