Macpup Opera 2.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
paule

Flash player update?

#181 Post by paule »

I have been playing with Macpup Opera 2.0 and so far am really impressed. It seems to have solved some screen border issues I was having with Macpup Foxy. Having said that I prefer Firefox which I installed via pet. It seems to update to the latest version fine, but I cannot seem to find out how to update the Adobe Flashplayer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, Paul

runtt21

#182 Post by runtt21 »

paule

#183 Post by paule »

Thanks very much. This link takes you directly to the pet etc.

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/FlashPlayer

cheers, Paul

runtt21

#184 Post by runtt21 »

Updated version of the MP-Calm theme fixed the clock .I will have it uploaded in a while.

runtt21

#185 Post by runtt21 »

OK, the calm-02.pet is up on my macpup page , Enjoy.

cgt_1991

Additional supplements macpup O2

#186 Post by cgt_1991 »

runt21 hello, I love macpup, I wondered if you can install modules "iTask-ng" and "everything" via package "pet" in macpup O2, if it is not possible, I would like these modules come in the next macpup installed with the latest firefox :D

PS: When will the next macpup? please give us an approximate date :lol:
PDPD: forgive my English, I use google translator

I admire your work, and get well, thank you very much

runtt21

#187 Post by runtt21 »

Both Fox 3 and o2 have early version of everything but they dont do all the stuff the new one does. Just load "run everything" in the module setting panel. meun-settings-modules. It will add it to the main menu.

Most likely I will hold off on the next Foxy until they get firefox 4 ready for linux. I still have a lot to do before the next pup is released. I need to fix the new base.And I may have a stable version with .061 and a unstable version with .49898. I am not sure yet.

runtt21

#188 Post by runtt21 »

Thanks to GrumpyWolfe, we where able to run chrome in opera2.0 .

Use this version :

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=57385

And you may need this :

http://code.google.com/p/mywolfe/downlo ... t&can=2&q=

After install go to /opt/google/chrome in Rox and delete chrome-sandbox before running it.

paule

VLC???

#189 Post by paule »

Has anyone been able to get a version of VLC to work with MacPup Opera 2.0? I am finding some .FLV files which will not play in the version of gxine available in MPO 2.0. I have tried the various .pet's available, and so far no luck.

cheers, Paul

runtt21

#190 Post by runtt21 »

I use the one that ttuuxxx made :

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=31890

But it may not play your files. You may need to try an updated xine or mplayer. But I have had little luck with them before.

paule

#191 Post by paule »

Thanks for the reply. You are right, it doesn't play the files I am having trouble with. Hope someone makes an updated version available soon. Thanks for all your efforts.

cheers, Paul

joel

#192 Post by joel »

Hey runtt21,

I have tried to download and compile some extra modules, and all in all it went fine. Yet when I tried to load the modules I often get an error of "There was an error loading this module, The error was : /us/lib/enlightenment/modules/module_name/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-02/module.so : undefined symbol. Would you like to unload this module?"

I get this for most modules or gadgets that compile correctly and shows up in the menu. Of all that compiled right (most of them) only one would actually load (the memory gadget). Do you have any idea why it says "undefined symbol"? After days of scouring the internet I can find an answer to what this even means , and how to remedy it.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

runtt21

#193 Post by runtt21 »

The extra modules that are in the SVN right now need all the new extra stuff that is in ecore,evas,efreet.enia & edje. They also need lua and pam . The version of those libs that are in O2 dont have everything that they need to run. They will compile cause the build scripts will run but when you load them the support stuff isnt there. Like I said I have all of the extra modules working in the latest snapshot but ecore and evas are so unstable now its almost useless.

joel

#194 Post by joel »

ah i see. That make sense, I had not thought about the build scripts being different from the installed dependencies. I thought it checked for those. Well regadless thanks again, there's that mystery solved.

runtt21

#195 Post by runtt21 »

I tried coping over the new version of the libs cause they are svn-ver-6 to get the new "everything" to run in o2 but even the core parts of evas, enia and ecore are different.

joel

#196 Post by joel »

Ive always wondered why enlightenment newer versions of things break and or arent compatible with older versions. Do they rewrite everything each time? Dont you think that when they get something made and stable they should just leave it? I dont know Im not very well versed in programing and all but it seems odd, maybe this is why its been 10 years and still not a completed version of E17. I still love it though

runtt21

#197 Post by runtt21 »

Joel,"Ive always wondered why enlightenment newer versions of things break and or arent compatible with older versions."

I got an email yesterday, I am on the E17 mailing list, any way Cedric BAIL posted this :" I just rewrote Edje file format. It should already be an improvement
in memory layout, load time and maybe during calculation too over
previous file format, but with time it should enable more
optimization."

This will cause all kinds of theme problems I'm sure.

On A more positive note, July 24 ,2009 we released macpup opera 061. It charted at Distrowatch on Aug. 2 2009. More than a year later we are still on the chart (last seven days list) Top 100. A Full year without dropping off once !!! :D

joel

Its a bird, its a tardis, nope just the Doctor.

#198 Post by joel »

Hmm yea there could be more issues, ah well it'll get sorted. You know Runtt21 I never knew a MacPup forum was set up until yesterday. I'll have to get on that. Oh and Ive been messing around again. I have one more contribution. Its a heavy wallpaper (expect 100% CPU) but I made it merely as a test. My friend asked if i could make one that looked good. So here you go. Its an animated wallpaper with each of the 12 opening sequences from Doctor Who which shift from one to the other. Hope some of you all like it.

As always just unpack to /root/.e/e/backgrounds/

joel

Gnomes!

#199 Post by joel »

One and one more this time Gnomes!

runtt21

#200 Post by runtt21 »

Check this out , Some dude is selling a computer on ebay with Opera 2.0 pre-installed. It's got 4 days left :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMachine-Etower-500 ... 0548533398

I guess I should get off my lazy b*&t and build a new one.....