PupSnap-2.6

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Jim1911

Re: Conflict with Lighthouse 64 5.14.2 Beta 4

#46 Post by Jim1911 »

radky wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:As you can see with the attached image, when save is clicked the picture is taken, however, PupSnap doesn't remove itself while snapping the image.
Hi Jim,

Re: Conflict with Lighthouse 64 5.14.2 Beta 4

1 - Concerning PupSnap (64-bit version), do you have this problem with the prior release of Lighthouse64 (513), or with the current Fatdog64? No, with Fatdog64, Did not test 513 on Laptop

2 - In Lighthouse-64 5.14.2 Beta 4, do you see this issue with your older Dell desktop PC and new Dell notebook? Laptop only, no problem with desktop so the problem is probably related to the intel graphics on the laptop.

3 - Does it happen each time you attempt a screen capture? Yes, but not with Fatdog64

4 - Does PupSnap exit immediately after the capture? Yes Does it help to apply a 2 second capture delay (compared to the usual delay of 0)? Delay solves problem.

5 - On my system, PupSnap is working great on Lighthouse 64 5.14.2 and Fatdog64. To rule out the possibility of file corruption, you could download a fresh copy of PupSnap (64-bit version), then reinstall.
Attachments
image-5.jpg
Image with 2 sec delay
(39 KiB) Downloaded 1751 times

radky

#47 Post by radky »

Version 1.6.3
-Added 0.1 second delay (full-screen acquisitions) to assure complete dismissal of the PupSnap GUI prior to capture. (thanks Jim1911)

Jasper

SOLVED - using v 1.8 of May 2012

#48 Post by Jasper »

Hi radky,

Thank you very much for 1.6.3 which works well with my Slacko 5.3.1 Main.

However, before I use it all of my Windows programs work using Wine, but after I use it some of my Windows programs no longer work until after a reboot.

If you would like to see if you can replicate this behaviour then one of the non-working programs is MalAware.exe which is only some 1.2 MB from http://download2.emsisoft.com/malaware/MalAware.exe and although it literally only takes a minute to run it is sufficient to see if it loads before and after taking a screenshot.

I did try to investigate, getting first a message re "permissions" and when fixed, another message re "binaries" which I don't know how to fix.

For me, this is not at all urgent; though I shall appreciate any advice or assistance you may be able to give as and when you have time.

My regards

Addendum:

The problem is now, almost certainly, resolved, but I have made an sfs of the v 1.8 pet so that I can easily unload the sfs should any Windows/Wine application still fail to run perfectly.
Last edited by Jasper on Sat 26 May 2012, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

radky

#49 Post by radky »

Jasper wrote:after I use it some of my Windows programs no longer work until after a reboot.
Hi Jasper,

I tested the suggested virus-scanning program (MalAware.exe) in Lighthouse-64 which has Wine installed. The program seemed to scan OK, both before and after screen captures with PupSnap, so I can't duplicate the scenario you describe. Since PupSnap is only a graphical interface for the scrot command-line capture utility, you might want to run a simple test with scrot from the command line, to see if the problem persists.

To test, open a terminal and run

Code: Select all

scrot screenshot.png
which captures the full screen to screenshot.png in the root directory.

Maybe others with Wine installations will share their experience with scrot-mediated screen captures.

Thanks for your question.

Jasper

SOLVED - see second post above

#50 Post by Jasper »

Hi again radky,

Thank you for taking time to reply. Your code "scrot screenshot.png" does put a full screenshot in root, but my difficulty in being unable to reuse some Windows programs persists.

I can do everything I need using other methods of taking screenshots; though sometimes with extra keystrokes/mouse-movements - so not always as conveniently as with your excellent program.

My regards
Last edited by Jasper on Sat 26 May 2012, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

radky

#51 Post by radky »

Version 1.8. See main post.
-Revised user interface with improved access to options.
-Added 'sticky' persistence to the date and border checkboxes (checked/unchecked status persists until changed by the user).
-The option for reduced-size images (thumbnails) no longer requires a checkbox to enable/disable.
-Added standard-pixel options for the automatic reduction (or enlargement) of captured images.
-PNG images are now saved automatically with high 'lossless' quality and maximum file compression.
-The configurable 'Quality' option of PupSnap now applies to JPG images only.
-Added support for the ristretto image viewer.
-Added support for the pcmanfm and pcmanfm2 file managers.
-Restored support for the Libreoffice Draw and OpenOffice Draw image editors.

greengeek

#52 Post by greengeek »

Looks like an interesting utility to try. I decided to try the ctrl*shift*s hotkey (without having installed PupSnap yet) to see if it might conflict with anything. It seems as if that key combo causes Seamonkey 2.2 to navigate away from the currently displayed webpage and show the homepage instead.

I don't care if I lose that option by installing PupSnap, but thought I'd ask if that was normal, and does it indicate something I should change before installing PupSnap?

(Using Lup528)

radky

#53 Post by radky »

greengeek wrote:Looks like an interesting utility to try. I decided to try the ctrl*shift*s hotkey (without having installed PupSnap yet) to see if it might conflict with anything. It seems as if that key combo causes Seamonkey 2.2 to navigate away from the currently displayed webpage and show the homepage instead.

I don't care if I lose that option by installing PupSnap, but thought I'd ask if that was normal, and does it indicate something I should change before installing PupSnap?

(Using Lup528)
Hi greengeek,

I have not used Seamonkey 2.2 for quite some time, but the current Seamonkey 2.9 series works fine with PupSnap and there are no conflicting calls to the Ctrl+Shift+s hotkey on my system.

I do recall that some of the older versions of the Adblock and NoScript extensions may have used the Ctrl-Shift+s shortcut. Is it possible you have one of those older extensions installed in Seamonkey 2.2?

When PupSnap is first installed, the hotkey is not enabled until you go to Help and select the 'Key' option. If you have another application that uses the Ctrl+Shift+s hotkey, then you can simply ignore the hotkey option in PupSnap. The program is still available in the standard Puppy Menu (Graphics subcategory).

Thanks for your interest in PupSnap.

Jim1911

PupSnap in Fatdog64-600a2

#54 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi radky,

PupSnap-1-8 doesn't work in Fatdog64-600a2, although you might hold off checking it until a3 comes out since there are already a lot of bug fixes on a2. It opens and sets up fine, however, nothing shows up when Save is pressed. The program closes. Of course it could be something as simple as an unrecognized default paint program. Default is Gimp 2.6, although Save still does nothing when gimp is selected in setup.

Hotkey calls the program fine.

The 32-bit version works great.

Cheers,
Jim

radky

#55 Post by radky »

Hi Jim

It may be possible that your download of the the 64-bit version of PupSnap is corrupt. So, a fresh download and new installation may be helpful.

Today I tested the 64-bit version of PupSnap in Fatdog64-600 alpha2 and I can't duplicate the problem you describe. Everything is working properly on my system, including full-screen, window and ROI captures in jpg, png, bmp and tiff formats. Also, there were no problems when capturing to defaultpaint, defaultimageviewer, gimp, mtpaint or fotoxx.

There is one thing to remember about full-screen captures in the png format. More time is required to apply maximum file compression to large png files, so you may notice a slight delay before a full-screen image auto-loads into the viewer or editor.

Thanks

Jim1911

Installation on Dell Inspiron Laptop

#56 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi radky,

Finally got around to installing Fatdog64-600a2 on my laptop. PupSnap worked fine initially, however it's broken now. Some program that I installed overwrote a key file.

I believe that installing xfe with it's fox dependency is what broke PupSnap.

Cheers,
Jim

radky

#57 Post by radky »

PupSnap-2.0
- New, intuitive interface with all capture options available on one tab.
- Added the option to send screenshots (or any local image) to the imgur.com image hosting service.

The image hosting module provides quick access to URLs for viewing or deleting the uploaded images,
changing the API access code to imgur.com, and viewing the activity log for all uploaded images.
Additionally, the image URLs are sent to the clipboard if xsel or xclip are available. (thank you stu91)

Jasper

Change in Forum screenshot rule

#58 Post by Jasper »

Flash, our moderator, has amended the maximum screenshot width (using the forum software) from 600 pixels to 800 pixels.

Using PupSnap - from the drop-down-list choose 800px to maximise allowed, but not enforced, screen width (the depth will be auto-scaled as needed).

Also with PupSnap - a user could load the 'Image Host' screen to set up and display a larger 'clickable/expandable' screenshot using non-forum software.

There are alternative means of achieving similar results. However, using PupSnap it is really simple to observe forum sizing etiquette.
Attachments
PupSnap.jpg
(102.89 KiB) Downloaded 1314 times

chrome307

#59 Post by chrome307 »

This program works great, but today I seem to have difficulties uploading the images to the host 'imgur.com'.

The website itself works and I have uploaded to them via their site.

Is anyone else experiencing this too?

btw Using Lucid 5.28-005 with GTKDialog 0.8.2

RSH

#60 Post by RSH »

Hi.

I have made the same experience on LazImUL because imgur.com has change the API version. The provided API key (by Alan@imgur.com) is not longer usable.

So, direct upload to imgur.com doesn't work anymore.

RSH
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

radky

#61 Post by radky »

Hi chrome307 and RSH,

At times, imgur.com is very busy and the API upload service is overloaded. Typically, the downtime is relatively short. :)

Thanks,
radky
Last edited by radky on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

RSH

#62 Post by RSH »

At times, imgur.com is very busy and the API upload service is overloaded. Typically, the downtime is relatively short.
Yes, this may be at times.

I have uploaded earlier today images directly on their web page - which works well. But uploading using the provided API Key doesn't work at the same time.

That's all I can say - currently direct upload still doesn't work.

EDIT:

20:04 GMT+1 (Germany Time) and still not working
21:01 GMT+1 (Germany Time) and still not working
22:07 GMT+1 (Germany Time) and still not working
23:16 GMT+1 (Germany Time) and still not working

So, it looks like we do need a new provided API Key!
Last edited by RSH on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 22:16, edited 3 times in total.
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

chrome307

#63 Post by chrome307 »

OK thanks for the feedback and explanation guys :)

radky

#64 Post by radky »

As noted above by RSH, it seems imgur.com has recently switched to API version 3 for direct image uploads.

Consequently, applications designed for the direct upload of images must comply with the more exacting specifications of the OAuth 2.0 protocol for authorization and authentication (password and token generation).

For now, the Imgur hosting option of PupSnap-2.0 is nonfunctional, and may be removed in future releases. :(

radky

radky

#65 Post by radky »

Hi chrome307,

Please check your PM. Hopefully, the proposed fix for the Image Hosting module will address the requirements of Imgur API version 3.

Thanks