Macpup Opera 2.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
dolphinsupernova

Left-Handed Mouse

#31 Post by dolphinsupernova »

Hi Runtt21,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, I did use the Wizard Wizard to set up the left-handed mouse, so I don't understand why it keeps reverting. Do you have any other suggestions or theories that could shed some light?

Thanks,
Ade

runtt21

#32 Post by runtt21 »

dolphinsupernova try setting it in both puppy ( wizard wizard) and e17 menu/settings/settings panel/input/mouse settings.

omskates & songzi try using xvesa first, But I think you may need to boot it using acpi=force .

joel

#33 Post by joel »

Thanks for the reply runtt21, The issues with grunge and blue-eyes is they apply fine but no wallpaper shows, and I cannot add one manually it just has a white background. As for night bling the background shows, but nothing else. Plus with those themes I cannot change to a different theme after applying it. I did do a md5 check and all was fine. I guess I will have to just pass on those themes. As for the starup screens, they seem to all work, but intermittently. Sometimes applying sometimes not. The only one that has never worked was the moon OS sky one. I will fiddle some more tonight and report back with some screen shots if possible.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

omskates

#34 Post by omskates »

runtt21,

xvesa worked for me :oops: Never use it so didn't think to try :roll:

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this :D

nooby

#35 Post by nooby »

runtt21 wrote:dolphinsupernova try setting it in both puppy ( wizard wizard) and e17 menu/settings/settings panel/input/mouse settings.

omskates & songzi try using xvesa first, But I think you may need to boot it using acpi=force .
Thanks Runt First thing first. Thanks indeed for the latest version. Looks great and the Enlight thing looks impressive indeed.

My 80 year old neighbor needed the acpi=force on his machine to shut it down.

He did not get any English in education so he asks me if there is no such linux talking Swedish to him.

Some do but they fail to use his 228MB RAM they say it is too small to use for Ubuntu and Linux Mint try another distro they tells us. I try to help him.

To my big surprise your Macpup does have many words in Swedish on some menu but not all.

How can I add those he need to be in Swedish?

Another thing.

You did not make use of the SNS that modern pups have.

I guess such is need here at our compartment due to we lose connection each 30 minutes using the older ways to keep internet.

I guess we need something named DHCPCD and not just dhcp, how can I add that one?

I installed a Firefox pet so now it has both. :) All are happy.

You get your Opera and I get my Firefox. Yes I have used it since 2003 or so. I still prefer FF
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

joel

#36 Post by joel »

And as an aide, is there anyway to install additional modules? I know there is a trash one, but its asking me to download via svn, and I have no clue what that is or how to use it.

joel

#37 Post by joel »

By jove Ive figured one problem out. I hope this helps if anyone else is having this issue. What was wrong is I often like to rename themes and such, to a proper title and clean up some of the text. Just a personal quirk but usually its ok. However when it come to WM and startup themes with enlightenment not so. The issue was that if you have both a startup theme and regular theme named the same then when you go to apply theme e17 doesnt know which one you mean so by default applied the WM one. So Basically say you have both a startup and WM theme named "Wood.edj" e17 tries to apply the wood window theme as the start up theme. So the simple fix is to change the name of the startup theme from the old "Wood.edj" to something like "WoodStartup.edj". Fixed the issue in a jiff. I noticed since many of the WM themes are related to the startup themes I had named them the same since in logic they go together. But alas...

Also it does not matter what folder they are in. Even though "Wood.edj" was in /.e/e/themes/, and the other was "Wood.edj" was in /usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/, e17 still reverted to which ever one was in /.e/e/themes/. Since I dont have a "WoodStartup.edj" in /.e/e/themes it stays set at the "WoodStartup.edj" in /usr/share/enlightenment/themes.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

nooby

#38 Post by nooby »

Have any of you good experience of getting Spotify going in Macpup?

I have to test more and write down what happens.

I failed to do the set run action so wine would not to start up spotify.exe

I know it is me that fails but my neighbor don't know how to get it going either.

dolphinsupernova

left-handed mouse

#39 Post by dolphinsupernova »

Thanks runtt21, I shall give your suggestions a try,

Ade

runtt21

#40 Post by runtt21 »

omskates , I love xvesa I use it all the time.

Joel ,Dont take this the wrong way But That's Funny !!! :lol:

Let me explain about the extra modules, the stuff in the svn right now is for the .063 build of e17 . O2's version is .061 . The new stuff wont run in it because of differences in ecore,evas,eet & enia .I built .063 but it is very unstable in puppy linux. I will see if I have an older version of trash and compile it for you But if I dont your out of luck on that one.

nooby , The fact that the menus and stuff are setting up in different languages is a complete surprise to me . I know it's because of the way this pup was built. It isnt a remaster , I rebuilt the pup-431.sfs and added all the extra stuff to it. The Only thing that is preconfigured is the e17 desktop. Everything on the puppy side is plain 4.3.1 the only parts of that that where changed are the stuff that e17 needs to work . The core system,video drivers and stuff are the same , If 4.3.1 has something O2 has it also, If it doesn't O2 doesn't. When you boot it up its a fresh puppy 4.3.1 with a different desktop that's all. When you start opera or gimp , they start just like they would if you just installed the .pet and started it up the first. I have no idea how to change the other stuff that isn't in your language,Sorry.
I have never used wine I will be unable to help you with that.

dolphinsupernova, you may need to use xvesa also if that doesn't work.

runtt21

#41 Post by runtt21 »

nooby ,One thing that you can do is rename the stuff the you have on the ibar. It's not hard but it will involve several steps .

If you can find a fix for you modem in the 4.3.1 bug thread or anywhere else on the forum just install it.
Last edited by runtt21 on Mon 26 Apr 2010, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

runtt21

#42 Post by runtt21 »

Today is a good day , we are back in the top 10 at Distrowatch !!!
Attachments
operaday2.jpg
(29.82 KiB) Downloaded 1454 times

dolphinsupernova

left-handed mouse

#43 Post by dolphinsupernova »

Thanks runtt21, I shall give this a go on a fresh install later in the week, otherwise am very pleased with O2.

At the end of the day this issue is not a deal breaker as I shall probably install it on my ancient laptop anyway and not bother too much about the mouse config.

Thanks,
Ade

runtt21

#44 Post by runtt21 »

omskates

#45 Post by omskates »

Using xvesa with good x set up, booting acpi=force. Sets up a pup_save for me but either doesn't save settings or doesn't catch the pup_save on reboot. This happens with and without acpi=force. Do I need to change another boot parameter?
**EDIT** Solved, I'm OK now :D
Last edited by omskates on Tue 27 Apr 2010, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

nooby

#46 Post by nooby »

Thanks Runt
so the Swedish has to be some Enlightenment thing added free of charge. Even you did not do anything to make it there?

Anyway my 80 year old neighbor like the graphics.

omskates

#47 Post by omskates »

omskates wrote: I noticed the individual desktops are assigned 0,0 and 0,1 etc. Can I set specific applications to launch to only one desktop specifically assigned. Such as Opera opens on desktop 0,0 and switches to that desktop on launch. This is nice for small 10" screens etc.
I was messing around with configurations and found these:

Settings >> Windows >> Window Display >> *tick* "Auto switch to desktop of new window."

Place your chosen application onto the virtual desktop that will become it's permanent home. Maximize it and drag beyond any shelves if you wish. Right click title bar >> More >> Remember >> Advanced >> *tick* "Window name and class" >> *tick* "Virtual Desktop", "Fullscreen state" or "position & size" if not fullscreen >> Apply >> Close

Have the window settings open your browser fullscreen without borders on its own desktop to maximize screen real estate.

If you have a 10" screen or smaller you can add more virtual desktops with E17 and assign favorite apps to open in their home desktops either fullscreen or sharing with others in whatever size/position you want. Set shelves to autohide. Recommend launch specific shelves to be placed on sides.

Also if you have opened several small puppy apps at the same time (many don't need or use fullscreen at all) go to Main >> Windows >> Cleanup Windows and you get a smart arrangement.

russoodle

Congrats and another mirror..

#48 Post by russoodle »

Hi Runtt, Prit..

Congratulations on another well-received release...nice to read that good review and see this pup on the up-and-up at Distrowatch - when i looked just now, it's at #6, with 1126 downloads just from there, so that must be pretty encouraging :D

Mirror for this tail-wagger: http://meownplanet.net/puppylinuxstuff/ ... Opera2.iso + MD5 link, default image etc. on my Macpups page.

User: puppy and Password: linux required to d/l from my site, as usual.

Cheers!
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

songzi

#49 Post by songzi »

runtt21 wrote:dolphinsupernova try setting it in both puppy ( wizard wizard) and e17 menu/settings/settings panel/input/mouse settings.

using xvesa works for me. thanks.
btw, I am booting directly from the usb stick. how can I set booting with acpi=force?

nooby

#50 Post by nooby »

songzi wrote:
btw, I am booting directly from the usb stick. how can I set booting with acpi=force?

You can while booted up click on the SDx icon to open it up.
Depending on which program that made it the boot program is lilo or grub lagacy or grub4DOS and you find a Dir there that says boot and in that one another saying grub and in that one you have menu.lst and it looks a bit like this
title Elive Normal Mode
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30.9-elive-686 boot=eli quiet vga=788 resolution acpi=force
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.30.9-elive-686
If it is lilo or isolinux or some other you have to ask them if they also accept acpi=force