Manna OS 6.4.2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

Manna OS 6.4.2

#1 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

Manna OS 6.4.2 is finally here, It's a whooping 714mb it is a big one. I have put in Alkitab, bibledesktop, BibleAnalyzer, e-Sword, theWord and Manna Bible Software. We have been able to put BibleAnalyzer, theWord and e-Sword in Manna by the permission of the owners. They are update as of now.

This pup is woof-CE build on slackware-14.1. Slacko based, It has 4.1.11-pae kernel I would recommend at least 1gb ram and a duo core processor. I have a Dell D430 which has 1gbram and a duo core 1.33gh processor. The programs do open a liitle slower than what I like on the laptop I use the most put I on my newer one they load fast, It has 4gbram and quad core 2.40gh processor.

There is no word-processor in it, put you can download LibreOffice here I did this so that you can update LibreOffice when you want. Other wise the os would be much bigger.

When Manna boots up after setting your timezone the browser will open up so you can read the disclosure about the copyrighted programs. After closing the browser the welcome screen will come up so you can setup the internet. You can find the welcome.html in /root/my-documents if you want to go the their websites.

Manna Bible Software has been separated into three programs to be more efficient. I have only put in one font, but you can still change the size. Manna Bible Software will now only be available through Manna OS.

I have made a new gui to access puppy setup settings along with the desktop settings and system management programs as well as package managment.

You can get Manna OS 6.4.2 and devx here the md5 as well.

If you download bibletime from puppy-slacko-14.1 repo just refresh MannaMenu and a button will showup to for bibletime.

Bugs:
there is one that I know of and that is the icons on the drives disappear when that drives is open, but once you change the icons they stay.
Attachments
desktop.jpg
(64.2 KiB) Downloaded 1927 times
settings.jpg
(46.07 KiB) Downloaded 1926 times
Last edited by oldyeller on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

ally

#2 Post by ally »

oldyeller

#3 Post by oldyeller »

Thanks ally

festus

#4 Post by festus »

Thank you, oldyeller, for this fine, useful release.

oldyeller

#5 Post by oldyeller »

Thanks festus,

I will also be up loading a smaller version of Manna OS this week.

festus

#6 Post by festus »

I'm on it right now, and everything is working great.

When it loads, it uses ~74MB RAM

Thanks, again, oldyeller :wink:

festus

oldyeller

#7 Post by oldyeller »

Your welcome fetus enjoy and God bless

oldyeller

New Manna build coming

#8 Post by oldyeller »

Hi Everyone I am in the beginning stages of doing a new Manna OS. It has been a few years since the last one. So be patient while I refresh my memory on the scripts lol.

If you have any ideas of what you would like to see post it here.

thanks oldyeller

mikeslr

#9 Post by mikeslr »

Waiting patiently with bated breath. :)

rufwoof

#10 Post by rufwoof »

Not even god is exempt from confession. Divine trinity suggests gods god is him/her self. Vanity. :)
beginning stages of doing a new Manna
Tamarisk tree branch? :)
[size=75]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq[/size]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1028256#1028256][size=75]Fatdog multi-session usb[/url][/size]
[size=75][url=https://hashbang.sh]echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh[/url][/size]

the last saviour

Genesis

#11 Post by the last saviour »

Many years ago, during my meditation, God let me see how the planet was created. Each step was finished in a few second or minutes (divine time). Divine time is much longer than earth time. One second in heaven is about ten minutes on earth. All that was written in Genesis are hoax.[/code]
My people are somebody who will move to crowded city because I have promised them the refuge in the big UFO station.
Now I'd found at least 5 aliens who live in Thailand. They are from Triangular constellation.