Procise 5.3.3.1

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
mrokosz

Procise 5.3.3.1

#1 Post by mrokosz »

Hey, James C.
Who are You to write that Grub 2 is a crap, what is Your education level, keep such opinions to Yourself. You probably don't know much what You writing.
But I have to be more precise, when I wrote os frozen, I ment USB mouse. I will also try to install to more modern comp like HP mini 210, but for now what I notice frugall installation does not save wireless setting. Every time I boot, I have to setup the wireless network again, it is restricted network using WPA encription.

If it tells me during boot up setting layered file system failed that definitely is something wrong, otherwise it will tell pass, however from the first look it seems everything is working OK.
I will be checking frugal installation cause that one works so far.
Michael Rokosz

James C

Re: Procise 5.3.3.1

#2 Post by James C »

mrokosz wrote:Hey, James C.
Who are You to write that Grub 2 is a crap, what is Your education level, keep such opinions to Yourself. You probably don't know much what You writing.
But I have to be more precise, when I wrote os frozen, I ment USB mouse. I will also try to install to more modern comp like HP mini 210, but for now what I notice frugall installation does not save wireless setting. Every time I boot, I have to setup the wireless network again, it is restricted network using WPA encription.

If it tells me during boot up setting layered file system failed that definitely is something wrong, otherwise it will tell pass, however from the first look it seems everything is working OK.
I will be checking frugal installation cause that one works so far.
Michael Rokosz
Just for your obviously uneducated pleasure......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPWVq6MwW4E

darkcity

#3 Post by darkcity »

advice on the forums is given freely and usually with the best intentions.

if someone has a low opinion on a piece of software it is probably because they have tried it and it didn't work for them.

Nothing to stop you giving it a go, and if you get it singing - why not post your methods here. 8)