Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 17 Sep 2014, 23:40
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Can someone help me by posting the pets ive made?
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
joel

PostPosted: Sun 11 Apr 2010, 20:10    Post subject:  Can someone help me by posting the pets ive made?
Subject description: Celestia, Xlockmore, Open Universe

Hey all, I am at the University of Nottingham studying for my MA, living in student apartments. The trouble is I have to use their horrible network which is god awful. It will not lend me access to any file hosting sites, and I cant post any pets to the forum because the security thinks a .pet is spyware. LOL! So I was wondering if some of the big wigs out there might let me send them my pets and post them for me.

Ive just made a few small things, an updated Celestia pet with some bug fixes, add-ons and higher res textures. Also a pet of Open Universe, some icon and WM themes, and a pet of xlockmore with a load more visualizations over regular xlock (some need GL). Also I added to the config GUI for the extra menu entries..

For the xlockmore I for the life of me couldnt get the locking to work right. It would not ask for a password, and if it was locked no password i knew of would unlock it. Therefore what I did is set it to -nolock permanently and then I found a nice script that a forum member made which automatically turns on xlock after a set time. This didnt work well for screen locking obviously, but it does work well as a screensaver.

If anyone can help me, or if you may know what I am missing with xlockmore please let me know. Smile

--Johl

raffy

PostPosted: Mon 12 Apr 2010, 05:14    Post subject: compress  

Compress the pet as gz or tar.gz and see if it can be uploaded.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to: