Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition"

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
aarf

#31 Post by aarf »

l0wt3ch wrote:2.0 is out!

Details updated in original post. :)
xdelta is a time/bandwidth saver and difference calculator for iso. find it in the sub menus of most puppies. </hint> 352MB indeed.

l0wt3ch

#32 Post by l0wt3ch »

I think we're ok here, but thanks aarf.

aarf

#33 Post by aarf »

just to be sure, this http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/ ... PE-1.9.iso is Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition" 2.0?

l0wt3ch

#34 Post by l0wt3ch »

I've updated the ftp server.

harryhaaren

modprobe raw1394

#35 Post by harryhaaren »

Hey,

To avoid having to "modprobe raw1394", you should put "raw1394" in the auto-loaded modules of your kernel. On debian (and most distros) that's /etc/modules.conf it may be called /etc/modules or similar though.

Cheers, -Harry

mrufino1

raw1394

#36 Post by mrufino1 »

I think the file is modprobe.conf, do I just type raw1394 or is there something else I should type too? I didn't recognize a lot in that file when I looked, so I didn't want to change it yet.

nooby

#37 Post by nooby »

Sadly the xorg dies when I try to use Spotify but if I am in Quirky then it is possible to set it up so Spotify just works but sadly me don't remember the details of how. It is a hit and miss each time I test a new updated test version.

I seems to have done no wrong because the UbuntuStudio version of Lupu already have Wine in it so not my choice of pet or how to set it up???

Unless one have to tweak each Wine for the kind of machine one use.

I am on Acer now but Spotify do kill Xorg on my HP/Compaq too. I have tested almost all Lupu versions and all of them crash.

Am I alone having this problem?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

picatrix

VLC Hangs :-(

#38 Post by picatrix »

Hi all,
unfortunately in my fresh install of Ubuntu Studio PE 2.0, VLC hangs (it opens 3 tabs in the application bar), on an IBM Thinkpad R51e with Xorg_High installed!

Thanks in advance for any help...

Picatrix

PS: How to get rid of numlock on at boot? It´s really annoying on a laptop...

enhu

#39 Post by enhu »

any mirror? i can't use wget with that link

FrettedSynth

#40 Post by FrettedSynth »

Version 2 will not give sound from my Lexicon alpha USB device, got it to work with a M-audio audiophile 24-96 pci card with no problem? Version 1 worked very well with the lexicon USB?

l0wt3ch

#41 Post by l0wt3ch »

I'm going to rebuild it from scratch. Be patient, I'll be re-uploading it shortly.

russoodle

#42 Post by russoodle »

enhu wrote:any mirror? i can't use wget with that link
Hi enhu,

Sorry you're having trouble retrieving the file - did you give wget the username of puppy and password of linux for the download? And the link on the first page gives only the directory path but doesn't include the file-name.

The filename of version 2.0 has been changed in the download directory (no underscores or hyphens in it) and the file-size is not correct either, so l0wt3ch may be in the process of re-uploading....the logs show several recent unsuccessful attempts to d/l it, so i guess we just have to wait for l0wt3ch to let us know what he's up to there.
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

helander

#43 Post by helander »

It seems like the available ISO is "corrupted" (far too small).

Any news about when a proper ISO will be available?

Any other site where some version could be downloaded from?

Kind Regards

Lars

mrufino1

mixxx

#44 Post by mrufino1 »

I uninstalled mixxx 1.7.2 and installed the 1.8.2 beta, and it says it is installed (I downloaded the deb file from mixxx's site) but it is not in the menu. I reinstalled 1.7.2 through the package manager, but still not in the menu, it was before I screwed with it. I uninstalled 1.7.2 again, because on ubuntu 1.7.2 data files messed up 1.8.2 (confused yet?! sorry....). Anyway, how would I add it back in the menu? I don't see any entry in usr/bin either. Can you install .deb packages in this way?
On another note, I installed the linuxdsp plugins (along with the associated license files) that I own, and they work great on ardour. System is running great, firewire audio and internal audio are working, and the 24 bit graphics seems to have fixed the screen issue (although I had to redo it again on this boot, so hopefully this time it sticks). Awesome job on this distro, it really runs well.

russoodle

#45 Post by russoodle »

helander wrote:It seems like the available ISO is "corrupted" (far too small).

Any news about when a proper ISO will be available?

Any other site where some version could be downloaded from?

Kind Regards

Lars
Hi Lars,

Did you read my above post regarding the size of the ISO?

I've PM'd l0wt3ch about this and asked him to let us know what's happening, so if he's somewhere the message can be received, hopefully we'll hear from him soon to clarify things. It's probably just a temporary situation, so a little patience for now, eh? :wink:
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

RJARRRPCGP

#46 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

Bad upload.

I tried the ISO, which is only 18 MB and sure enough, I get a major error. :(

RJARRRPCGP

#47 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

russoodle wrote:
I've PM'd l0wt3ch about this and asked him to let us know what's happening, so if he's somewhere the message can be received, hopefully we'll hear from him soon to clarify things. It's probably just a temporary situation, so a little patience for now, eh? :wink:
Yikes, I just PM'ed I0wt3ch about that, too. :(
Last edited by RJARRRPCGP on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

RJARRRPCGP

#48 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

Double post.

RJARRRPCGP

#49 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

I'm now waiting...

l0wt3ch

#50 Post by l0wt3ch »

In my last post I said I was recreating it from scratch.

Still a couple of bugs, but version 2.1 will include the latest ArdourVST compiled from source, IceWM (customized), and hopefully working firewire (editing modules.conf, see above).
Last edited by l0wt3ch on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.