#46 Post by Stripe »

Hi

Just installed seamonkey1-1.1.18-special-q1 no problem seems to work great,
Listing missing shared libraries: libsoftokn3.so libxpcom_compat.so

Hope this helps
Stripe

01micko

#47 Post by 01micko »

bigpup wrote:You can get different versions of Seamonkey here.
http://www.lamarelle.org/mo-zi-lla/mozilla.php#smf
Good one bigpup, I forgot about Phillipe's builds, the i386 sm 1.1.19 build (browser only) is only 9MB compressed, and statically built so should not need deps.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

pemasu

#48 Post by pemasu »

Luci217 frugal install. I have played with acpitool to get laptop sleep, it works even with my faulty ACPI/BIOS. And tried to use rfkill but kernel does not support it. Well... I will need kernel recompiling for working acpi so rfkill will be fixed at the same time.

From Fluppy004 I found Xbindkeys-config app suggested by jemimah. It is brilliant tool to bind keys to executable commands. I got sleep and hibernate buttons to work in Fluppy and sleep button to work in Luci217. Basically switching off power consuming devices when needed is my main aim.

I made pet package from lucid repo xbindkeys, xbindkeys-config and dependencies which I thought will be needed. It has also pinstall.sh which creates basic .xbindkeysrc file.

James C

#49 Post by James C »

01micko wrote:ok.. time to be "not so serious"... :shock: :lol: (it is the week end after all :wink: )

I made an iconset for the new blinky.. (er.. network_tray to be more "official" :wink: ).. if you recall there's an alternate set for this blinky in the main thread (approaching 140 pages :roll: )

Try if you want, should uninstall ok.

Cheers
Finally got around to installing........survived changing window managers a couple of times and a reboot.Still working.

01micko

#50 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote: --> The everlasting issue that the exec-button in geany is still there. The answer is also still the same: 'term_cmd=/usr/X11R7/bin/xterm -e bash -c' in /root/.config/geany.conf
In this latest version just /usr/bin/xterm -e bash -c is needed
zigbert wrote: gtkdialog scripts will benefit of that. (Fullscreen, do not show in tray, on top, ...) Some of my scripts already uses classes as they are defined in Stardust (DuDE). This is what is added in my /root/.jwmrc:
I think so, with the addition of gtkdialog-splash class (goes in the XDG template)

Code: Select all

<Group>
<Class>fullscreen</Class>
<Option>layer:12</Option>
<Option>noborder</Option>
<Option>notitle</Option>
<Option>sticky</Option>
<Option>nolist</Option>
<Option>maximized</Option>
</Group>

<Group>
<Class>applet</Class>
<Option>layer:1</Option>
<Option>notitle</Option>
<Option>sticky</Option>
<Option>nolist</Option>
</Group>

<Group>
<!-- above other apps, but below main tray -->
<Class>ontop</Class>
<Option>layer:7</Option>
</Group>

<Group>
<Class>maximized</Class>
<Option>maximized</Option>
</Group>

<Group>
<Class>nolist</Class>
<Option>nolist</Option>
</Group>

<Group>
<Class>noborder</Class>
</Group>

<Group>
<Class>notitle</Class>
<Option>notitle</Option>
</Group>

<Group>
<Class>sticky</Class>
<Option>sticky</Option>
</Group>

<Group>
<Class>gtkdialog-splasht</Class>
<Option>nolist</Option>
</Group>
Also, we need to clean up the /root/.jwmrc_tray file for the tray apps, comment or delete blinky, freememapplet-shell and absvolume.

01micko

#51 Post by 01micko »

playdayz wrote:
01micko, was that in delayed run that you patched so that first run would run in full install--if so I guess we will pick it up when we use your new delayed run.
No, it's a file in /root/Startup that self destructs once installation has occured

#!/bin/sh

. /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE #get pupmode

[[ $PUPMODE -gt 5 ]]&& rm -f /$HOME/Startup/fullstart #delete if we are not in live session or full

if [[ $PUPMODE != 2 ]];then exit
	else sed -i 's/"5"/"2"/' /usr/bin/first-run.sh  #change first-run wizard to work in full install
	first-run.sh &
	rm -f /$HOME/Startup/fullstart  #this file self destructs after first run
fi
it's called "fullstart".

Barry is going to make the changes for delayedrun in next woof with some modifications, but it will suit our needs, :wink:

Cheers
Attachments
fullstart.gz
(276 Bytes) Downloaded 450 times

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#52 Post by Lobster »

# grub-install -v
grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97)
Is that right?
That is very old
Would it offer any insight into this problem, which I have also experienced
not in 5.11 though :)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=59012
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

playdayz

#53 Post by playdayz »

You can get different versions of Seamonkey here.

Good one bigpup, I forgot about Phillipe's builds, the i386 sm 1.1.19 build (browser only) is only 9MB compressed, and statically built so should not need deps.
If Netsurf is not interested in working with us, then we would have several options.
1. I have the PuppyBrowser from 5.0 which is 8.5MB (using SM 1.1.18) Browser only. I am partial to the legacy of PuppyBrowser--and security is not a factor in an internal browser. I also like the branding--PuppyBrowser is a Puppy thing. We could still have the Browser Chooser on first call to the Browser--though the user could choose PuppyBrowser--much more capable than Netsurf (bigger too of course). The iso is 135MB--maybe we could shave 1 or 2. 133MB has been what i hoped was the top limit.

