Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 21 Dec 2014, 16:59
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
GAdmin OpenVPN Client
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
robwoj44

PostPosted: Mon 19 Apr 2010, 15:17    Post_subject:  GAdmin OpenVPN Client
Sub_title: Frontend for the OpenVPN client

http://gadmintools.flippedweb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=40
GAdmin-OpenVPN-Client is an easy to use frontend for the OpenVPN client. It handles multiple connections and can import exported connection setup packages from the GADMIN-OpenVPN-Server.

The dependencies:
Of course OpenVPN client from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=2077556006&t=30390
gadmin-openvpn-client-0.1.1-i486.pet
Description  Gadmin OpenVPN client
pet

Download 
Filename  gadmin-openvpn-client-0.1.1-i486.pet 
Filesize  54.45 KB 
Downloaded  1263 Time(s) 
eowens2

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul 2011, 15:00    Post_subject: Trouble with Gadmin OpenVPN Client  

Is anyone using GAdmin OpenVPN Client to connect to a commercial VPN server such as StrongVPN?

I have been trying to connect to StrongVPN using GAdmin-OpenVPN-Client, but the program seems to have a predilection to connect to GAdmin_OpenVPN-Server rather than alternate servers.

After manually inputting server address and port number, I was able to import Cert, Ca.cert, Key and TA.key files as supplied to me by StrongVPN.

But when I try to activate the connection, I get the error message "Import server certificates for the client settings first". When I look at the client configuration file, the imported values seem to be present.

I am able to connect to StrongVPN with network-manager-openvpn under Ubuntu, but I would rather use Puppy! I note that network-manager-openvpn_0.8 and network-manager-openvpn-genome_0.8 are listed in the ubuntu-lucid-universe repository in PPM. Will these work in Puppy with a menu entry and GUI?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum