Powered by Puppy Linux: sticker

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
steve_s

Powered by Puppy Linux: sticker

#1 Post by steve_s »

Ok, I seem to end up with these pc's and laptops that had a window's virus or whatever and I get rid of that old os and put Puppy on it.

Yet I'm still stuck with those crap stickers they put all over the laptops!

Anyway, I've begun removing the labels and I've seen some sticker ideas out there on the internet, but very few to zero Puppy Linux sticker ideas.

So, this is sticker number one...I'll upload it.

If you like it, get rid of the windows thing that is still haunting your laptop/pc, print the sticker on some photo/sticker paper, cut it out and put it on there.

If you come up with some other sticker ideas, post them on this thread, just like we've been doing on the Puppy wallpaper thread...

Anyway, here is sticker one. If/when I come up with some others, I'll post them too. 8)

Oh, and I didn't worry about the size of the file as I normally do for Puppy, since this will be going on the OUTSIDE of your computer.. 8) I kept it relatively big for the detail, so shrink it as you see fit when you put it on your computer.

**Edit: credit where credit is due: afgs is the forum member who came up with those really nice puppy-button-icons; I just put it in the form that it is now. So, thanks to afgs...
Attachments
puppy-inside.png
(68.99 KiB) Downloaded 9806 times

steve_s

#2 Post by steve_s »

...this is just fun.

You know when you see the Windows product key label? Well, if you are like me and now have a computer (or a few) that don't have Windows and certainly don't need a product key you can replace that label with this one.

i went ahead and did the Puppy version of that product key label...it amuses me. 8) Oh, and I started from scratch, leary of any copyright stuff...so, even though they look similar at first glance, they are different, with different colors (clearly) and (of course) with different words.

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a link to a picture of one.
Attachments
puppy-product-key2.png
(49.34 KiB) Downloaded 4468 times

battleshooter

#3 Post by battleshooter »

Brilliant Steve_s! I loved it :D Printed both of them out and stuck them on my laptop as soon as I saw them! You've done a great job :D They look very nice.

steve_s

#4 Post by steve_s »

battleshooter wrote:Brilliant Steve_s! I loved it :D Printed both of them out and stuck them on my laptop as soon as I saw them! You've done a great job :D They look very nice.
Thanks! there are definitely two or three more that I am going to do but hopefully some other forum members will have ideas also...

glad you liked 'em! :D

steve_s

#5 Post by steve_s »

This one is a little more general as far as laptop stickers go...just promoting Puppy.
Attachments
puppy-sticker1.png
(58.78 KiB) Downloaded 4783 times

steve_s

#6 Post by steve_s »

...and, why not, here is a puppy that is more biker tattoo-ish... 8)
Attachments
puppy-aflame.png
(18.63 KiB) Downloaded 4664 times

steve_s

#7 Post by steve_s »

And, of course, I would be remiss in my Linux promotions if I didn't at least show the website that got me going on this kick. Lots of great Linux/Gnu stickers, but, you'll note, no Puppy Linux stickers.

So, those of you wanting to do your own stickers, could go there and get some ideas and or download the free stickers.

www.openstickers.com

steve_s

#8 Post by steve_s »

Yo, man...groovy... 8)
Attachments
puppy-groovy.png
(80.79 KiB) Downloaded 4587 times

steve_s

#9 Post by steve_s »

Button-style sticker, more lighting variations, different outlines, added text with drop-down shadow... 8) Resize as you see fit; I kept it relatively big, once again, for the detail of it...you can always shrink it down before you print it out...
Attachments
puppy-button-sticker.png
(77.4 KiB) Downloaded 4717 times

trio

#10 Post by trio »

Hey steve,

thanks for the pngs ...I used it as pwidgets sidebar...

steve_s

#11 Post by steve_s »

trio: cool! 8)

wosifat

#12 Post by wosifat »

So what's the best way to get stickers of these again? I especially love the product key label!

steve_s

#13 Post by steve_s »

wosifat wrote:So what's the best way to get stickers of these again? I especially love the product key label!
...like I said, that one amuses me a great deal...anyway, I recommend going and buying label paper (from just about anywhere) and printing the sticker on it (making sure it is the size you want; a good printer for better quality) then cutting it out (using either scissors or an exacto-knife or whatever you prefer).

Depending on the label I was also thinking of putting a laminate on one size before adhering it, like contact paper or something. Especially in the case of the product key label; I think that would make it look more "authentic."

Those are just my suggestions...I'm sure others may have other ideas about the best ways to create labels from these...

steve_s

#14 Post by steve_s »

Thus far I seem to get sticker ideas whenever I happen upon another MS sticker/logo...

...so, here is another one that I happened upon...
Attachments
puppy-genuine.png
(19.3 KiB) Downloaded 4142 times

planegoofy

#15 Post by planegoofy »

Steves,

Is there any chance you could post a bigger version of the windows-like liscense sticker? An svg version would be even better (I want to put it nice and BIG on my laptop!) Thanks for all the great images.

Jeff

01micko

#16 Post by 01micko »

planegoofy wrote:Steves,

Is there any chance you could post a bigger version of the windows-like liscense sticker? An svg version would be even better (I want to put it nice and BIG on my laptop!) Thanks for all the great images.

Jeff
Save steve's original to disc, open Inklite, import the png, manipulate it till you are happy, save as an svg.. simply done!

Hope that helps you :)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

steve_s

#17 Post by steve_s »

01micko wrote:
planegoofy wrote:Steves,

Jeff
Save steve's original to disc, open Inklite, import the png, manipulate it till you are happy, save as an svg.. simply done!

Hope that helps you :)
Thanks, Micko...yeah, what he said, goofy. I can play with that one and see what I can do, but it would be the same basic instructions as Micko said, so feel free..that one is easily the most complicated and I didn't save it as a bigger size, so it would be a resize effort...check back later today if you haven't already resized it on your own...

planegoofy

Liscense Resize

#18 Post by planegoofy »

Thanks Steve,
I will work on resizing it then at some point soon. I still need to get the sticker paper so its not a priority. I was hoping you still had the original because it looks rather "Authehtic Windows"!!! I will post my versionwhen I get it done later on. Thanks for the reply Micko and Steve.

Jeff

Aitch

#19 Post by Aitch »

Here's my favourite for a sticker

I think it's Barry's original?

Is it OK to use this? [copyright?]

Aitch :)
Attachments
puplogo140x140.jpg
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 1699 times

steve_s

#20 Post by steve_s »