Rosegarden 10.02

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
nancy reagan

May we expect it -with- menu entry ?

#16 Post by nancy reagan »

l0wt3ch wrote:@Nancy: You're right - there's no menu entry for some reason.

.[/url]
Will it still be added ?; for I don't see a way to make this wonderful package run.

l0wt3ch

#17 Post by l0wt3ch »

All you have to do is open a terminal and type:

Code: Select all

rosegarden
Make sure you've got qjackctl installed. :) You can also make a desktop launcher, if you're so inclined.

Playdayz suggested putting the qjackctl and rosegarden files into one pet. If I get around to doing that, I'll see if I can fix that menu entry problem as well.

l0wt3ch

#18 Post by l0wt3ch »

I uploaded the new version with qjackctl and all dependencies included.

robert1968

rosegarden 10.01 on puppy 4.31

#19 Post by robert1968 »

Hi l0wt3ch,

Thank you for compile Rosegarden 10 for Puppy.

I have Puppy 4.31 on a very old Fujitsu Stylistic C-500, and I'm very happy with that. (for some reason puppy5.11 Suspend doesn't work, so can't upgrade.)

I tried to install your pet, and seemed ok. but after can't run it.
ldd rosegarden reports many missing libs. Some were resolved by simlinks.

Unfortunately I have some remaining missing libs:
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/bin/rosegarden)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/liblo.so.7)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libfftw3f.so.3)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libraptor.so.1)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libraptor.so.1)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libraptor.so.1)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libraptor.so.1)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libraptor.so.1)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/libraptor.so.1)
/usr/bin/rosegarden: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libraptor.so.1)

Can you advise how to resolve this?

Regards,
Robert

l0wt3ch

#20 Post by l0wt3ch »

Sorry about taking so long to reply.

As noted above, the Rosegarden pet is only for Lucid Puppy.

Use Puppy Studio. It comes with Rosegarden.

I'm going to be deleting all of these music pets soon, because there's a new version of Lucid Puppy coming out soon based on Maverick.

Dromeno

Please upload it again...

#21 Post by Dromeno »

I am using the new 525 version. Can somebody please re-upload the rosegarden 10.02 pet?

GustavoYz

#22 Post by GustavoYz »

I've uploaded it here --> http://www.4shared.com/file/RnHhELnp/ro ... _1002.html
Would be great if somebody could mirror it into a better hosting.
Regards.

Dromeno

#23 Post by Dromeno »

Great - thanks. Works as a charm.

About hosting... what is the protocol to get it in the package manager and/or at ibiblio?

It is useful to have a compilation of Puppy Musician SFS files overthere (with rosegarden, latest musescore, tuxguitar, ardour, LMMS, hydrogen etc.)

starhawk

#24 Post by starhawk »

I would be interested in tinkering with this... but I need mah VSTs... according to Wikipedia (wackypedia?) I need something called dssi-vst. Is that included in this *.pet? If not, where can I get a ver for Wary 511?

Sorry to be a total n00b, happens to the best of us, I guess.

GustavoYz

#25 Post by GustavoYz »

@Dromeno: Is there one protocol? :lol:
A musician SFS sound as a good idea to me. I think that FatDog has one available with multimedia apps, we should take the idea.

@starhawk: To list the content of the pet without extract it, open a terminal in the path and try the usual command as if was a tar.gz file. You could try to grab the pet, and do something like this:

Code: Select all

tar tzvf petname-xx.pet | grep dssi-vst*
to see if it includes the needed file.
I have it at home, but will check it when came there.

ahoppin

#26 Post by ahoppin »

Running Lucid 5.25, full installation. A7N8X mainboard, 2.4gHz AMD Athlon XP processor, 512m main memory, 250gb IDE disk partitioned as root/swap/home on an old Promise 100 controller, system dual booted with Win98SE on another disk using grub4dos.

I've downloaded the Rosegarden pet from here (http://www.4shared.com/file/RnHhELnp/ro ... _1002.html) and so far haven't gotten it to work.

The pet doesn't seem to have included Jack, but that shouldn't stop it from playing and editing MIDI, according to this page:

http://www.lesbell.com.au/Home.nsf/b8ec ... enDocument

Bleah, let's try this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/2rqwjz

I have timidity++ running as a server. I'm using the version from here

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/timidity

Which I guess is pizzasgood's compiled 2.13.0. Since the pet didn't seem to include any of the server scripts mentioned in the forum thread, I just run it thus:

timidity -iA -B2,8 -Os -EFreverb=0 &

That's just fine with Pmidi (not in Puppy Package Manager, but I installed the Debian distribution). If I run

pmidi -p 128:0 midifile.mid

- the file plays tolerably well.

Not so with Rosegarden.

Rosegarden loads an existing midi file just fine. It seems to be playing it. The cursor moves to the right, the little level meters that replace the track numbers get all excited and bounce around. But no sound comes out.

When I launch Rosegarden I get a LOT of error messages. It gripes about Jack being missing (as above). I get several complaints that it can't connect to server sockets - this seems to be related to plugins, which I'm not yet trying to use. I also get the expected timer complaint:

Using low-resolution system timer, sending a warning
Current timer set to "system timer"
WARNING: using system timer with only 250Hz resolution!

It *seems* to find the timidity++ drivers:

ALSA Client information:

14,0 - (Midi Through, Midi Through Port-0) (DUPLEX) [ctype 2, ptype 655362, cap 99]
128,0 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 0) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]
128,1 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 1) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]
128,2 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 2) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]
128,3 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 3) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]
130,0 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 0) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]
130,1 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 1) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]
130,2 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 2) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]
130,3 - (TiMidity, TiMidity port 3) (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap 66]

But not much later I see:

CREATED OUTPUT PORT 3:out 1 - unnamed for device 0
Renamed 129:3 to General MIDI Device
AlsaDriver::addDevice(0,1)
AlsaDriver::setRecordDevice: device 1, action 1
WARNING: AlsaDriver::renameDevice: Cannot find device 1 in port map
audio file manager emitting fake setValue(100)

And it's not clear to me what this might mean. Then:

RosegardenDocument::openDocument: Successfully opened document "/root/.local/share/rosegarden/autoload/autoload.rg"
Object::connect: No such slot Rosegarden::AudioInstrumentParameterPanel::updateAllBoxes() in src/gui/editors/parameters/AudioInstrumentParameterPanel.cpp:81
Object::connect: (receiver name: 'Audio Instrument Parameter Panel')
Object::connect: No such signal Rosegarden::CompositionView::contentsMoving (int, int) in src/gui/editors/segment/compositionview/SegmentMover.cpp:58
Object::disconnect: No such signal Rosegarden::CompositionView::contentsMoving (int, int) in src/gui/editors/segment/compositionview/SegmentMover.cpp:65
Object::connect: No such signal Rosegarden::CompositionView::contentsMoving (int, int) in src/gui/editors/segment/compositionview/SegmentPencil.cpp:61
Connecting my port 3 to 128:0 on reconnection
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like "" requested for device 0
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: fuzzy match 128:0 TiMidity port 0 (write) available with fitness 1
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like "" requested for device 1
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: nothing suitable available
DataBlockRepository::clear()
Studio::getMetronomeFromDevice: Having a look at device 1000
Studio::getMetronomeFromDevice: Having a look at device 10000
Studio::getMetronomeFromDevice: Having a look at device 0
Studio::getMetronomeFromDevice(0): device is a MIDI device
MAIN WINDOW DISPLAY WARNING: type 1 text<h3>Audio sequencing and synth plugins unavailable!</h3>
rosegarden: could not connect to socket
rosegarden: No such file or directory

"Audio sequencing and synth plugins unavailable!" does not sound like good news.

I also get several lines of warnings about missing qt system fonts. Again, I don't know how significant this is.

I'm at a loss here.

I loaded my old Windows standby, Cakewalk Express 8.04 (a good decade or more old now) under Wine. It plays existing midis, as long as I give it plenty of cpu cycles (htop sits at or near 100% cpu). So Cakewalk and Wine are finding the timidity++ midi ports, but Rosegarden can't seem to.

I'd like to get Rosegarden working here, and will appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

l0wt3ch

#27 Post by l0wt3ch »

You poor man. Look at all of that typing!

You should get Studio 4. Or, if you're economically disadvantaged, any of the Puppy Studio isos.

Fix you right up!

michaellowe

Anyone successfully installed Rosegarden pet in Puppy 525??

#28 Post by michaellowe »

Hello, Nice to see people making and effort and firstly I want to say thank you for that. however I have been trying in vain to find a rosegarden pet that works in puppy 5.2.5. which I have as a frugal install on an old all in one P4(you know the kind you used to see in colleges in the noughties?!)
I already have Qjackctl installed and it opens fine.
I downloaded a version of rosegarden from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rosegar ... 2/download and opened it with petget in lucid puppy 5.2.5

because here: http://www.4shared.com/file/RnHhELnp/ro ... _1002.html gets a 404 or just no file available has been removed?

Should I not have opened it with petget should I rather just unpack and then compile it if I can? Ive never really got my head around compiling and usually just follow the config and make commands etc. and by luck get the app to work.
sometimes not as too many missing bin or libs?? I'm really keen on creating and recording music from my guitar as I have been playing for years but can't read music which leaves me limited so I'm hoping that the notation functionality of rosegarden will help me to learn what I am playing as I play it? any other easier or well known pets that do the same thing that anyone can suggest would be great if their are alternatives that are known to run straight away on lucid puppy 5.2.5 on an old P4
I haven't got money to splash out on a faster newer computer otherwise if I did I'd probs not have bothered with puppy and just went straight for ubuntu studio. I already have audacity installed which is great for recording but I don't know if it has notation function? anyway any help in the right direction with proven results would be greatly appreciated, many thanks?
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.....
well thats at least how some of us deal with ba$h !

puppyluvr

#29 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
A 3 yr old thread. Lol. Only in Puppyland would you get a quick reply.
Try this:
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/ ... udio_4.iso
Better than Ubuntu Studio.
Puppy based, realtime kernel, runs in ram.
Includes Rosegarden, Hydrogen, Jack is built in.
The add on .sfs for Ardour3:
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/ ... rdour3.sfs
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...