A few nitpicks about Slacko

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
B.K. Johnson

#1 Post by B.K. Johnson »

Environment: 8 puplets on flash drive includes slacko-5.3.27; frugal install, P4, 512Mb RAM, Intel board,

As much as I like Slacko it will have to take 2nd place to Wary-5.290 and Lupu-5.2.8-04 because of 3 factors:
1. SeaMonkey/Composer does not seem to be a preferred browser. The evidence: just about every browser except SeaMonkey is in PPM and/or available from slickpet's Internet Pets; an extremely old version is in PPM. So, the version available will consistently be older than what is currently available from mozilla.
2. Three of my favourite pets used in lupu, ThreadGet, ClipGrab and emelFM2, are unavailable. Guess I'll have to learn how to make a pet :) if I want these and the latest SeaMonkey in my Slacko.
3. edpview is pathetic as a pdf viewer - limited header (minimize, restore & close), not even an about, no zoom, no paging; PDF Viewer in wary is considerably better.

Luv your work Micko.

B.K. Johnson

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

It would make more sense to post this in theSlacko thread where Mick would see it.

B.K. Johnson

#3 Post by B.K. Johnson »

rcrsn51

Sorry for the mis-posting. Posting to the Slacko forum was my intent and indeed I thought that's where it was posted. Thanks for the reply. and the link to the Slacko forum.

aarf

#4 Post by aarf »

evincePdf viewer, threadget, opera pets and sfs are all available as pets attached to posts on the forum, as is lupify- slacko.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

B.K,, you still didn't post to the Slacko thread. To do it right, go to the Slacko thread, click the Post reply button at the bottom of any page of the Slacko thread, then post your message. :)

B.K. Johnson

#6 Post by B.K. Johnson »

aarf
Thanks for the info on the pets in the forum (some I wasn't aware of), but I don't have 24/7 access so getting pets from the PPM rather than going through the thread at this time was not an option. In fact, that was why I needed ThreadGet to quickly download the thread so I can read it offline.

Flash
Thanks for the directions :oops: ...will get it right one of these days.
B.K.