DuDE-0.4.1

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
zigbert

#61 Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote:ziggy, not quite perfect but a really good start in quirky-021
I will test quirky before next DuDE-release.

Sigmund

zigbert

#62 Post by zigbert »

DaveS wrote:When I tried it in 4.3* and 4.4 it cleared the defaultbrowser file of text, and thereafter the wizard would not run.
Will check

Sigmund

zigbert

#63 Post by zigbert »

DaveS wrote:DuDe represents a smarter way of working.......... love it!
Me too :D

zigbert

Re: snap2

#64 Post by zigbert »

Jim1911 wrote:I don't know if that conflict can be removed without breaking snap2 partially. The current fix breaks the immediate snapshot capability, but allows the snap2 GUI interface to work properly.
If you replace the quotes (") with (') in the snapshot .desktop file (/usr/share/applications), I think it should work as before.

The fix is ready for next DuDE.

Sigmund

DaveS

#65 Post by DaveS »

zigbert wrote:
DaveS wrote:When I tried it in 4.3* and 4.4 it cleared the defaultbrowser file of text, and thereafter the wizard would not run.
Will check

Sigmund
Also confirmed by Mick0
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Jim1911

#66 Post by Jim1911 »

zigbert wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:I don't know if that conflict can be removed without breaking snap2 partially. The current fix breaks the immediate snapshot capability, but allows the snap2 GUI interface to work properly.
If you replace the quotes (") with (') in the snapshot .desktop file (/usr/share/applications), I think it should work as before.
The fix is ready for next DuDE.
Sigmund
Thanks, I'll give it a try on the Nvidia special test edition of quirky-022 which incidentally DuDE is working great on.

Since DuDE is already installed, will I need to do anything extra other than changing the quotes?

Thanks,
Jim

01micko

#67 Post by 01micko »

Jim, I would say an X restart so DuDE actually restarts so the change can take effect.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#68 Post by zigbert »

Jim1911 wrote:Since DuDE is already installed, will I need to do anything extra other than changing the quotes?
The changes should be done inside the pet-package!!!!!! Before installation of snap

Sigmund

zigbert

#69 Post by zigbert »

Version 0.2.1
See main post

This is a minor bugfix-release.
Not tested in Quirky

Changelog
- Updated fixmenus
- Bugfix: Improved globicons settings
- Bugfix: .desktop files containing " in Exec crashed Ptray (thanks to jim1911)
- Bugfix: Define HOME in fixmenus for Puppy update script (thanks to BarryK)
- Bugfix: Default-wizard crashed when default-script is empty. (thanks to DaveS)
- Bugfix: Desktop menu misses corner configuration

DaveS

#70 Post by DaveS »

Confirm Default wizard fixed :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

01micko

#71 Post by 01micko »

Hi guys,

I just installed Quirky-1, and DuDE.. there is plenty of JWM stuff missing but I did manage to persuade Barry to put in the background stuff for retrovol, but forgot to mention the new blinky and freememapplet. They are called differently in Q-1 and are true tray apps so no need to swallow.

Now they are called in /usr/sbin/delayedrun, which is called in ~/.xinitrc.

At line 31 in /usr/sbin/delayedrun you see this..

Code: Select all

#this goes into the tray...
CURRPS="`ps`"
if [ "`echo "$CURRPS" | grep -E 'lxpanel|fbpanel'`" != "" ];then
 freememapplet_tray & #created by BK.
 sleep 0.1
 blinky_tray & #created by Lior Tubi and MU.
 sleep 0.1
fi
Make it look like this..

Code: Select all

#this goes into the tray...
CURRPS="`ps`"
if [ "`echo "$CURRPS" | grep -E 'lxpanel|fbpanel'`" != "" ];then
 freememapplet_tray & #created by BK.
 sleep 0.1
 blinky_tray & #created by Lior Tubi and MU.
 sleep 0.1
 elif [ "`echo "$CURRPS" | grep -E 'jwm'`" != "" ];then
 freememapplet_tray ${BGOPT} & 
 sleep 0.1
 blinky_tray ${BGOPT} & 
 sleep 0.1
fi
The BGOPT variable is already defined, it is the JWM tray colour, though you see in my screeny, perhaps it's not reading it too well... maybe in DuDE the structure of the bottom tray is different or in a different place? You can have that one ziggy, since you are the one who is intimate with the DuDE...(lucky for me you are in Norway :lol: ) Later... after an X restart it's ok, but Barry's little cpu temp applet is missing, ah well couldn't be so easy eh?? :lol: (Aha.. the temp applet segfaults in jwm and fbpanel.. that's out a my league, also DuDE leaves a gap for old freememapplet)

Do this before you install, DuDE, oh, do an X restart make sure the tray apps work.

Now install Pwidgets (if you like) and then DuDE.

Enjoy.

Cheers
Attachments
later.jpg
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 1471 times
quirky-1-DuDE-0.2.1.jpg
(50.93 KiB) Downloaded 759 times

zigbert

#72 Post by zigbert »

Mick wrote:You can have that one ziggy, since you are the one who is intimate with the DuDE...(lucky for me you are in Norway Laughing )
I'm soon in Australia, :evil: and you are my dude :lol:

01micko

#73 Post by 01micko »

OMG :shock:

I better book a flight to Norway!

Also the segfault of the temp applet is intermittent, I'll file a bug report with Barry.

BTW, the old freememapplet is still in Quirky, just need to call it if you want, not sure if it conflicts with the newer freememapplet_tray.

Cheers

jpeps

#74 Post by jpeps »

Quirky-Dude
Last edited by jpeps on Mon 10 May 2010, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#75 Post by zigbert »

Quirky DuDE look good....... but I see that we need an update for tray-services.

Sigmund

zigbert

#76 Post by zigbert »

Are there any requests for 0.3?

panzerpuppy

#77 Post by panzerpuppy »

Last edited by panzerpuppy on Thu 13 May 2010, 17:20, edited 2 times in total.

Jim1911

#78 Post by Jim1911 »

zigbert wrote:Are there any requests for 0.3?
Glad you asked, DuDE has become my favorite first addition to puppy.

Consider adding to ptray functions:

1. Ability in Edit tray to move program buttons up and down in the list.
2. Ability to switch the Program button to a different directory, or at least a simple way to add or subtract programs that are in the default directory. Maybe just auto update the default to include current contents of /usr/share/applications when changes are made to it's contents.

Consider in Puppy Control Center:

1. Under Install, Remaster button -- call an updated remaster program that has the capability of pointing to a directory for needed files in addition to a CD or a previously mounted iso.
2. Under Desktop, Themes button -- add some more theme choices
3. Under Mouse/Keyboard, settings button -- add the capability to turn numlock key on/off when computer boots.

Question? What file should be edited to change the text in the favorites menu? What prompts the question is that some programs show up with the right icon but wrong program description ie. sol (Aisleriot Solitaire) shows up as "X-console - monitor console". This has occurred on all lupu versions tested, however it does show up correctly sometimes and appears to be related to whether gnome-games or DuDE is installed first.

Thanks,
Jim

jpeps

#79 Post by jpeps »

zigbert wrote:Quirky DuDE look good....... but I see that we need an update for tray-services.

Sigmund
Ah....Updated!

zigbert

#80 Post by zigbert »

Jim1911 wrote:Consider adding to ptray functions:

1. Ability in Edit tray to move program buttons up and down in the list.
Have you tried to drag items up/down the list? :wink: Maybe a tooltip would be good.
Jim1911 wrote:2. Ability to switch the Program button to a different directory
The apps in /usr/share/applications has their icon listed in /root/.stardust/tmp/iconlist. How do you want to fetch the correct icon for a app outside /usr/share/applications?
Jim1911 wrote:Consider in Puppy Control Center:

1. Under Install, Remaster button -- call an updated remaster program that has the capability of pointing to a directory for needed files in addition to a CD or a previously mounted iso.
Does there exist a better remaster-script than the one included, or do you mean that we should have made a new one?
Jim1911 wrote:2. Under Desktop, Themes button -- add some more theme choices
What choices are you thinking of?
Jim1911 wrote:3. Under Mouse/Keyboard, settings button -- add the capability to turn numlock key on/off when computer boots.
Yes, let's do it.......There is a program floating around here somewhere for turning it on/off......was it xnumlock?????? I don't want to include the program itself, but I will make a on/off button in pcc if it exist. Can anyone point me to it?
Jim1911 wrote:Question? What file should be edited to change the text in the favorites menu? What prompts the question is that some programs show up with the right icon but wrong program description ie. sol (Aisleriot Solitaire) shows up as "X-console - monitor console". This has occurred on all lupu versions tested, however it does show up correctly sometimes and appears to be related to whether gnome-games or DuDE is installed first.
You can't edit anything, since it is generated by /usr/sbin/fixmenus_favorites everytime jwm is started. We should instead look at why this happens with some apps. Please point me to the actual apps. I am running Puppy 4.3.1 at the moment.

Thank you for your effort
Sigmund