Netgear WG111 (USB wireless Adapter) works (with WPA-Enc.).

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Nano

Netgear WG111 (USB wireless Adapter) works (with WPA-Enc.).

#1 Post by Nano »

Hi,

i just managed to get my Wireless-LAN working with puppy :D .
I couldn't test it with WAG, because i need a WPA encryption key.
Made a Linux-driver with ndiswrapper with the Wireless Setup Wizard. (Only perl.pup worked for me not peal-mini.pup!).
Then loaded the wpasupplicant ( http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.p ... hlight=wpa )
I just followed the information in the Readme-File to get the network up and running.

Note : There are different Hardware-Versions of the WG111. My serial-number starts with :WG72xxxx. I cant tell if other versions will work.

CU
Nano

P.S. puppy 1.07

CurDeusHomo

#2 Post by CurDeusHomo »

I have the same USB wireless adapter and have only gotten it to work with Windows and Knoppix on my old laptop (see signature). I have tried several times to get it to work with Puppy, to no success. I use WEP alone with a Motorola SBG900 wireless gateway. I looked at the stuff you mentioned and, as a fairly newbie Linux guy, found it confusing. I have Perl and have successfully follwed Pup's wireless wizard ndiswrapper instructions with the INF provided with the adapter: netwg111/inf

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Compaq Armada 1700, PII, 266 MHz, 288 MB RAM, 3.5 GB HD, Puppy 1.0.6 Kernel 2.4.29, IceWM, installed on HD

Nano

#3 Post by Nano »

i am sorry but i cant test the wep encryption :(
if you only use wep encyption you dont need to use the "wpasupplicant" i mentioned above. it should all work with the wireless wizard.
maybe you could post a question about this in the "beginners"-forum or look into posts that deal with wireless questions in common.

good luck
Nano

CurDeusHomo

#4 Post by CurDeusHomo »

Thanks, I try that once I get Puppy to see my gateway via USB.
Compaq Armada 1700, PII, 266 MHz, 288 MB RAM, 3.5 GB HD, Puppy 1.0.6 Kernel 2.4.29, IceWM, installed on HD