2. The build by phillipe--could also possibly be combined with Puppy browser.

3. A full Seamonkey 2.06--is only 13Mb compressed. It does seem that as stripe said Seamonkey seems to have the best compatibility.

I knew there was part of Cups that Netsurf did not run correclty, but no one was complaining--but it does not run the Help correclty and I am starting to think that Help is actually pretty cool.

bigpup

#54 Post by bigpup »

playdayz wrote:
You can get different versions of Seamonkey here.

3. A full Seamonkey 2.06--is only 13Mb compressed. It does seem that as stripe said Seamonkey seems to have the best compatibility.

I knew there was part of Cups that Netsurf did not run correclty, but no one was complaining--but it does not run the Help correclty and I am starting to think that Help is actually pretty cool.
There is a Seamonkey 2.06 (browser only) 11Mb at Phillipe's site.

Stripe

#55 Post by Stripe »

Hi all
playdayz wrote:I have the PuppyBrowser from 5.0 which is 8.5MB (using SM 1.1.18) Browser only. I am partial to the legacy of PuppyBrowser--and security is not a factor in an internal browser. I also like the branding--PuppyBrowser is a Puppy thing.
Why not try puppybrowser in the next test release and see how it goes? (if that is not too much of a big job) or post a link to it so people can try it and give you some feedback?

hope that helps
Stripe
Last edited by Stripe on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 04:27, edited 1 time in total.

James C

#56 Post by James C »

Some multimedia testing ........installed VLC from Quickpet and been playing ogg,mp3,mp4 and wmv files for a while. Working great. :)

Gnome MPlayer plays them all too.Two pretty solid players.

Stripe

#57 Post by Stripe »

Sorry all, my mistake :oops:
The cups problem is the netsurf browser, what confused me was that up to 510 cups was opened in the default browser (whatever that was, firefox etc) which is why not many people had the problem but now in 217 it opens with netsurf all the time no matter what the default browser is. have opened cups in 217 with firefox (http://localhost:631) and cups works fine.
sorry for getting it wrong.
Stripe
Last edited by Stripe on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.

playdayz

#58 Post by playdayz »

The cups problem is the netsurf browser, what confused me was that up to 510 cups was opened in the default browser (whatever that was, firefox etc) which is why not many people had the problem but now in 217 it opens with netsurf all the time no matter what the default browser is.
That was my fault--not intentional.

playdayz

#59 Post by playdayz »

Also, there is a xulrunner 1.9--it is possible someone could write a new PuppyBrowser. MU wrote one for 1.8 xulrunner that was only 7.5MB.

Stripe

#60 Post by Stripe »

Hi Playdayz
have just set seamonkey1-1.1.18-special-q1 as default for help and cups printer wizard and it works fine, will try some of your other recomendations
Stripe

zigbert

#61 Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote:
zigbert wrote: gtkdialog scripts will benefit of that. (Fullscreen, do not show in tray, on top, ...) Some of my scripts already uses classes as they are defined in Stardust (DuDE). This is what is added in my /root/.jwmrc:
I think so, with the addition of gtkdialog-splash class (goes in the XDG template)
I don't see the reason why gtkdialog-splash can't use the general 'nolist' class :? - just to keep things simple.......

Sigmund

01micko

#62 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:
01micko wrote:
I don't see the reason why gtkdialog-splash can't use the general 'nolist' class :? - just to keep things simple.......

Sigmund
Barry already has the CLASS parameter set, it is in all woof builds (spup, quirky, wary) so that's the only reason I suggested that approach.

Cheers

DaveS

#63 Post by DaveS »

01micko wrote:
zigbert wrote:
01micko wrote:I think so, with the addition of gtkdialog-splash class (goes in the XDG template)

Sigmund
Barry already has the CLASS parameter set, it is in all woof builds (spup, quirky, wary) so that's the only reason I suggested that approach.

Cheers
SO wish I knew what you guys are talking about :) :)

One day I will be able to contribute more.........
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

peebee

Success on ancient Thinkpad 600 but Woof issues

#64 Post by peebee »

First - my congratulations - this is the first of the "modern" Puppies that has both booted up and closed down cleanly on my ancient IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop with just 196MB memory - running as a frugal install dual boot with XP...

I have 2 "issues" both of which I think are Woof related so I'll try to post them in a Woof thread as well:

1. my PCMCIA wifi card is not detected at all - no sign of it if I do "pccardctl info" - it's a Netgear MA401RA 000B,7300 and was last detected OK in Pup 4.3.1

2. a huge 200MB puppy swap file is created whether you want one or not which makes the bootup time take forever - it can be subsequently deleted again but it would be nice to be asked if you want one in the first place.

Thanks
Peter

Tasgarth

first window CEC

#65 Post by Tasgarth »

Playdayz wrote:
Tasgarth, The CCE was present as an option on the first run dialog wasn't it?
No it wasn't:
There was no first run dialog on the first boot of the full install--do I have it now?

I have taken to zero
New Live-CDRW ...
1) Frugal Install :
All is well with the window CEC
2) Full Install...
reformated parttition (ext3)
New installation on the HDD (multiboot):
The CEC window appears normally as expected.

I think the CD should be corrupted (but with right checksum)...
Now everything is in order

Thanks