Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Oct 2014, 04:47
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Lucid Puppy 5.0.1 - 24 May 2010
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 64 of 87 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, ..., 85, 86, 87 Next
tubeguy

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 15:56    Post_subject:  

So is the final going to officially be called "Puppy 5" or "Lucid Puppy"?
stu90

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 15:57    Post_subject:  

Thanks, will download 5.00 tonight - going to try and get puppy.look finished for the 15th.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=55220
aarf

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 17:06    Post_subject:  

md5sum 5f055ffeb950aadf2497b816a12bbc73
lupu-499.iso___lupu-500.iso.delta
Size: 2.91 MB

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
Jim1911

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 18:08    Post_subject:  

Fresh frugal installation of lupu-500. Initial setup was flawless. As with lupu-449, installed a good sample of the pets and sfs using Quickpet, all are working great. Installed gnome-games with the ppm. Also installed Barry's latest nvidia driver using Quickpet and it’s working great. As usual, I'm using zigbert's DuDE which unfortunately conflicts with Quickpet update function. Of course, there is still a problem with Abiword printing graphics to CUPS-PDF.

The Quickpet problem is the same as reported for the update function in that it froze the desktop and would not respond to any key presses or mouse movement. However, this time I loaded each program and checked it's operation along with Quickpet update and discovered that the conflicting program is DuDE. This is sad since DuDE really dresses up the jwm desktop. I'll also post this on the DuDE post so that zigbert can look into the conflict too. Sad

Great job, Very Happy
Jim
James C

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 18:57    Post_subject:  

Fresh frugal install of 5.00. First run wizard.......set resolution, time zone, etc. no problems.Drive icons were correct.

Installed Firefox with Browser Installer........fine. Used Quickpet to install Pwidgets, etc. .......no problems.Also checked for updates as well.

Working well so far.......
chrisdev

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 19:14    Post_subject: mp configuration
Sub_title: no sweat

playdayz wrote:
Quote:
mp has been upgraded in the recent puppies. The ~/.mprc config file included with Puppy is circa 2005, and is not usable, even as a guide for setting mp's configuration from within mp.

If you try to use anything from Puppy's sample config file, either you get a syntax warning, or mp quits with "Segmentation fault".

I did some research. I can provide a config file to replace the one included in Puppy. In fact, I will attach here what I'm currently using; it covers only a small amount of possible configuration settings. If it is useful, I can work up something more extensive.

mp (or mp + urxvt) is buggy compared to the mp version in Puppy 4.1.2, unfortunately.

This is our last day chrisdev and it is not obvious to me unfortunately the relation between .mprc and the file you attached. I am afraid we will have to save this one for 5.0.1--look at it this way--it is first in line. thanks.

Hey, first in line for 5.01 feels pretty good! Whenever you think is best, of course.

The purpose of my file: Puppy's .mprc file is not looked at by mp. It also gives 100% incorrect guidance (which was frustrating). It should be removed.

My file, residing at ~/.mp.mpsl as mp wants, could be included -- or, my file could be slightly renamed (maybe ".mp.mpsl.SAMPLE"?) to only serve as a reference.

Thank you for all your efforts.
8-bit

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 19:43    Post_subject:
Sub_title: TkHearts, TkSpider, tcltk

Just to let you know, if you want a Hearts or Spider card game,
you can install TclTk8.5.3.pet, TkHearts-0.9.pet and TkSpider-1.0.4.pet and not break anything.
I will not hunt the files down for you!
cthisbear

PostPosted: Thu 13 May 2010, 20:20    Post_subject:  

" Link in Quickpet Chris."

Yeah! I saw that but it was not immediatly apparent where
the pet was.
Usually I download them to my drive so there are no issues.

Thanks mate....Chris.
rameshiyer

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 00:20    Post_subject: Internet Connection
Sub_title: Network Proxy

I am not able to update the Lucid Puppy, because I don't have direct internet connection. I am getting internet through Proxy settings. Is it possible to update Lucid Puppy. Moreover, as there is no direct connection, I didn't able to install any web browser. I have already download Lucid Puppy 5.00 RC for testing. Awaiting valuable solution.
01micko

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 02:01    Post_subject:  

Quote:
I am not able to update the Lucid Puppy, because I don't have direct internet connection. I am getting internet through Proxy settings. Is it possible to update Lucid Puppy. Moreover, as there is no direct connection, I didn't able to install any web browser. I have already download Lucid Puppy 5.00 RC for testing. Awaiting valuable solution.

Use the menu item "Support" >> "Quickpet on the Web", should possibly solve your issue.

Cheers.

01micko

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 02:05    Post_subject:  

Jim1911 wrote:
[snip]
The Quickpet problem is the same as reported for the update function in that it froze the desktop and would not respond to any key presses or mouse movement. However, this time I loaded each program and checked it's operation along with Quickpet update and discovered that the conflicting program is DuDE. This is sad since DuDE really dresses up the jwm desktop. I'll also post this on the DuDE post so that zigbert can look into the conflict too. Sad

Great job, Very Happy
Jim

Jim, I may revert to just opening a web browser and that's all for the update. That will fix your issue and the DuDE is too important (for me anyways Wink ) to drop. I can't quite get a handle on why it isn't working, But we can leave that for the future as stability is paramount at the moment.

Cheers

cthisbear

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 02:26    Post_subject:  

01micko:

Is there a direct link mate >> pup radio?

Because I'm going to do a Joe Crocker in a minute!!!

I've just installed 499 on a 1 gig media player.

And really who on this forum wants me to sing
"Cry me an iRiver "

Chris.
8-bit

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 02:53    Post_subject:
Sub_title: multimedia software

In my case, I just installed streamtuner-0.99.99.pet and streamripper-1.63.5.pet and tuned in to a radio station on Shoutcast, hit the record button and a directory was created in /root with the station name that contained the recorded music.
I have already done the same thing on an earlier version of Puppy and made a music cd that displayed the title and artist on Players capable of displaying that info.
gerry

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 03:06    Post_subject:  

Before you launch "Lucid Puppy" make sure Canonical haven't got "Lucid" as part of the name of a linux distro copyrighted/ trademarked.

EDIT: They clobbered the people that produced Fluxbuntu.

gerry
stevoomba

PostPosted: Fri 14 May 2010, 03:38    Post_subject:  

Regarding the problem about the clock being wrong soon after you set it to the right time, I tricked it by setting it to the wrong time the opposite way, and now the clock is right in spite of itself...
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 64 of 87 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, ..., 85, 86, 87 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum