Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 22 Nov 2019, 10:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Fluppy 013
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 106 of 133 [1992 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, ..., 131, 132, 133 Next
Author Message
Fabio T

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Posts: 90
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 16:35    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
Fabio T wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Fabio T wrote:
In version 011, Fluppy can't recognize my HSDPA interface Option code 7601 built-in in my laptop.
Perhaps any fault on USB drivers?
Fluppy from 008 to 010 (kernel 2.6.34.x) is the unique Puppy that can see that HSDPA interface (other Puppies can't read this interface starting from Kernel version 2.6.31.x).
I am using my laptop (SONY VAIO TT46XG) for tavelling, this feature is necessary for me.
Thank for the efforts in this build.


Can you run pmodemdiag the working one and fluppy011 and post the results?

It's possible to replace the kernel if necessary.


i have tried this, following this thread:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60180&search_id=1735205608

This method works fine for me.

The older kernel (2.6.34.x) works OK in detecting my HSDPA internal modem.

HARDINFO in the USB section can see and explain modem features.

Thanks you Jemimah for this young beautiful Puppy.,


I still need the pmodemdiag output if so I can figure out what might be wrong with 2.6.35. Maybe some firmware is out of date.


I've tried successfully Kernel trasplant between Fluppy010 and Lucid Pyppy 5.2, the latter now can see OPTION card and dial from HSDPA network. Lucid with kernel 2.6.34.7 is working fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Laie

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 319
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 17:27    Post subject: childish mistake  

When first running fluppy 012 on my Lenovo S12 ION I activated by mistake the checkbox "enable Num-Lock". How can I reverse that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Roy

Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 22:10    Post subject:  

Just loaded Fluppy 12 onto my Dell 910 netbook. Used the zip file with zero problems by using an external 4GB USB drive, then transferred the files to my Inspiron 910 harddrive manually before editing my Menu.lst.

Couldn't find my beloved wl Broadcom driver, but loaded the brcm80211 driver after blacklisting ssb and B43. Are they still required to be blacklisted with the new open source driver?

Everything seems to work -- except that I am using a vendor's unencrypted hotspot to post this and my lower right network icon still shows as 2 boxes circled and crossed in red (as if no connection is made), which is obviously incorrect.

-Roy

Edit After saving the vendor's profile in Frisbee and rebooting, the lower right network icon appears to be working normally -- showing a connection -- after Frisbee uses the stored profile to automatically connect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Roy

Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 22:43    Post subject:  

Is there a Skype.sfs available that will work with Fluppy 12?

-Roy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 22:56    Post subject:  

Fabio T wrote:
Here are the pmodemdiag files from various Fluppy Version
Thank You for the effort.
Hope this helps.


jemimah wrote:
Fabio T wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Fabio T wrote:
In version 011, Fluppy can't recognize my HSDPA interface Option code 7601 built-in in my laptop.
Perhaps any fault on USB drivers?
Fluppy from 008 to 010 (kernel 2.6.34.x) is the unique Puppy that can see that HSDPA interface (other Puppies can't read this interface starting from Kernel version 2.6.31.x).
I am using my laptop (SONY VAIO TT46XG) for tavelling, this feature is necessary for me.
Thank for the efforts in this build.


Can you run pmodemdiag the working one and fluppy011 and post the results?

It's possible to replace the kernel if necessary.


i have tried this, following this thread:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60180&search_id=1735205608

This method works fine for me.

The older kernel (2.6.34.x) works OK in detecting my HSDPA internal modem.

HARDINFO in the USB section can see and explain modem features.

Thanks you Jemimah for this young beautiful Puppy.,


I still need the pmodemdiag output if so I can figure out what might be wrong with 2.6.35. Maybe some firmware is out of date.


I don't see any messages refering to the modem here in the 2.6.34 version. Was the modem plugged in when you made these?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 23:03    Post subject: Re: again--  

bwh1969 wrote:

Note, the battery runs down quickly in any Linux except for Fluppy. I have tried Arch and Kubuntu and Aurora (Debian based). The battery lasts longest in XP (I had an XP pro disk and it shipped with drivers for XP and the super hybrid engine really helps with this) for a long time but I just get tired of having to update patches every other time I boot into it.

I assume the 1215 ships with Win 7? Put Puppy on a USB card; you'll love it. Note, if you don't run from RAM like I am (customize, then remaster, then run with boot flag ramboot=1); wake from suspend will be a crap shoot. It forgets what partition it is mounted on when it wakes much of the time and you are left with a system that runs anything from the base sfs, but not necessarily anything from your pupsave or other sfs files. Sometimes restarting X will oddly kind of fix this.

Ramboot=1 puts the base sfs and your pupsave file into RAM. You can't save from running with this flag. Keep your save file small. My remamstered iso created a 1 GB sfs, and my pupsave is 256 MB. I have plenty of memory left for running apps.

You could use the foot flag pfix=ram and not have a pupsave file load at all but it still leaves the root device mounted this way; waking from RAM can then leave a few untidy issues.


Hmm I wonder if eee-control from Puppeee will work on it. It should be possible to get FSB underclocking if it's anything like the other Eees.

Have you tried suspending when booted from the Card? This works on all my Eees, whereas booting from a USB stick and then suspending doesn't work. Also putting the save file on the hard drive should work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 23:05    Post subject: Re: childish mistake  

Laie wrote:
When first running fluppy 012 on my Lenovo S12 ION I activated by mistake the checkbox "enable Num-Lock". How can I reverse that?


Go to the System tab of the control panel and run CountryWizard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 23:19    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
Just loaded Fluppy 12 onto my Dell 910 netbook. Used the zip file with zero problems by using an external 4GB USB drive, then transferred the files to my Inspiron 910 harddrive manually before editing my Menu.lst.

Couldn't find my beloved wl Broadcom driver, but loaded the brcm80211 driver after blacklisting ssb and B43. Are they still required to be blacklisted with the new open source driver?

Everything seems to work -- except that I am using a vendor's unencrypted hotspot to post this and my lower right network icon still shows as 2 boxes circled and crossed in red (as if no connection is made), which is obviously incorrect.

-Roy

Edit After saving the vendor's profile in Frisbee and rebooting, the lower right network icon appears to be working normally -- showing a connection -- after Frisbee uses the stored profile to automatically connect.


The wl driver has not been removed, It may have loaded automatically though. I did change some settings.

Code:
find lib/modules/ -name "wl.ko"
lib/modules/2.6.35.7/kernel/drivers/staging/wl.ko


The open source driver crashes jamesbond's computer so I added brcm80211:wl to the preflist. This should cause wl to load in the case that the open source driver wants to load. But you might need to remove that if you want to use the open source driver.

My understanding is that your machine loads the b43 driver by default, but maybe this is not the case anymore.

What a confusing mess! Hopefully the open source driver gets stable soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb 2011, 23:20    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
Is there a Skype.sfs available that will work with Fluppy 12?

-Roy


Yes. You can find the SFSes here: http://puppeee.com/files/sfs/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 2377
Location: Queensland

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 02:34    Post subject:
Subject description: rt2870sta
 

I'm having a problem getting the network running using a rt2870sta wireless usb dongle, it works fine with Quirky 1.20 and lucid 5.2, in quirky I load the rt2870sta driver and lucid finds it automatically, in fluppy no matter what I do even manually loading it I can't get it to fire a shot, I did a diagnostic here are the results.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Sage

Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 5498
Location: GB

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 02:38    Post subject:  

Quote:
You should visit the INTEL factory and take their tour

Sorry, friend, got an inside track on that company.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Laie

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 319
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 09:20    Post subject: Re: childish mistake  

jemimah wrote:
Laie wrote:
When first running fluppy 012 on my Lenovo S12 ION I activated by mistake the checkbox "enable Num-Lock". How can I reverse that?


Go to the System tab of the control panel and run CountryWizard.

Done
Thx!
:roses:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 12:21    Post subject:
Subject description: rt2870sta
 

Geoffrey wrote:
I'm having a problem getting the network running using a rt2870sta wireless usb dongle, it works fine with Quirky 1.20 and lucid 5.2, in quirky I load the rt2870sta driver and lucid finds it automatically, in fluppy no matter what I do even manually loading it I can't get it to fire a shot, I did a diagnostic here are the results.


I see the problem. I'll try to fix it for the next release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Fabio T

Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Posts: 90
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 19:34    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
Fabio T wrote:
Here are the pmodemdiag files from various Fluppy Version
Thank You for the effort.
Hope this helps.


jemimah wrote:
Fabio T wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Fabio T wrote:
In version 011, Fluppy can't recognize my HSDPA interface Option code 7601 built-in in my laptop.
Perhaps any fault on USB drivers?
Fluppy from 008 to 010 (kernel 2.6.34.x) is the unique Puppy that can see that HSDPA interface (other Puppies can't read this interface starting from Kernel version 2.6.31.x).
I am using my laptop (SONY VAIO TT46XG) for tavelling, this feature is necessary for me.
Thank for the efforts in this build.


Can you run pmodemdiag the working one and fluppy011 and post the results?

It's possible to replace the kernel if necessary.


i have tried this, following this thread:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60180&search_id=1735205608

This method works fine for me.

The older kernel (2.6.34.x) works OK in detecting my HSDPA internal modem.

HARDINFO in the USB section can see and explain modem features.

Thanks you Jemimah for this young beautiful Puppy.,


I still need the pmodemdiag output if so I can figure out what might be wrong with 2.6.35. Maybe some firmware is out of date.


I don't see any messages refering to the modem here in the 2.6.34 version. Was the modem plugged in when you made these?


Yes, modem is built-in the laptop, is recognized as ttyUSB9 by wvdial. Only in 2.6.34.7 kernel.
And in 2.6.30.5 kernel.
In the attachment the image of USB devices from HARDINFO

Thanks
screen.png
Description 
png

 Download 
Filename  screen.png 
Filesize  145.38 KB 
Downloaded  264 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 2377
Location: Queensland

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb 2011, 22:02    Post subject:
Subject description: rt2870sta
 

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
I'm having a problem getting the network running using a rt2870sta wireless usb dongle, it works fine with Quirky 1.20 and lucid 5.2, in quirky I load the rt2870sta driver and lucid finds it automatically, in fluppy no matter what I do even manually loading it I can't get it to fire a shot, I did a diagnostic here are the results.


I see the problem. I'll try to fix it for the next release.


I have the drivers on cd that came with the dongle if there any use, the vendor id 0x148f , product id 0x3070.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 106 of 133 [1992 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, ..., 131, 132, 133 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.2864s ][ Queries: 12 (0.1871s) ][ GZIP on ]