Macpup Opera 2.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
runtt21

#241 Post by runtt21 »

Here is the first look at the "beta" snapshot, could be the next macpup if they don't drop the final version soon.I have compiled lots of extra modules like before and Itask-ng is working very well .I will show it off in the next sneak-peek. I am running the EFM file manager and my about theme window. This is the fourth snapshot of e that I have built since opera2 was released and the first stable one. So far I am very happy with it.

runtt21

#242 Post by runtt21 »

Itask-ng , I haven't had a seg-fault yet.Not saying it can't happen But It hasn't yet doing the stuff that caused it to fault before. :D

runtt21

#243 Post by runtt21 »

Development Update: I have built two new themes and rebuilt seven others to work with the beta snapshot. ( A-Special-Macpup,Wood5,MPBling,KDMP, MPFresh, MPHumanity,MPLight) Older themes like grunge,night bling,imago-macpup etc are going to be very difficult to update. I have also updated almost all of the animated icons. I haven't had any issues with this build of e so far. So this weekend I will start building the next macpup. :D

cgt_1991

#244 Post by cgt_1991 »

runtt21 hello, I'm glad that fence and out the next macpup.
what he meant was if we all macpup users (especially you) could do a complete guide which tells how to install and customize themes, add icons, shortcuts, wallpapers, gadgets, additional shelfs, configure e17, etc; as the information of e17 on the internet is very limited and confusing for beginners.

thank you very much and Excuse me by my English language

runtt21

#245 Post by runtt21 »

:lol: " (especially you)" , You make me feel like I'm in some sort of trouble. :lol:

A complete guide for the set up and use of e17 would need to be it's own thread. There is alot to cover in that .I could see that taking some time and need lots of screenshots. Maybe after the next release. That would be useful for everybody , elive,pclinuxos,moonos, etc.

cgt_1991

#246 Post by cgt_1991 »

runtt21 hello, I'm glad you have it in mind though that takes time is a help to those who until now started in the world of enlightenment.

thank you very much

adXok

#247 Post by adXok »

Hi runtt21,
do you plan on rebuilding a new Macpup to support the new Puppy Meerkat or at least Puppy Lucid?

I know it is a diferent distro, with e17 as a environment but anyway I had to ask? I like it very much, very well designed and working really nice.

runtt21

#248 Post by runtt21 »

I am building the next pup on 5.1.1 . For some reason that I cant figure out E17 is stable in it. All of the builds of e that I have done in any of the 4XX puppys are not stable. I guess it has to do with the X11 libs but I can't find which ones. I have swapped all the ones I think are the issue in 4.3.1 and it still doesn't work.

runtt21

#249 Post by runtt21 »

The other new theme....

Brown Mouse

#250 Post by Brown Mouse »

Very nice indeed and really like the dark themes.
Apologies if this has been asked before but is there an icon that can be installed to indicate the size of the pupsave file?

runtt21

#251 Post by runtt21 »

I don't have a real time graphic display for a pupsave that could be added to the shelf or the ibar. The way to check that in o2 is with ttuuxxxview or with the resize personal storage option .That will show you how big the save file is and how much room is left. Both of those can be added to the ibar.

01micko

#252 Post by 01micko »

Hi runtt21

There is an e module that displays all the standard puppy tray apps, the name escapes me at the moment but it built ok and I was using it in one of my thousands of installations! (well it seems like thousands! :roll: ). I'll get back later on that one.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

runtt21

#253 Post by runtt21 »

01micko There are vast differences in the .061 snapshot that O2 uses and the recent builds. New modules wont run in older version of e . Enia,ecore,eet and edje have been overhauled big time.

The new systray will do all of that ,The old ones wont.
Attachments
systray.png
(7.41 KiB) Downloaded 1431 times

01micko

#254 Post by 01micko »

Oh, yes of course! I was using e out of SVN :oops:

Cheers!
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

runtt21

#255 Post by runtt21 »

Here is a look at the "alpha" build of the next macpup. Lots of stuff to do yet. This is mainly to see how the rebuild Lupu-511.sfs would work with this build of e17. Boots fine live, made pup-save , has worked fine for a few days now....

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#256 Post by Lobster »

Am I right that Macpup based on Lucid 5.1.1 (5.2 should be out soon) comprises mainly of E17, theming, Opera and wbar?

Some of these are available as pets - so we could have a 'macify' script?

I am sure there is more to Macpup
- just to say it looks stunning and to wish you every success in building the new version :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

runtt21

#257 Post by runtt21 »

First let me say that I am very honored that you would post a comment in one of our threads.Thank you very much !!

Yes , the next macpup is based on 5.1.1 . The one after this may use 5.2 that depends on when the next release of e17 comes out. Because of 5.1.1 size (130mb)and that fact that all of the extra stuff that we usually put in like opera,firefox or gimp is so easy to install from quickpet that I am leaving them out of this release. We want to keep our pups under 200 mb. Right now the alpha is 212 , cause it has 10 themes(50mb) so the final will only have 2 or 3 themes.I dont know if that theme MPLG2 will be included but all of the new theme will be available as .pets.
I still have to fix some things and add a few things from the devx so that edje_cc will work correctly. And add support for switching back to icewm or jwm ( At some point in the near future I am getting rid of both of them.) My goal for Macpup is to be a pure e17 pup.
It has been more than six months since O2 came out and for us that is forever.I am ready to get a new one going.I have had a very frustrating summer. I compiled the last four snapshots of e in 4.3.1 and all of them where unstable.I spent so much time and effort trying to get one of them to stabilize and failed .I tried everything I could think up and got no where.I was really starting to think I had run out of road. This pup gets the macpup project back up and running again.And it isn't hard for me to look forward a little to see Fox 4 but that is for later.

We stopped using wbar the same time we started using e17. What you see in the shot is just a shelf with the pager,ibox,ibar, and some of the gadgets. This pup will have itask-ng , you can see a shot of it a few pages back. it dosen't have any issues with different backgrounds on different desktops but It is not as customizable as the ibar .

I don't have any plains to release my builds of e17 by themselves.All of my work goes into macpup.
Last edited by runtt21 on Wed 20 Oct 2010, 00:37, edited 3 times in total.

runtt21

#258 Post by runtt21 »

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#259 Post by Lobster »

Thanks for your kind words.
I don't have any plains to release my builds of e17 by themselves. All of my work goes into macpup.
I wanted to mention Macpup to the notorious atheist, manic depressive Mac user (no connection) and open source advocate Stephen Fry, so I wished to be better educated.
http://youtu.be/hjFahtRxgd4

It is a long time since I tried Macpup.

Sad to hear of your difficulties.
In some ways a woof built Macpup might be the answer.
Also breaking Macpup into modules or components that help other projects
encourages and inspires the whole of the community.

Puppy Linux
Job done
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

runtt21

#260 Post by runtt21 »

Also breaking Macpup into modules or components
I dont like that idea at all.Sorry.I have been working on the e17 puppy combo for almost 2 years. I have put alot of time and effort into making that combo work. Macpup is the medium I chose to share that work with the linux community not just this forum. I am not trying to fuss with you ,it's just the way I see it.