gtk1.2 puppy anyone?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
goingnuts

#76 Post by goingnuts »

@greengeek: I haven't been able to find a live link - but have compiled all but "Ted" and created an archive with all as .pet packages for download here: iguleder_collection_rebuild-20180423.tar.gz
Approximately 15Mb download.
Static linked with uclibc and tiny xlib so should work on most Puppy versions.

Code: Select all

beaver-0.2.7.pet
calcoo-1.3.15.pet
dillo-0.8.6.pet
emelfm-0.9.2-elm1.pet
gbase-0.5.pet
gcalendar-0.1.pet
gcolor-0.4.pet
gdmap-0.2.pet
gftp-2.0.11.pet
grun-0.8.1.pet
gtkcat-0.1.pet
gtkdialog1-1.4.pet
gtkdiskfree-1.6.5.pet
gtkedit-1.0.pet
gtkfind-1.1.pet
gtkfontsel-1.1.pet
gtklepin-0.2.pet
gtksee-0.5.1.pet
guiTAR-0.1.4.pet
mhwaveedit-1.4.23.pet
mtpaint-3.21.pet
ROX-Filer-1.2.2-12.pet
shutbox-0.4.pet
sylpheed-1.0.6.pet
xchat-1.2.1.pet
xhippo-3.5.pet

greengeek

#77 Post by greengeek »

Wow - many thanks goingnuts!
cheers

greengeek

#78 Post by greengeek »

gtklepin looks interesting - as far as I can tell it is used as a list prioritiser so that each list entry can be moved up or down as required. (I have been looking for something like that for some time...)

One thing I don't understand is why the contents of each entry does not display automatically once you bring it to the top of the list - you have to bring it up then click it.

Maybe I'm using it wrong. Anyone used gtklepin?

(EDIT : I have also emailed Luc - the author of gtklepin to ask if he can add a feature allowing the window to display automatically once the tab is raised to top position)

Tried the gtk dillo too - very refreshing to be able to browse so fast. No waiting for google-analytics and ads etc.

wiak

#79 Post by wiak »

Nice to have all these GTK1 apps available (I've also downloaded to try). As far as prioritising notebook tabs though, it's fair to mention that you can do the same in geany in the sense that tabs can be dragged/dropped anywhere you like in the top bar. I often arrange/group stuff I'm reading in that fashion. Same with most webbrowsers.

wiak

greengeek

#80 Post by greengeek »

wiak wrote:As far as prioritising notebook tabs though, it's fair to mention that you can do the same in geany in the sense that tabs can be dragged/dropped anywhere you like in the top bar.
Thanks Wiak, I didn't realise that. Good to know.

What I particularly liked about the gtklepin tabs is that it allows you to configure the tabs vertically down the right hand side - so they look just like a "To-Do" list. And it has arrows allowing you to step the tab up or down relative to other tabs. Seemed like an electronic way of doing what I do with my daily job sheets.

Each sheet has customer contact details and some history info and I sort them in order to decide on "next job" or discard them once the job is done.

I have tried doing this with a flat file database structure but not successfully.

When I saw how gtklepin works I thought it might suit my application.

goingnuts

#81 Post by goingnuts »

Live link to iguleder sources, packages etc. found:
http://dimkr.insomnia247.nl/

goingnuts

#82 Post by goingnuts »

gxmessage-2.12.0 back ported to gtk1 - diff file and static linked binary (upxed) attached. The diff adds example scripts to test the various commands.
To compile use the Makefile.gtk1 directly - no need for configure:

Code: Select all

make -f Makefile.gtk1
Attachments
gxmessage_gtk1.png
(9.46 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
gxmessage-2.12.0.diff.tar.gz
patch to backport gxmessage to gtk1
(7.27 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
gxmessage.gz
static linked gtk1 version of gxmessage-2.12.0 (fake .gz extention)
(217.57 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

amigo

#83 Post by amigo »

Hi there! my fine GTK1 friend. Got a copy of the source tarball or a link? Greetings from DE.

s243a

#84 Post by s243a »

Where are the installation instructions for this (puppy?)?

goingnuts

#85 Post by goingnuts »

Hello amigo: https://trmusson.dreamhosters.com/stuff/ contains the original source. Hope everything is well in DE!

s243a: Just download the static linked bin (gxmessage.gz), rename to gxmessage and put it in /bin. In /bin create a symlink to gxmessage named xmessage and all programs using xmessage will now use the gxmessage (GTK1 version) instead. If you already have gxmessage installed there are probably no reason to install this one (unless for testing that is...)