Cant get Belkin USB wireless adapter to work

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
colin5

Cant get Belkin USB wireless adapter to work

#1 Post by colin5 »

I am experimenting with puppy linux but i am unable to get my Belkin USB wireless adaptor to work. I'm new to linux so any help would be appreciated.

Tanks
Colin

Walt H

Re: Cant get Belkin USB wireless adapter to work

#2 Post by Walt H »

colin5 wrote:I am experimenting with puppy linux but i am unable to get my Belkin USB wireless adaptor to work. I'm new to linux so any help would be appreciated.

Tanks
Colin
I'm first going to tell you what others will likely tell you: you need to provide more detail about what model you have and what you've done so far to try to get it working :)

Having said that, I have gotten my Belkin FD7050 USB wireless card to work with Puppy. First, you either need to install the Perl dotpup (I think, can't remember at the moment) or the development file (usr_devx.sfs) in order to make ndiswrapper work. You'll also need the Windows driver files for your adapter. (All of this is based on the FD7050 and Puppy 1.0.5, which is the version I've used.)

From the menu, you'll need to run WAG (the Wireless wizard) so you can install the driver files and ndiswrapper. Based on my own experience, I will tell you that getting the initial connection each time you boot Puppy is a bit of a bear, but eventually, it does work. Good luck!
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.