Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 31 Oct 2014, 14:41
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Lucid Puppy 5.0.1 - 24 May 2010
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 26 of 87 [1297 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, ..., 85, 86, 87 Next
cifa

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 18:17    Post subject:  

gxine still not working here in 111 - still crashes/freezes the system when i try to boot the program. in other words - it doesn't work.
any suggestions any one or even how to get a bug report in for that?
for the record - its an Intel g41 graphics chip on a frugal install
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 19:40    Post subject:  

Quote:
xine still not working here in 111 - still crashes/freezes the system when i try to boot the program. in other words - it doesn't work.

cifa, You have made the bug report. i hope someone else has an idea. I have been listening to gxine all day while I edited and built and rebuilt Lucid Puppy. It akes sense to me that you are right about the video card. I hope now that the video is in good shape that we can spend more time on this bug and others like it. Thanks.

Quote:
if the fancy new thing doesn't work, (1) exit to prompt, (2) run xorg-setup, (3) select Probe, (4) select desired screen resolution if given the option, and (5) hit Test, not OK.

Pa, if you look at the new instructions in the first message, I think they are pretty close to what you say. Even better now that it is all xorgwizard again (as it should be Wink

Thanks.
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 19:40    Post subject:  

Quote:
xine still not working here in 111 - still crashes/freezes the system when i try to boot the program. in other words - it doesn't work.

cifa, You have made the bug report. i hope someone else has an idea. I have been listening to gxine all day while I edited and built and rebuilt Lucid Puppy. It makes sense to me that you are right about the video card. I hope now that the video is in good shape that we can spend more time on this bug and others like it. Thanks. BTW, pemasu says that gnome-mplayer can work so we hope to have that as an option. Lxmusic might work for you for audio--it's in QuickPet.. Also, there is another gui for xine called xine-ui--it might work where gxine fails. You could find it in packages.ubuntu.conm but it has dependencies--or you could wait and someone will make it.

Quote:
if the fancy new thing doesn't work, (1) exit to prompt, (2) run xorg-setup, (3) select Probe, (4) select desired screen resolution if given the option, and (5) hit Test, not OK.

Pa, if you look at the new instructions in the first message, I think they are pretty close to what you say. Even better now that it is all xorgwizard again (as it should be Wink

Thanks.

Last edited by playdayz on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 20:51; edited 2 times in total
James C

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 20:17    Post subject:  

No problems with Gxine here....been playing mp3, mp4 and wmv as well as Pstreamvid on my frugal install.
Now to grab 112.......... Smile
aarf

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 20:25    Post subject:  

Xdelta 9_12 perhaps?

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
01micko

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 20:35    Post subject:  

aarf wrote:
Xdelta 9_12 perhaps?

perhaps in an hour or so I can make one.

In the meantime, can you try this wget pwidgets command
Code:

wget -t 0 -c --user=puppy --password=linux -4 http://puppylinux.asia/tpp/zigbert/pwidgets-2.2.7.pet

the -4 is for IP4, maybe it will work, thanks to Eric

Cheers

playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 20:42    Post subject:  

Quote:
aarf wrote:
Xdelta 9_12 perhaps?

Got one aarf. At the bottom of the first message in the thread. Thanks.
dalderton

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 21:26    Post subject:  

I have just done full install of 111 and the boot was perfect with the right resolution etc however most of the "improvements"dont work on the last 2 versions. The time set works but on the next boot it is wrong, I cannot get my preferred Dvorak keyboard setup (this has always worked in all the puppy versions including earlier Lucid versions) and the Browser downloader and quick downloader does not get to the console .
I will continue to watch Lucid with interest however at this time Quirky 018 does everything I need on the same hard disc.
I am in awe of those of you who spend the time and energy to develop these puppy versions.

Regards Dennis.
pa_mcclamrock

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 21:36    Post subject:  

Downloaded Lucid Puppy 112, burned to CD, got to boot prompt and entered puppy pfix=ram, got "Disk error 32, AX=4207, drive 9F" when "Loading vmlinuz.isolinux." Burned another CD, same thing happened. Don't have md5sum to check. Blanked one of the two CDs, burned some other content to it, no problem with the CD. Looks like something wrong with the lupu-112 ISO?

Visit Pa Penguin's Icebox: http://www.pa-mcclamrock.com/icebox.html
01micko

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 21:49    Post subject:  

David., here's the checksum

178a9b2715a6006f64c8a270e2e6118b

112 is working ok for me.

I made an update to Quickpet which was a bit too late for the latest iso so I'll attach it here.

Hopefully it will fix stu90's problem (dalderton, yours look similar), and aarf's problem.I think someone mentioned a typo, it isn't fixed, but will be in the next version.

Cheers
pet removed

Last edited by 01micko on Mon 26 Apr 2010, 05:37; edited 2 times in total
James C

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 21:50    Post subject:  

Just finished a fresh frugal install of 112 on my P3 test box.It's getting there......
First boot got 800x600 automatically. Went straight to a prompt and "xorgwizard" where I did get 1024x768 with messed up drive icons.Easy fix there though.

Installed Firefox and Pwidgets with "Quickpet", no problems.

Moved the "trash", "zip" and "lock" icons to make way for the widgets but the lock icon still returns behind the widgets on reboot or restarting X.

Otherwise, things are working good..... Smile
lock-icon.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   30.53 KB
 Viewed   813 Time(s)

lock-icon.jpg

misaligned icons.png
 Description   
 Filesize   282.24 KB
 Viewed   844 Time(s)

misaligned icons.png

playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 22:04    Post subject:  

Lucid Puppy 112 -> http://www.diddywahdiddy.net/Puppy500/lupu-112.iso
md5sum -> 178a9b2715a6006f64c8a270e2e6118b

I downloaded the iso and matched the check sum, burnt it and booted two machines--one old laptop.
Jim1911

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 23:32    Post subject:  

Hi playdayz,

Kudos to you and your team.

Incredible, how fast you are putting updates out. We barely get one installed and there is another one ready to test.

Your auto setup in lupu-112 works perfectly on my system and so far most menu items work properly.

Three exceptions (1) Pmount Puppy Drive Mounter closes when any button is pressed. (2) Abiword cannot print to CUPS-PDF, however it prints fine to my HP Photosmart C5280. (3) Drive icons are misaligned, although easily fixed with the Desktop Drive icons manager followed by restartX.

01micko wrote:
I made an update to Quickpet which was a bit too late for the latest iso so I'll attach it here.
No wonder, playdayz is so fast, however you weren't too far behind with a fine update. The Add Programs and SFS links are great. Note: There is a slight problem with the snap2 program that I recommended. It works fine with lupu, however I discovered that it doesn't get along well with DuDE (conflicts with ptray) so if it is used in combination with DuDE some of the tray buttons will not work.

Kudos,
Jim Very Happy
dalderton

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr 2010, 00:21    Post subject:  

I tried the Quickpet pet and made no difference.
Regards Dennis.
8-bit

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr 2010, 00:53    Post subject:  

I tried lupu-112 on 2 OLD Compaq Presario laptops from the CD with pfix=ram.
In the initial configuration window, I could not set timezone, but I assume with limited memory, you can only do so much running from CD.
I was able to set up wireless networking on one with a broadcom chipset pcmcia card, and also installed firefox (crashed) and then seamonkey (crashed also).
But without being installed to a hard drive and 174 megs of ram to play with, I kind of expected it. Especially since I was connecting to msn.com!
I could not get wireless set up on the better (resolution 1024x768) laptop as it has a netgear USB wireless dongle and I just have not found a linux driver for it and also did not feel like trying ndiswrapper on a pfix=ram run.
But it was surprising to have it even get to a desktop on both old laptops.
And one only has a max resolution of 800x600. Drive icons overlap on that one.

Also, a question in my previous post was not answered.
Question:
Will Update update the version of lupu I am running to the latest one?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Page 26 of 87 [1297 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, ..., 85, 86, 87 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: