Puppy Merchandise

Promote Puppy !
ajlec2000

#16 Post by ajlec2000 »

Ordered a shirt and stickers. Can't wait.

CutePup

Re: Puppy Merchandise

#17 Post by CutePup »

Anyone wishing to contribute designs should follow the guidelines outlined here:

EDIT 1: Common Sense Disclaimer: any artwork used must either be completely original or use images only with the consent of the artist.

Can you confirm that the white Puppeee logo is not violating Asus' rights/trademarks? Its very close to this...

Please read http://www.asus.com/ContentPage.aspx?Co ... tent_Id=17

tubeguy

Re: Puppy Merchandise

#18 Post by tubeguy »

CutePup wrote:
Anyone wishing to contribute designs should follow the guidelines outlined here:

EDIT 1: Common Sense Disclaimer: any artwork used must either be completely original or use images only with the consent of the artist.

Can you confirm that the white Puppeee logo is not violating Asus' rights/trademarks? Its very close to this...

Please read http://www.asus.com/ContentPage.aspx?Co ... tent_Id=17
Thanks for bringing this up. My first thought is that Asus would not have a problem with it, the shirts are in support of an operating system made specifically for the EeePC, and so also (indirectly) in support of the EeePC itself. In fact Asus has an info page devoted to the use of the Asus logo. They make it available for anyone to use, and provide guidelines for it's use. However there is no mention of the "Eee" logo anywhere.

I have some experience with the legalities of corporate branding and copyrights, and any company that freely provides its logo to the world in this manner is, IME, not going to care if the "Eee" logo appears as it does on the shirts.

Jemimah, thoughts on this?
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

jemimah

#19 Post by jemimah »

It's definitely borderline. I will see if we can change it a little. I think the big E is the only thing that makes the logo at all unique.

MGFox

#20 Post by MGFox »

I noticed that all Eee family (Eee PC, EeeBox PC, EeeKeyboard PC, Eee Stick, EeeTop PC, Eee Videophone) use same font type in their brands (especially the Eee logo). This is to show people that these products are manufactured by the same company. Using the same P and Eee official fonts in PuppEee logo IMO is to trick people to believe that PuppEee is part of the official Eee family (Asus' products). I believe this is not Jemimah's intention. She's too clever and creative.

jemimah

#21 Post by jemimah »

The intention was simply to offer more choices, not to create controversy. Tubeguy, you should take that one down - I have no desire to cause trouble.

tubeguy

#22 Post by tubeguy »

jemimah wrote:The intention was simply to offer more choices, not to create controversy. Tubeguy, you should take that one down - I have no desire to cause trouble.
Done.

sandungas

#23 Post by sandungas »

Hi, i did this PuppEee logo, and is not a problem of creativeness, is just that i like the originall one

But i understand that maybe is not the best logo for a linux distro (because we cant be sure if there is some copyright problems)

I personally think that asus must be happy with this... we are making free promo, and i guess Eee developers uses puppeee (because is as good as xandros or even better) and they like this logo because 90% is designed by them :D

afgs

#24 Post by afgs »

I think we need a little humor here.
[Pls apologize if the pics offend someone]
Attachments
g4028.png
(94.72 KiB) Downloaded 514 times

cthisbear

#25 Post by cthisbear »

"I think we need a little humor here."

Only if I'm the one being offensive.

Good one afgs.
Keep them coming.

Chris.

Dennola4

#26 Post by Dennola4 »

Two things:

1) I run a sign shop and am always forced to make judgment calls where possible copyright infringement with respect to intellectual property is concerned. The Asus logo is pretty distinctive, especially since there are only so many ways one can depict three letter "E's". It seems like a good idea to have the PuppEee logo avoid suggesting any affiliation with or partiality toward Asus (or any other company who isn't generously sponsoring Puppy Linux). If you Google (images) "Eee logo" a few viable alternatives come up -- namely Ubuntu and PC Linux -- and in my opinion Puppeee people are creative enough to follow suit or do better.

2) Truth be told (keeping in mind that no one really asked) I rather like the name "PupEee" instead of "PuppEee". The third "p" seems extraneous, from a design/branding vantage-point.

That's all I have for the moment.

jemimah

#27 Post by jemimah »

The third P keeps it from being pronounced Pu-peee.

Also Pupeee is taken by PupEEE 3 and Pupeee 4.2. So I can claim to be the developer of Puppeee without necessarily having to specify 4.3. (Makes googling a little easier too).

Because now I have a problem, since there will be multiple releases of Puppeee. Puppeee 4.3X Version 1.1? or should it be Puppeee 4.4X? Puppeee 1.1? That even confuses me.

MGFox

#28 Post by MGFox »

afgs wrote:I think we need a little humor here.
Attachments
PuppEeeYes.png
(65.25 KiB) Downloaded 431 times

Dennola4

#29 Post by Dennola4 »

Also Pupeee is taken by PupEEE 3 and Pupeee 4.2. So I can claim to be the developer of Puppeee without necessarily having to specify 4.3. (Makes googling a little easier too).
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Funny....I was thinking last night after I posted that while "PUPeee" is easier to work with in terms of design, if it were on a shirt I just just know some goofball would ask me: "So what's the POOH-pee shirt all about?" Especially here in New Orleans. I've just finally gotten friends and family to stop saying "LINE-ux". *ugh*

:D

dejan555

#30 Post by dejan555 »

Awesome afgs! :)
I'm adding them to puppy gallery artwork ASAP. :lol:
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

MGFox

#31 Post by MGFox »

Attachments
Asus_PuppEee.png
(159.81 KiB) Downloaded 1195 times

Dennola4

#32 Post by Dennola4 »

Not to beat a dead horse with regards to the Asus Eee logo, but....

....it seems that in 2008 someone else (Jon Ramvi) was in the position of deciding whether or not to incorporate it into a Linux distro logo (Ubuntu eee):

http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-eee- ... 00011.html

Wonder how that turned out.

:?:

WhoDo

#33 Post by WhoDo »

I'm lovin' it, afgs! Can we have one with the PuppEee/Puppy ... Resistance is futile; we will assimilate you! slogan? :lol:

[I know, I know ... it's copyright Lobster ... but he's on another planet all on his own, so who's he gunna sue?]
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

afgs

#34 Post by afgs »

WhoDo wrote:I'm lovin' it, afgs! Can we have one with the PuppEee/Puppy ... Resistance is futile; we will assimilate you! slogan? :lol:

[I know, I know ... it's copyright Lobster ... but he's on another planet all on his own, so who's he gunna sue?]
Attachments
g5459.png
(89.66 KiB) Downloaded 438 times

tubeguy

#35 Post by tubeguy »

Dennola4 wrote:I've just finally gotten friends and family to stop saying "LINE-ux". *ugh* :D
Linus himself pronounces it LEEN-OOKS.
Just sayin'. ;-)