FFConvert - multimedia converter

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
soliver

theora

#31 Post by soliver »

Hello abushcrafter

I'm using puppy 4.12, so don't know if real-media is working properly in 4.31. What I can say is, when you make xinelib 1.28 in 4.12 you'll get a crappy sound with low bitrates (test an the url above).

If you want theora, you'll have to download and compile the source from the website http://theora.org/downloads/ with the dependencies (libogg, libvorbis and SDL). Now you can make the xinelib and/or ffmpeg with theora. That's what I did and it's working. I'm using ucview for my webcam and saving the vids with theora. Most of the time no problems :) , sometimes it's hanging :?

Greets

abushcrafter

Re: theora

#32 Post by abushcrafter »

soliver wrote:Hello abushcrafter

I'm using puppy 4.12, so don't know if real-media is working properly in 4.31. What I can say is, when you make xinelib 1.28 in 4.12 you'll get a crappy sound with low bitrates (test an the url above).

If you want theora, you'll have to download and compile the source from the website http://theora.org/downloads/ with the dependencies (libogg, libvorbis and SDL). Now you can make the xinelib and/or ffmpeg with theora. That's what I did and it's working. I'm using ucview for my webcam and saving the vids with theora. Most of the time no problems :) , sometimes it's hanging :?

Greets
I already have those libs. I guess I will have to compile xine or ffmpeg. Which version should I go for?

soliver

#33 Post by soliver »

Hi abushcrafter
I already have those libs. I guess I will have to compile xine or ffmpeg. Which version should I go for?
I think I'm not the one to tell you that, because of a "rookie-status". I'll try to explain what I did and hope it helps you, but be careful :roll:

I took ffmpeg source 0.5.1 and xinelib 1.28. Have some extras like new lame, speex, mad, musepack, wavpack, sndfile, replaygain... and then compiled it. Sounds easy, but wasn't. If you only need theora and you have compiled the libs, just try

ffmpeg:
use the one from shinobar

and

xinelib:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=i486-t2-linux-gnu --enable-ipv6 --disable-gnomevfs --disable-samba --enable-modplug --enable-antialiasing --with-sdl --with-wavpack --with-vorbis --with-theora --with-external-ffmpeg --with-freetype --with-fontconfig

(as a part of my ./configure lines)
Now xine/gxine can play theora and ffmpeg from shinobar can convert it / play it with ffplay.

Greets

abushcrafter

#34 Post by abushcrafter »

soliver wrote:Hi abushcrafter
I think I'm not the one to tell you that, because of a "rookie-status". I'll try to explain what I did and hope it helps you, but be careful :roll:

I took ffmpeg source 0.5.1 and xinelib 1.28. Have some extras like new lame, speex, mad, musepack, wavpack, sndfile, replaygain... and then compiled it. Sounds easy, but wasn't. If you only need theora and you have compiled the libs, just try

ffmpeg:
use the one from shinobar

and

xinelib:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=i486-t2-linux-gnu --enable-ipv6 --disable-gnomevfs --disable-samba --enable-modplug --enable-antialiasing --with-sdl --with-wavpack --with-vorbis --with-theora --with-external-ffmpeg --with-freetype --with-fontconfig

(as a part of my ./configure lines)
Now xine/gxine can play theora and ffmpeg from shinobar can convert it / play it with ffplay.

Greets
Thank you. I will give that a go when I have the time.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#35 Post by Flash »

soliver wrote:
Flash wrote:
I'm trying out Quirky 021, which comes with FFConvert in the Multimedia section. I'd like to use FFConvert to change the resolution of mp3 files from 192 kbps (or whatever) stereo, to 32 kbps mono, but I can't see any way to do it.
Just go to the preset MP3 (mono), choose your file and output directory and type 32 in the bitrate:(kbps) area.
It won't work. Here are the FFConvert settings I used, and the result. :(

Also, I can't see any way to tell FFConvert to convert the whole CD full of mp3 files. It only allows me to do them one at a time, which will take forever as there can be several hundred mp3 files on a mp3 book CD.
Attachments
FFConvert settings.jpg
(80.47 KiB) Downloaded 2403 times
FFConvert results.png
(10.91 KiB) Downloaded 2339 times

dweez

convert directory

#36 Post by dweez »

Hello Flash

to convert whole directory try this:

- go to directory and open terminal
- type/paste
for f in *.mp3;do ffmpeg -i "$f" -y -f mp3 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32k -ac 1 -ar 22050 /root/My-Music/"$f";done
- wait :roll:

You can change the output directory and/or the input filetype.
Can someone integrate this in ffconvert?

Hope this works

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#37 Post by Flash »

Thanks, dweez. I'll try it tonight, I hope. :)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#38 Post by Flash »

It didn't work. :(

It almost did. (In Quirky 1.0) I created a directory in /tmp called Dallas,/Whiter to hold the converted mp3 files, mounted the mp3 CD, opened a terminal in the CD directory, pasted the code as you see it below, and here's the error it gave:

Code: Select all

# for f in *.mp3;do ffmpeg -i "$f" -y -f mp3 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32k -ac 1 -ar 22050 /tmp/Dallas,/Whiter/"$f";done
ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52: undefined symbol: speex_header_free

soliver

converting directory

#39 Post by soliver »

Hi ho flash

For ME it seems that it is a problem of your/shinobars ffmpeg. Like you see (picture) it works well. I mounted a stick instead a cd, named the directory and copied the code....
Two differences : a) another puppy version (think don't matter) b) I have ffmpeg latest stable (because of the x264) compiled by myself with all dependencies (like new liblame). It looks that ffmepg isn't compiled against your liblame and others so it won't work.
Sorry for that, but seems you'll have to compile it yourself with all the dependencies. Don't know what other people think but the code is working well.

Greets
and
take care
Attachments
ffmpeg.png
(28.57 KiB) Downloaded 1448 times

shinobar

ffmpeg/ffconvert update

#40 Post by shinobar »

Hi flash and to all,
if you installed my ffmpeg of the large pet, try to upgrade:
ffmpeg-20100408-0.7.pet, which contains libspeex.

ffconvert also updated to version 0.7, with small bugfix.
Last edited by shinobar on Thu 20 May 2010, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

shinobar

ffmpeg/ffconvert update

#41 Post by shinobar »

The large pet ffmpeg-20100408-0.7.pet, which contains libspeex.
The small pet ffconvert-0.7.pet, with small bugfix.
Both available from the top of this topic.

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: ffmpeg/ffconvert update

#42 Post by BarryK »

shinobar wrote:The large pet ffmpeg-20100408-0.7.pet, which contains libspeex.
The small pet ffconvert-0.7.pet, with small bugfix.
Both available from the top of this topic.
Hi, you have uploaded the 'ffconvert-0.7' directory, not the .pet.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

shinobar

Re: ffmpeg/ffconvert update

#43 Post by shinobar »

BarryK wrote:[Hi, you have uploaded the 'ffconvert-0.7' directory, not the .pet.
Thanks Barry. Uploaded the pet now.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Re: convert directory

#44 Post by Flash »

dweez wrote:Hello Flash

to convert whole directory try this:

- go to directory and open terminal
- type/paste

Code: Select all

for f in *.mp3;do ffmpeg -i "$f" -y -f mp3  -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32k -ac 1 -ar 22050   /root/My-Music/"$f";done
After installing shinobar's big ffmpeg-0.7.pet, this did the job. The only hitch, which had no effect on the result, was that when it ran out of mp3 files to convert, it gave this confusing error:
Input #0, mp3, from '153END.mp3':
Metadata:
TIT2 : 153 The End - Pearl of China
TPE1 : Recorded Books
Duration: 00:00:00.00, start: 0.000000, bitrate: -2147483 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 128 kb/s
Output #0, mp3, to '/mnt/sdf1/Mp3_books/Min,/Pearl/153END.mp3':
Metadata:
TSSE : Lavf52.61.0
Stream #0.0: Audio: libmp3lame, 22050 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 32 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Press [q] to stop encoding
[libmp3lame @ 0x809f460]lame: output buffer too small (buffer index: 9508, free bytes: 284)
Audio encoding failed

#

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#45 Post by Flash »

GNOME MPlayer started working in Quirky 100 after I installed shinobar's big ffmpeg-0.7.pet. :D

shinobar

Convert whole directory

#46 Post by shinobar »

Thanks Flash and to all:

FFconvert-0.8 can now convert all files in the same directory with one operation.
Try the new version.

abushcrafter

#47 Post by abushcrafter »

Bug: FFConvert can't cope with files with spaces in their paths.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#48 Post by Flash »

What ambushcrafter said, and it is a real pain in the you-know-what.

Haven't I seen a program somewhere in Puppy that changes spaces to _underlines_ and back again?

shinobar

file names with spaces

#49 Post by shinobar »

Updated FFconvert to v.0.9 which can handle paths with spaces.
Thanks abushcrafter and flash.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#50 Post by Flash »

Thanks a bunch. :D I'll try it as soon as I can.