Sound inop with 528

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Pelo

Sound inop with 528

#1 Post by Pelo »

So I have installed again lucid 525 which is running everything without adding any pet. It's strange that a newer issue works worse than the previous.
Perhaps you have cut down something which you should have not ! Is my english understood ?
Au revoir.

playdayz

Re: Sound inop with 528

#2 Post by playdayz »

Pelo wrote:So I have installed again lucid 525 which is running everything without adding any pet. It's strange that a newer issue works worse than the previous.
Perhaps you have cut down something which you should have not ! Is my english understood ?
Au revoir.
Yes Pelo, your English c'est bon, much better than my French! It is unfortunate but sometimes a newer version does not work as well as a previous version for some people. Lucid 5.2.8 updated the alsa components, which control the sound, from 1.21 to 1.24, which is probably the cause of the problem. You might try using the latest version of lupu-528.004 if you haven't already, from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70855 You might also try Menu -> Setup -> ALSA Sound Wizard, Some people think 5.2.5 was the best version of Lucid.

Pelo

sound inop with 528

#3 Post by Pelo »

Well, well, eh bien tant pis. I shall use another one. But notice that 528 is the only distro among recent ones which does not work sound.
I will try again to repair that. It's a challenge. I will inform you if I succeed.
In France, weather is awful !
Have nice days where you are ( australia, usa, elsewhere...)
Pelo

Pelo

2014 : everything works fine with Lucids 3.0.25

#4 Post by Pelo »

LTS : long time support. That is true. A classical now.
Attachments
reseau.jpg
Modules 3.0.25 make wireless connexion easy
(70.24 KiB) Downloaded 272 times