Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 02 Oct 2014, 06:52
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
If No Home Button in Seamonkey Drives you NUTS!
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
DaveS

PostPosted: Thu 06 May 2010, 13:23    Post_subject:  If No Home Button in Seamonkey Drives you NUTS!  

If you like to run Seamonkey without a menu to maximise viewing area like this:

or without the personal tool bar and it drives you crazy not having a 'Home' button available (me), here is how to fix it:

Start Seamonkey and load your Homepage. Highlight the address from the address bar, and copy it to the clipboard.

Next, type about:config into the address box and hit 'enter'. You will be presented with the hidden configuration file for Seamonkey. You MIGHT get a warning box to 'OK' out of on the way.

Scroll down and look for the entry: Browser.Throbber.url. It will look like this:

Double click on this entry and you will be given the option to change this to anything you want. Just copy in your homepage address from the clipboard. In my example, you can see I have set it as my speedial.

Restart Seamonkey and now clicking on the throbber graphic, which is at the far right end of the toolbar will take you to your homepage.

Job done!

Makoto

PostPosted: Thu 06 May 2010, 15:07    Post_subject:  

There's one or two extensions around that'll add a Home button to the Mozilla Suite/Seamonkey toolbar. I was using one with Mozilla Suite, a while back... I'll see if I can find the one I was using, or another one.

Here's one that I found a link to on this forum: http://www.ironspider.ca/install/moz/home_0.7.xpi

Not sure if it works with SM1. All my other searches are turning up dead links. Haven't tried addons.mozilla.org yet, though.

I probably have a copy of the original extension somewhere, but I'd have to go digging for it. Sad

Edited_time_total
DaveS

PostPosted: Thu 06 May 2010, 15:12    Post_subject:  

I was unable to find one, but would be glad to hear if you do...
Makoto

PostPosted: Thu 06 May 2010, 15:17    Post_subject:  

Did you try the one I linked to? (I edited the tags so that it's actually clickable - who knew an extra space at the end would invalidate the bbcode? Smile )
I checked whether or not it was a valid link before posting it - but I'm in Firefox at the moment, and my Seamonkey profile has been screwed up for some reason, so I haven't been able to check if it'll work in my SM1 setup. Sad

DaveS

PostPosted: Thu 06 May 2010, 15:27    Post_subject:  

Makoto wrote:
Did you try the one I linked to? (I edited the tags so that it's actually clickable - who knew an extra space at the end would invalidate the bbcode? Smile )
I checked whether or not it was a valid link before posting it - but I'm in Firefox at the moment, and my Seamonkey profile has been screwed up for some reason, so I haven't been able to check if it'll work in my SM1 setup. Sad

Yes......... brilliant! Great find. Whatever were the original devs thinking missing this..............

Makoto

PostPosted: Thu 06 May 2010, 15:59    Post_subject:  

I don't think I ever heard an explanation as to why they thought it would be a good idea to remove the Home button from the main toolbar. Smile

"You can add it to the Personal toolbar!" ...right, but I don't want it there. Laughing

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum