Puppy P2P file sharing - Bittorrent tracker

Using applications, configuring, problems
klu9

new torrent for Hacao 2.16 Pro

#46 Post by klu9 »

due to issue with the tracker for the previous Hacao torrent, I've decided to make a new Hacao torrent on LinuxTracker.
  • link deleted
Anyone who already has Hacao, please help seed this new torrent, whose tracker should (hopefully) be more reliable.

klu9

LinuxTracker trashed everything

#47 Post by klu9 »

well, LinuxTracker trashed all existing torrents and user accounts, with no warning whatsoever.

so I'll be posting Puppy torrents on The Pirate Bay for the near future; if someone wants to cross post those to LinuxTracker or elsewhere, fine.

Here's the new torrent for Hacao:
Hacao 216 Pro page @ The Pirate Bay
Hacao_Linux_2.16_Pro.iso.torrent

klu9

#48 Post by klu9 »

Torrents for Puppy Manuals from puppy-linux.info

3.01 - English
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4006345/

3.01 - español
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4006839/

3.01 - italiano
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4006861/

klu9

PCPuppyOS 3.01 RC5 torrent

#49 Post by klu9 »

Here's a torrent for the latest release candidate of PCPuppyOS, 3.01 RC5:

Page for PCPuppyOS 3.01 RC5 torrent on The Pirate Bay

Direct link to PCPuppyOS 3.01 RC5 torrent

Folks,
  • If you don't have PCPuppyOS yet, get it with the torrent.
  • If you have it already, help others get it by downloading and running the torrent and choosing the ISO's existing location on your hard drive as the "Save... " location. That's called "seeding".
  • If you have RC4, find & download the xdelta patch

klu9

#50 Post by klu9 »

klu9

fat-free 3.01

#51 Post by klu9 »

Evil20071

#52 Post by Evil20071 »

If you don't mind doing so, i have an account with Demonoid and could easily mirror those torrents there with the addition of the Demonoid .txt file to the original file list. That way they'd be on multiple trackers. ;)
More networks can also help increase speed. :D
[url=http://totalelectronics.us]TotalElectronics.us[/url]

april

Getting trackers

#53 Post by april »

I have been having a bit of trouble getting stuff from thepiratebay lately. It does not seem to give any trackers and I have been copying them from wherever and putting a list in each torrent at the start.

Anybody else getting this ? I see the co-founder was arrested in Bangkock a month or so ago but the article did not make clear what for.

Anyone know whats happening

Galbi

#54 Post by Galbi »

Remember: [b][i]"pecunia pecuniam parere non potest"[/i][/b]

bark_bark_bark

Re: Getting trackers

#55 Post by bark_bark_bark »

april wrote:I have been having a bit of trouble getting stuff from thepiratebay lately. It does not seem to give any trackers and I have been copying them from wherever and putting a list in each torrent at the start.

Anybody else getting this ? I see the co-founder was arrested in Bangkock a month or so ago but the article did not make clear what for.

Anyone know whats happening
He was arrested (kidnapped, actually) in Bangkok for doing nothing that was illegal (and he did nothing morally wrong).

Two major free and open trackers went down recently. openbittorrent and publicbt. It is confimed that the domain for publicbt of them was owned by the one that was kidnapped in Bangkok. you can use its IP address until the situation with the domain is resolved. I don't know what to say about openbittorrent.

april

#56 Post by april »

Seems like its all over the place . Some work some don't even load via Tor. They are having a good old hit at them this time . Anyone know any more?

s243a

#57 Post by s243a »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I've uploaded a bunch of iso's of puppylinux to freenet here:
freenet/s243a-pearltrees/../UploadedPuppylinuxISOs.html

and also some pets that work with precise 5.7.1 and likely similar versions such as tahrpup here:

freenet/s243a-pearltrees/.../32BIt-Upup_Pets.html

These freenet links will work if you have the freenet proxy set to:
http://127.0.0.1:8888

this is the default setting.

april

#58 Post by april »

So where do you get a d/l for linux - puppy?

s243a

#59 Post by s243a »

april wrote:So where do you get a d/l for linux - puppy?
I answered this question here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 5&start=15

april

#60 Post by april »

I'm wondering if this thread is really relevent any more . It relates to 2005/2007 stuff mostly and has little application now it seems . Perhaps it should be archived to make room for current stuff ?

Oh s243a........if you are going to put a link in make it clickable and save the buggering around .http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 5&start=15

Mike Walsh

#61 Post by Mike Walsh »

april wrote:I'm wondering if this thread is really relevent any more . It relates to 2005/2007 stuff mostly and has little application now it seems . Perhaps it should be archived to make room for current stuff ?
Definitely not relevant here in the UK any more. The UK gov't, together with the national ISPs, has for the last 2-3 years been coming down like a ton of bricks on P2P sites (including, most definitely, The Pirate Bay.) I don't think it's been accessible for something like the last 18 months-2 yrs that I know of (and that includes any kind of proxy 'workarounds'.) They've all been systematically targeted and killed, due to some of the big corporations who are in bed with high-up officialdom moaning and bitching that it's killing their profits..... :roll:

Mike. :wink:

april

#62 Post by april »

Hmm thats unfortunate for you and you should fight against it . We still enjoy the pirate bay , torrent hound etc here in Australia and there is a lot of good use for point to point file transfer . Its a legal legitimate file transfer system and nobody should have a right to try to stop it.

They are out there trying to stop you but why ? If they don't like the material that is available then they should go for the source , not the users . Exactly the same as drug use , they go for where the easy targets are for the easy money they can make.

Why not join in the fight to keep it . Won't have it in today's horrifically regulated society if you won't fight for it. Terrorism laws are starting to be used for other purposes now as is the way with all laws imposed on society without general discussion.

Mike Walsh

#63 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hey, april.

I'd better correct my assertion! I've just been doing a bit of research, and it appears that there are still workable proxies for 'the 'Bay'. They just keep changing on a regular basis, that's all.....so you need to keep on top of things, and keep reviewing what is working, and what ain't... :lol:

Mike. :wink:

april

#64 Post by april »

Goodo Mike You must be just down the road from "King's Landing"

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Kings_Landing

URL note :- You will have to add the apostrophe in" King's" as this old program won't let me put it in the link

friTTe

#65 Post by friTTe »

Talking of trackers, its still legal to download legal stuff?
Linux isos, they cant just cut off that aswell or am i wrong?

Anyhow, Linuxtracker is awesome but already know about that one.
Im modding some from time to time there, i think the bossman and Distrowatch are working together now so all new from Distrowatch is transferred to Linuxtracker.

Puppy page just need some updating, last release is kinda old :D
And we can always grab a seedbox, i use to have that some months from time to time, its per month so no biggie.
5bucks ish, depending on host and size