Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Oct 2014, 09:36
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Official 4.3.2
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 21 of 31 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, ..., 29, 30, 31 Next
abushcrafter

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 12:13    Post_subject: Update  

version=1.9.3 (Current)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=46174
I have successfully ripped 2 CDs into flac.
scsijon

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 20:21    Post_subject: 4.3.2v3.0 - first problem - video / Keyboard works prothough  

Ok, downloaded and installed the v3.0 iso on a fresh part'n

Xorg works (4.3.1 didn't) but I can't see anywhere to tell it to use a slower frequency as my monitor is old and although suppose to be able to run at 68K/85hz it has a little bit of eht sqeel nowadays. I usually max it at 70hz. The Xvidtune program just says na at settings lower than 85. Any ideas anyone please?

Xvesa worked with 4.3.1 beautifully, 4.3.2 only lets me run 800x600????

Keyboard works properly though, and I love the icon changes, much more professional looking.

regards
scsijon
abushcrafter

PostPosted: Mon 17 May 2010, 12:28    Post_subject:  

With the release of Quirky and Lupu are you still working on this? Cos I still going to be using this for what another year or more.

There is more bugs and fixs here for you http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=47563&start=255 Razz.
tlchost

PostPosted: Mon 17 May 2010, 14:17    Post_subject:  

abushcrafter wrote:
With the release of Quirky and Lupu are you still working on this? Cos I still going to be using this for what another year or more.

I would hope he does....qrky does not work with my laptop video...so it's a no starter for me.

Thom

of course if the xvesa isn;t fixed with this one, then that's bad news also
DaveS

PostPosted: Mon 17 May 2010, 15:16    Post_subject:  

tlchost wrote:
abushcrafter wrote:

I would hope he does....qrky does not work with my laptop video...so it's a no starter for me.

Thom

of course if the xvesa isn;t fixed with this one, then that's bad news also

Same for me with quirky AND lupu
Wonder how 4.4 is going...............

nubc

PostPosted: Wed 19 May 2010, 02:29    Post_subject:  

I was premature when I reported that gxine plays a downloaded YT video acquired from tmp. The video I was playing was recorded by a savvy electronica group, and probably had special properties, because a run-of-the-mill YT video (acquired from tmp) still doesn't play in gxine. Oh well.
tlchost

PostPosted: Sat 22 May 2010, 10:57    Post_subject: Is the Official version Dead  

Just wondering if the official version is dead in the water...it seems so.
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 00:55    Post_subject:  

I'm not sure, I don't have the spare time like I once did plus I'm fighting a head cold, My fulltime job should be finished in 2-3 weeks maybe sooner, Then I'll have lots of free time to work on this, Plus puppy 5.0 is out so I'm not sure if there is any support for 4 series anymore, How does it compare to 5 series? I'm personally put off the the size of series 5, 130MB is way too large in my books for a puppy release, It wasn't that long ago when we were complaining about going to 100MB.
ttuuxxx

tlchost

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 02:10    Post_subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
My fulltime job should be finished in 2-3 weeks maybe sooner, Then I'll have lots of free time to work on this,

Cool
Quote:

Plus puppy 5.0 is out so I'm not sure if there is any support for 4 series anymore, How does it compare to 5 series?

Seems like there are quite a few comments I've read that indicate folks are having problems that they did not have with the 4.x series. I suspect that a finished version of 432 would be used and appreciated.

Thom
James C

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 02:38    Post_subject:  

I'm still using 4.32 as my primary operating system and it's been really solid and stable. Smile

Two things going for continuing the 4 series for a while longer is the stability and the smaller size.There have been enough releases and effort put into the 4 series that most of the problems have been ironed out by now. I think a 4.32 release would be appreciated and used by many as well. Smile
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 03:43    Post_subject:  

Quote:
How does it compare to 5 series? I'm personally put off the the size of series 5, 130MB is way too large in my books for a puppy release, It wasn't that long ago when we were complaining about going to 100MB.

Projects based on the 4 series never materialized in the time frame expected
and even Dpup is largely on hold. So Puppy Lucid was created in two months (though the project was already underway. So 4.3.1/2 and 4.4 are still welcome. Technosaurus IS making progress with 4.4 and deserves support.

Part of the size is the fact that it uses Ubuntu binaries
- not Puppy optimised ones - though Woof does trim some of the fat.

Puppy 5.1 will be smaller as the default browser will be smaller.
5.1 is faster at booting. Booting straight to desktop - on working systems is great.

Personally I would prefer to use Puppeee on my desktop - or I may use the next release of Fatdog64

For now I am using Lucid very happily. Is it better is a very subjective question. For me the answer is yes. For most people using it I should imagine yes too . . . as more software becomes available the answer will become more obvious. You will be able to do more with Lucid.

Puppy Linux
Runs software

abushcrafter

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 04:33    Post_subject:  

I would quite like a 432 release as I am not going to upgrade straight away for a few reasons.
scsijon

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 06:01    Post_subject: Don't you dare ttuuxxx  

After awaiting the promised fixes of 4.3.2, you suddenly see m to be cutting the floor out from under us!

Crying or Very sad Shame on you. Crying or Very sad

5.0 is useless to me as the video won't work on vesa at present unless i'm happy with 800x600 (NOT)..

4.4 may eventually work, but not at present.

i'm running on 4.3.1 with some workarounds that your work will nullify the need of,
run with it
your NEEDED

my 2cents (with heart)
scsijon
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 06:10    Post_subject: Re: Don't you dare ttuuxxx  

scsijon wrote:
After awaiting the promised fixes of 4.3.2, you suddenly see m to be cutting the floor out from under us!

Crying or Very sad Shame on you. Crying or Very sad

my 2cents (with heart)
scsijon

Nope never would I do that, I just wanted to know if it was still viable to move forward in a couple of weeks maybe sooner, I've more than proven my dedication towards puppy, I just figured at the time of my previous post is that puppy 5 is out and that the current users of series 4 would be happy with that, If not I'll continue 4.3.2 and also 2.14X since that release is almost at cult status Smile I use it everyday and take it over 4 series hands down, but to each there own, I'm dedicated to 4 series for a final 4.3.2 then the rest is up to techno and his 4.4
ttuuxxx

abushcrafter

PostPosted: Sun 23 May 2010, 08:21    Post_subject: Re: Don't you dare ttuuxxx  

ttuuxxx wrote:
I'm dedicated to 4 series for a final 4.3.2 then the rest is up to techno and his 4.4
Thanks Muchly.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 21 of 31 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, ..., 29, 30, 31 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum