"pwsafe is a unix commandline program that manages encrypted password databases.
* Pure command-line operation if desired (good for remote access over ssh)
* or can interact with X11 selection & clipboard.
* Portable, endianess-clean, misaligned-access-free C++. Compiles cleanly on linux, *bsd, macos x, solaris.
* Compatible with CounterPane's PasswordSafe Win32 program versions 2.x and 1.x.
* Funny comments included in source code.
The program creates a database in a hidden file named /root/.pwsafe.dat
You can change the directory and the file name.
Usually you use the program like this:
pwsafe -u -p name_of_the_entry_in_a_database
this will spit the username and password of the selected entry that you can paste using CTRL+V
For more information on its usage type in a terminal
This is an old command-line version. I post this one because I like it and use it regularly.