Macpup Opera 2.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Lobster
Official Crustacean

#256 Post by Lobster »

Am I right that Macpup based on Lucid 5.1.1 (5.2 should be out soon) comprises mainly of E17, theming, Opera and wbar?

Some of these are available as pets - so we could have a 'macify' script?

I am sure there is more to Macpup
- just to say it looks stunning and to wish you every success in building the new version :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

runtt21

#257 Post by runtt21 »

First let me say that I am very honored that you would post a comment in one of our threads.Thank you very much !!

Yes , the next macpup is based on 5.1.1 . The one after this may use 5.2 that depends on when the next release of e17 comes out. Because of 5.1.1 size (130mb)and that fact that all of the extra stuff that we usually put in like opera,firefox or gimp is so easy to install from quickpet that I am leaving them out of this release. We want to keep our pups under 200 mb. Right now the alpha is 212 , cause it has 10 themes(50mb) so the final will only have 2 or 3 themes.I dont know if that theme MPLG2 will be included but all of the new theme will be available as .pets.
I still have to fix some things and add a few things from the devx so that edje_cc will work correctly. And add support for switching back to icewm or jwm ( At some point in the near future I am getting rid of both of them.) My goal for Macpup is to be a pure e17 pup.
It has been more than six months since O2 came out and for us that is forever.I am ready to get a new one going.I have had a very frustrating summer. I compiled the last four snapshots of e in 4.3.1 and all of them where unstable.I spent so much time and effort trying to get one of them to stabilize and failed .I tried everything I could think up and got no where.I was really starting to think I had run out of road. This pup gets the macpup project back up and running again.And it isn't hard for me to look forward a little to see Fox 4 but that is for later.

We stopped using wbar the same time we started using e17. What you see in the shot is just a shelf with the pager,ibox,ibar, and some of the gadgets. This pup will have itask-ng , you can see a shot of it a few pages back. it dosen't have any issues with different backgrounds on different desktops but It is not as customizable as the ibar .

I don't have any plains to release my builds of e17 by themselves.All of my work goes into macpup.
Last edited by runtt21 on Wed 20 Oct 2010, 00:37, edited 3 times in total.

runtt21

#258 Post by runtt21 »

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#259 Post by Lobster »

Thanks for your kind words.
I don't have any plains to release my builds of e17 by themselves. All of my work goes into macpup.
I wanted to mention Macpup to the notorious atheist, manic depressive Mac user (no connection) and open source advocate Stephen Fry, so I wished to be better educated.
http://youtu.be/hjFahtRxgd4

It is a long time since I tried Macpup.

Sad to hear of your difficulties.
In some ways a woof built Macpup might be the answer.
Also breaking Macpup into modules or components that help other projects
encourages and inspires the whole of the community.

Puppy Linux
Job done
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

runtt21

#260 Post by runtt21 »

Also breaking Macpup into modules or components
I dont like that idea at all.Sorry.I have been working on the e17 puppy combo for almost 2 years. I have put alot of time and effort into making that combo work. Macpup is the medium I chose to share that work with the linux community not just this forum. I am not trying to fuss with you ,it's just the way I see it.

Dragynn

#261 Post by Dragynn »

runtt21 wrote:
Yes , the next macpup is based on 5.1.1 . The one after this may use 5.2 that depends on when the next release of e17 comes out. Because of 5.1.1 size (130mb)and that fact that all of the extra stuff that we usually put in like opera,firefox or gimp is so easy to install from quickpet that I am leaving them out of this release.
This i've been waiting for, very much looking forward to trying your new release! I must confess, i'm an Iron fan, so i'll probably be loading the excellent version from the repo, it should be a blast to run, thank you!
"Where people wish to attach, they should always be ignorant. To come with a well-informed mind is to come with an inability of administering to the vanity of others which a sensible person would always wish to avoid."
~Jane Austen

runtt21

#262 Post by runtt21 »

I will start testing the "beta" This weekend. The new .iso size is 174 mb, much better. :D

And just to let everyone know when we do release the next pup ,the announcement will be on our forum first.

http://hardkap.net/forums/

runtt21

#263 Post by runtt21 »

Just about done. Looks like the final size will be around 188 mb. That's cool. Prit1 gets the "RC" for a few days for some QC. Then our buds get it.If everybody likes it , we will turn it loose.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#264 Post by Lobster »

I dont like that idea at all
8) Understood. Each developer works according to their idea. :)
I would like to see the enlightenment environment as one of the components of Lucid 5.2. Maybe someone will like that idea . . .

Good luck with your latest efforts. From the screen shots Macpup is one of our most beautiful current puplets. 8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

runtt21

#265 Post by runtt21 »

Macpup is one of our most beautiful current puplets
Thank you ,Sir.
I must confess, i'm an Iron fan
Yes I like that version also.I may have to make an animated icon for Iron after the next release.

runtt21

#266 Post by runtt21 »

Update: I am adding some customizations to the .iso so The Final I built is not the final any more.We will be pushing the release back a little.

runtt21

#267 Post by runtt21 »

While I am waiting on the new .iso to get to Prit I overhauled one of Agust new themes...

omskates

#268 Post by omskates »

ITaskNG working in MacPup?! That's super cool :D Can't wait to see the final release.

runtt21

#269 Post by runtt21 »

Yes , Itaskng and "everything" are working....

smellyman

#270 Post by smellyman »

runtt21 wrote:Update: I am adding some customizations to the .iso so The Final I built is not the final any more.We will be pushing the release back a little.
Does the big E announcement change anything?

http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=ne ... news_id=25

runtt21

#271 Post by runtt21 »

Does the big E announcement change anything?

Nope.

I am on their mailing list and they are having a ton of problems with that .They should not have rolled that out.Raster didn't do the snapshot.

smellyman

#272 Post by smellyman »

That's good. Bring on the new Macpup....

runtt21

#273 Post by runtt21 »

It's not on the web site yet But it will be soon ,Announcement is on the way . Give prit a chance.....

BUT YOU CAN SEE IT NOW ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qXwQBc-5mQ

smellyman

#274 Post by smellyman »

Sneeky with the sneek peek. :)

Looks great. Cant wait to load it up. Macpup is the only distro that can make my old laptop with a crappy screen shiny again.

Noname

#275 Post by Noname »

Looks fantastic. Great work as always!!