Although a bit unconventional this group produces some quite useful file handling tools,
- Particularly Graphic Workshop Pro v3 (v4 anoucement in newsletter to debut shortly)
- Within a free download - is a help reference - (referenc.htm) that explains much about how to best use and understand Graphic formats.
- I once asked if they were going to support Linux, recently they announced this.
as an aside - It would be so wonderful if someone could implement this package as a Pet install, for it is really valuable for my web work.
[quote]First Page of HELP index (my ***)
Graphic Workshop Professional embodies a great deal of functionality for managing and manipulating graphic images. It's unlikely that you'll find uses for absolutely everything Graphic Workshop knows how to do. It's more unlikely still that you'll want to try to learn everything there is to know about Graphic Workshop in a single session.
*** This document is an encyclopedic reference for all the functions of Graphic Workshop.
If you have not already done so, please read the Introduction and Tutorial document installed with Graphic Workshop. It will walk you through the basic operation of the software and provide you with step by step procedures for performing the most common tasks that Graphic Workshop is called upon to do.
Note that throughout this document you will encounter references to configuring Graphic Workshop and using the Setup dialog. The configuration options and the Setup dialog are discussed in detail in the Configuration document.
* Alpha Channels
* Associating File Types with Graphic Workshop
* Browser Windows
* Configure EXE Pictures
* Configure Screen Savers
* Contact Sheets – Printed Graphic Catalogs
* Drag and Drop
* Folder Management
* Get Information
* GIF Construction Set UltraLight
* Hardware and Software Requirements
* Identifying Mystery Files
* Matt and Frame
* Moving and Copying Files
* Multiple Image Formats
* Rename / Sequential Rename
* Resource Extractor
* Screen Capture
* Secret Screens
* Selecting Files
* Slide Show
* System Information
* Textures and Fractals
* Thumbnail Database
* Tool Bar
* Transform (Resize, Flip and Rotate)
* Upgrade Manager
* View and Filters
* Web Gallery
* Window Menu [/quote]