pnethood 0.6.6 - samba share mounter

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
shinobar

pnethood-shinobar.patch

#16 Post by shinobar »

I modified the pnethood-0.6.6 for wary-500j05.
The 'Refresh' button now works.
Attachments
pnethood-shinobar.patch.gz
Apply at the directory /usr/local/apps
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 802 times
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

clarf

Re: USER_PASS mount option

#17 Post by clarf »

shinobar wrote:
rcrsn51 wrote:In Wary, "mount-FULL -t cifs" does not recognize the "-o guest" option. However, "mount.cifs" does.
Thanks, rcrsn51 for the information.
But I guess "username=guest,guest" is more safe.
Are you aware that the Rescan and Refresh buttons no longer work like they used to?
Right. It doesn't work as for 0.6.6.
Hi,

I´m sorry for the lake of Updates and this late response. Many Enterprises systems chooses this season to Upgrade their core Applications...

Ok, about pnethood. What´s the problem with the Refresh and Rescan buttons?. I don´t have a single problem with that.

I didn´t made any test about the "username=guest,guest" change, but I believe this is fail save. You are trying to establish a new connection as guest (no password prompts) enforcing the connection with the guest user, I don´t have Windows Vista or 7 (no even in a sandbox machine) so will make some basic test in Win XP.

I hope to have some free time this weekend and release a new pnethood version, I'm writing an optional menu to add more command line options, so any suggestion is welcome.

shinobar, rcrsn51 many thanks for the feedback and the extensive test, I apologies for my partial/enforced retirement.

Greetings,
clarf

EDIT: I tested "username=guest,guest" with Windows XP. The results with a guest account:

Empty password: WORK
"guest" password: DOES NOT WORK

The "username=guest,guest" does work for Windows 7 as Shinobar claims. But it does not work for a guest account with a default "guest" password in my XP system, to achieve the same results that I get using "username=guest,password=guest" (it works for both cases, empty or default password), I should add a failover code to use the guest password when the mount command fails.

It´s a nice find shino, I´ll implement this for the next version. :)
Last edited by clarf on Thu 20 Jan 2011, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.

Philh

suggestion

#18 Post by Philh »

I think it would be nice to have a button to hide the windows shares with a $ at the end.
So you would just see the folders where your shared files are.

clarf

#19 Post by clarf »

rcrsn51 wrote:In XP-Pro, if you turn on non-simple file sharing, then "username=guest, password=guest" will also fail. That's because Windows tries to login to the guest account using the incorrect password "guest" and fails.

However, "username=guest,guest" will work because that disables the request for a password.
But I guess "username=guest,guest" is more safe.
The safest way is to use YASSM so you have complete control over authentication :wink:
I wonder why it didn´t work for you.

In all my tests the "username=guest, password=guest" code works using non-simple sharing. I can open shares even when the guest password is empty.

clarf

rcrsn51

#20 Post by rcrsn51 »

clarf wrote:I wonder why it didn´t work for you. In all my tests the "username=guest, password=guest" code works using non-simple sharing. I can open shares even when the guest password is empty.
I can't remember now - it may have been how I had the guest account configured.

shadowspawn

can't scroll and other wierdness

#21 Post by shadowspawn »

downloaded the latest pet in this thread on Lucid 5.2

Was having an ok time with 4.x, decided to go for broke and try Lucid and now I'm in a world of hurt.

Ok, on initial scan, I completely break a few servers on the LAN. I have no idea why, but if i dare to fire it up on the VPN, at least 3 servers that have windows shares decide to kick the bucket. Even a proxy server decides to puke and I set off some alarms. My bad, no idea how this even happened with whatever was provided with 5.2

If i do pnethood "ip.of.server.wanted" I get additonally a ReallyLongStringOfInformation on an additional workstation that for some reason I have no idea why it's even reporting.

That's ok, I'm sure that's a bug, which is ok.

But I finally got my target server, but I can't scroll the list of shares.

How can I scroll the window that displays shares?

clarf

Re: suggestion

#22 Post by clarf »

Philh wrote:I think it would be nice to have a button to hide the windows shares with a $ at the end.
So you would just see the folders where your shared files are.
Hi Philh,

It´s a good idea, I´ll try to add this in the next release.

Thank you,
clarf

clarf

Re: can't scroll and other wierdness

#23 Post by clarf »

shadowspawn wrote:
But I finally got my target server, but I can't scroll the list of shares.

How can I scroll the window that displays shares?
Hi shadowspawn,

There´s no way to scroll the share list. It´s a gtkdialog limitation or lack of feature...

Anyway the latest pnethood 0.6.7 version has more room for shares because I removed all button options into a separate windows menu.

Regards,
clarf

EDIT:

thunor, updated gtkdialog code and added scroll functionality to gtkdialog from r14, see: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69188

I just tested pnethood 0.6.7 with new code and it looks great.

Check pnethood 0.6.7 thread: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=538561