Quick Pet download of Firefox-(Solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
jduffy22335

Quick Pet download of Firefox-(Solved)

#1 Post by jduffy22335 »

New frugal and save file of 219. Set up wireless then XORG Hi for the ATI card. Then started to download Firefox via quick pet, download proceeded about halfway, then error. Confirmed internet connect, retried Firefox, goes to error message. Just to validate, also downloaded Sea Monkey (without issue) and went back to download Firefox ... no joy, just the error message.

Is the Firefox pet being updated? or maybe something amiss on the ibiblio server?
Last edited by jduffy22335 on Thu 26 Aug 2010, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

James C

Re: Quick Pet download of Firefox

#2 Post by James C »

jduffy22335 wrote:New frugal and save file of 219. Set up wireless then XORG Hi for the ATI card. Then started to download Firefox via quick pet, download proceeded about halfway, then error. Confirmed internet connect, retried Firefox, goes to error message. Just to validate, also downloaded Sea Monkey (without issue) and went back to download Firefox ... no joy, just the error message.

Is the Firefox pet being updated? or maybe something amiss on the ibiblio server?
Downloading Firefox with Quickpet right now. Installing now as I type.

No problems here,downloaded from ibiblio and installed in one try. Maybe just a temporary glitch?

jduffy22335

Re: Quick Pet download of Firefox

#3 Post by jduffy22335 »

James C wrote:
Downloading Firefox with Quickpet right now. Installing now as I type.

No problems here,downloaded from ibiblio and installed in one try. Maybe just a temporary glitch?
Thanks, will try again.

James C

#4 Post by James C »

If you haven't rebooted or shut down, you might want to check in the download location to make sure there are no leftovers from the prior download attempts.Might not be necessary but can't hurt to check.

jduffy22335

Solved download Firefox

#5 Post by jduffy22335 »

James C wrote:If you haven't rebooted or shut down, you might want to check in the download location to make sure there are no leftovers from the prior download attempts.Might not be necessary but can't hurt to check.
James C, you were right on track, I rebooted, but no joy, BUT once I deleted the partial Firefox .pet in /tmp alll way well again.