Changing the Target Home folder in puppy

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
mistfire

Changing the Target Home folder in puppy

#1 Post by mistfire »

In windows the default home folder for MY DOCUMENTS is "C:\Documents and Settings\ [User account name]\My Documents". However we can changed the home folder to another location it means that the My Documents can be in C:\[somewhere] by right clicking the my documents icon, select properties, (not a shortcut) and change the target folder.

Is there a puppy equivalent for them.? what i mean is if you click the Home icon, instead of /root, it will be /root/My Documents. And even if the save and open dialog appear the home folder will be /root/My Documents instead of /root. The reason is that inside the /root folder , there are many hidden files and folder on the /root which is a part of Puppy system although it is hidden, but on the save and open dialog, the hidden folders and files appears. which is very messy. I think its better to isolate user files and hidden folders and files which is a part of Puppy System.

sinc

#2 Post by sinc »

right click on the home file icon

left click edit item

put the location you want to open under arguments to pass
ie /root/my-documents

left click OK

now try it out. :D

mistfire

#3 Post by mistfire »

Where I can find the Home folder icon?
Is it only applicable on rox-filer?
How about on Thunar?

sinc

#4 Post by sinc »

i thought that was the one specific icon you were referring to. the one in the upper-left hand corner on the desktop. some versions of puppy call it "home" and others call it "file" on the desktop. puppy comes with rox as a default if you have installed thunar (or have a puppy version that already has it installed) you can do the same thing to the desktop icon. right click on it and "edit" arguments to pass. but it works exactly the same way.