Do you like Debian and Debian based distros?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
harii4

#16 Post by harii4 »

I really like antix and dpup.
Now my antix setup is used for my dpup.
with all the .debs you really don't need alot of skill? :lol:

RetroTechGuy

#17 Post by RetroTechGuy »

gerry wrote:I like Debian because: It's stable. Apt is marvelous. I like the idea of security updates. I have a minimal install of Debian Lenny on my OLD desktop, which runs very well. Over the years it's had a new lock, a new stock, and a new barrel, but it's the same install- all my configurations and so on stay through all the changes.
Since someone has revived the thread...

Yes, I have always liked Debian. I ran v1.3 for about 10 years (why update it if it works?... ;) ). It typically has pretty good support for a wide range of hardware (including old junkers like I own). And I've loaded a number of .deb packages into my Puppy.

I've been running Puppy pretty much exclusively at home for several months (all internet usage is through it).

I did recently try a net install of Debian 5.x. The install choked at my wireless router, since it couldn't figure out how to request a password, rather than continue to bash its head into the concrete wall until it crashed... I haven't gotten back to playing with it yet...

And Puppy is so damn easy to "install" (I hardly dare call it an "installation", as it is so painless...), that it's rather hard to get back to Debian... ;)