TrayManager For JWM Desktop

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
DaveS

#31 Post by DaveS »

Couple of small things: it seems impossible to add a button WITHOUT a popup (my preferred, but then I am odd), if I add a button with a pop-up it adds the entry repeatedly for every button for which I dont have a specified pop-up, and finally, package manager cannot uninstall it. This last is caused by the current requirements of woof where .pets have to have a hyphen and release number, like this: traymanager-4.2.pet (thanks to 01micko for this tip)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

jpeps

#32 Post by jpeps »

DaveS wrote:Couple of small things: it seems impossible to add a button WITHOUT a popup (my preferred, but then I am odd), if I add a button with a pop-up it adds the entry repeatedly for every button for which I dont have a specified pop-up, and finally, package manager cannot uninstall it. This last is caused by the current requirements of woof where .pets have to have a hyphen and release number, like this: traymanager-4.2.pet (thanks to 01micko for this tip)
Hi Dave,

Yeah, it's made to write a complete entry that includes an icon, popup, and exec. The popup is also used as the entry to remove it. It's easy enough to simply edit the /root/.jwmrc-tray file itself for anything unusual.

I didn't know about a required listing format for the package manager to work. I mostly gave up on it a long time ago, and use my own uninstaller..which also gets rid of open directories, lets me know about in use files, etc, etc. I just experimented after renaming to TrayManager-4.1.pet. The package manager said it uninstalled, but the files were still there :) The name was gone though....

I don't know why the package manager can't just read whats there.

Edit. Okay..got it working with the PM. I'll upload Thanks!

xia1498

#33 Post by xia1498 »

Yes! It worked.

Thanks a lot for persevering.[/b]

jpeps

#34 Post by jpeps »

xia1498 wrote:Yes! It worked.

Thanks a lot for persevering.[/b]
Great! Uploaded version 4.5, which includes an edit function for manual editing. I also noticed that after closing the DONE window, traymanager needed to be reloaded before it would install another icon. Now it simply restarts JWM directly without going to another window...and is ready to install another icon.

jpeps

#35 Post by jpeps »

Version 5.0: Allows choice of placement for icon on tray. Especially useful when several trays are present.

jpeps

#36 Post by jpeps »

Version 5.2 Allows for on-the-fly icon tray switching, between center-top hidden and bottom visible.

note: to split between trays, add new icon to one after Menu (it will remain on the bottom tray).